“Our favorite place”

Good for: Child-friendly
Wayland, Massachusetts
“Our favorite place”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We like Bertucci's . The pizzas are crisp, the real lemon lemonade always fresh, the servers smiling an pretty and the atmosphere friendly. While my family opt for all kinds of pizza I like their paste, especially those large penne with cheese topping. The price is OK and we are always sat and satisfied.

St. Johns, Florida
“Awesome pizza and quick service”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Always a winner when we order lunch for the customers or go out with them. Pizza is awesome especially the mushroom and whitesauce.

Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Always good for a quick meal”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Good to stop in for a bite. Great pizza and wings. A clean restaurant that is close to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Visited May 2013
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“Mixed review - disappointing for the reputation”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Let me say that IO usually don't write bad reviews. I think that all places have good days and bad and I usually give a second chance. If it's bad the second time - I just don;t go back. But I really feel the need on this one...

I live in Western MA and love eating at any of our our local Bertucci locations, so it was a no-brainer to hit the one right across the highway from our hotel on Prospect Hill in Waltham, MA. We were tired and it was convenient, and I thought it would be a great beginning to a special weekend away for my teenage son and I (both foodies). The experience at Bertucci's was a let down from start to finish. It began with the hostess following behind us into the restaurant from somewhere down the strip mall. It was mid-afternoon so as expected, the place was darker and quiet, which usually means quicker service and food that is cooked with a little more attention to detail.

We were seated well enough and our server was nice enough - but right after taking our order, we could see her and another server leave the restaurant and go outside to meet with some man who had pulled up - then walked around talking and checking their phones. Our server's break was so long that when our orders were finally up (and the cook hollered several times for pickup), another server brought our meals. Please note I did not call the cook a "chef". To be fair - my son's lobster with smoked mozzarella ravioli in red cream sauce was OK - maybe not worth the 18.00+, but OK nonetheless. MY meal (chicken Dolmani) sounded great - but the result was awful. Breaded chicken pieces in a lemon white wine sauce with gemelli pasta and fresh spinach. I've had better frozen meals at lunchtime at work. Good thing this came in a deep dish as it was not just runny - but watered down, like the pasta hadn't even been drained. I asked about it and the server (now back from checking her phone) said, "Oh it's supposed to be like that - it's a white wine sauce..." She did ask if I wanted it re-fired, but we were so hungry after traveling that I didn't want to wait for another meal and for her to take another phone iPhone break. I declined so I could finish and get back to our hotel. I quickly gave up on the soggy breaded chicken, and ate the pasta that was basically plain boiled boxed pasta that my son could have made better. Next I gave up and picked out the spinach, which seemed washed, but tasted old and very much like dirt. When the server came back, she seemed to notice the picked out spinach and half eaten meal, but did not inquire or try to compensate. I think she must have been concentrating on her next text message...

40.00 for an unsatisfying meal and a disappointing experience at one of my favorite places to eat...

1 Thank Marie P
Jasper, New York
“Great dinner with friends”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Ate dinner on a Thursday night with friends. They kept the bread and oil dip coming and it was awesome! Dinners were delicious! Salmon was perfect, Chicken Marsala was divine. The prices were reasonable for the portion and quality. Service was welcoming, professional, and prompt. Beautiful ambience all around. Don't pass up the chance to visit.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Bertucci's? Share your experiences!