“Average Thai/Vietnamese food”

Pho and Spice
Ranked #62 of 193 Restaurants in Waltham
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The food here is average, but there's better available in the area. The pho noodle dishes are standard fare and good; the pad thai is just so-so.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I like the food and I order a take out from time to time. While the food is tasty, the servings are small. Depending on a day, sometimes you get a large soup filled up a little over half of the quart container or my curry today could fit on a desert plate.
I actually called to tell them about making a mistake in the order (wanted green curry, not yellow curry) and about the size of the servings and was told that I never specified the order and the serving seemed small because I substituted the noodles. Not the best attitude to keep a customer.
Me and my co workers have been ordering for a while and the place is definitely changing. While prices keep going up the servings are shrinking. I think I will stay away for a while.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We get take out from here fairly often b/c it is convenient to our work. Everything is pretty tasty, from the Vietnamese items (pho and lemongrass stuff) to the Thai (masaman curry) and even Korean (not the best ok dol bi bim bap, but satisfies the craving since there's no local alternative)

The portions are decent, but you get a lot of "filler" (onions, whatnot) and not much meat. Some dishes are better than others in this respect.

Service is friendly and pretty efficient. I'll up a star when I see more meat.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I'm sad to report that what used to be one our family's favorite spots has taken a dive. Maybe new management???
We were there last week for our usual:
1. Large chicken Pho-split between the kids
2. Lemongrass beef on vermicelli
3. Fresh spring rolls-pork

Well, the kids soup had about 3 strands of chicken so I asked to get more chicken. I was asked "Do you want "extra" meat"? I said "no", I would like some meat. Bottom line....if i wanted more meat, I had to buy it. I told her I don't have to buy more, I just don't have to come back thank you! They were fine with that situation.

Spring rolls were light on the good stuff: mint, pork, carrots and really heavy on the noodles. Peanut sauce was great!

In addition, my lemongrass beef had about 3 pieces of meat and about a pound of noodles...way too many noodles.

Overall.....they seem to be cutting corners and that saddens me.....
Fondly,
Lover of Pho

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This small and simple restaurant is nothing fancy but the food is excellent. Outstanding Pho in a variety of sizes and offerings. I'm particularly fond of the Chicken Bun - a bowl of rice vermicelli with sprouts, lettuce, scallions, peanuts and Nuoc Chum sauce.