“needed a place for 3 nights”

Best Western TLC Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Reviewed 28 July 2011

They were very organized, food was very good, and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western TLC Hotel

Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a good hotel, Friendly staff, reasonable rates close to Boston.
First night the adjoining room was noisy, next 3 nights we has the adjoining room, it was very nice. Pool and decent breakfast included. We have stayed there several time when we go to Waltham to visit family. Will continue to stay there due to service and rates.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The bathroom fixtures are cheap (plastic sink handles, thin fiberglass tub/shower liner) and the service is gruff (when we requested a room away from the elevator, the reception clerk complained that the hotel was way too full for her to make changes -- then told us that the room we had was well away from the elevator. She could have left out the first part), But the rooms were clean and the complimentary breakfast adequate. This makes it a reasonable budget option, in my view. You won't come away feeling pampered. But you won't feel grubby either.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ushorr
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My daughter and I spent two nights here. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clean and quiet, and the beds OK, but the pillows were much too soft for me, even with three bunched together. And the Wi-Fi connection was absolutely the slowest I have ever encountered. I was repeatedly timed out. The breakfast bar had decent coffee and good bagels, but the only fruit offered was a bowl of apples. We didn't use the pool.
I picked this hotel because of its location, just off Rte 128, which combines relative proximity to Boston and Cambridge and an easy escape to the west. And that I was happy about. I could very well stay here again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Fleagle
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Lot of good things going for the TLC; great location on the outskirts of Boston just off the Interstate, clean room, liked the room standard with a sofa and a proper desk and large window (great sunset), and under $100 per night. When we booked the room on the internet we specifically asked for a quiet room as my wife and I are light sleepers.

Problem was that a party of people had been booked in various rooms on the fifth floor and they congregated in the room next to us, lots of laughing, banter, loud conversation until 03.00 in the morning. The walls in this property are thin and we could clearly hear each word. They had their balcony doors open too and the sound drifted in through our windows as well! I got less than 4 hours sleep and then had to listen to them boasting loudly at breakfast about how late they had stayed up! When we checked out we heard another guest complain about the same problem.

I can understand that for any hotel management loud guests are a problem and are difficult to detect beforehand. However, we did ask for a quiet area and that didn't happen being put next to a party booking, the thin walls and windows didn't help much. A pity, the TLC does have a lot going for it and I would happily stay again, just not a Friday or Saturday night 'cos I need my sleep!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mike1087
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Booked a last minute trip to Boston for the Labour Day weekend. Hotels very busy. After reading the reviews we booked the Best Western TLC. Only rooms remaining were smoking rooms. Hoped to switch but no luck. Time for hotels to get rid of smoking rooms and cater to the majority. Smoking smell was tolerable. Check-in was awkward as the desk clerk appeared to be in training mode. Tried hard to please though. Room with king bed was large and spacious with a nice work area and free wi-fi. Bed was very comfy and a/c quiet and cool. Free buffet breakfast was basic but good in a nice big room. Indoor pool was also nice. Used the T to go downtown. Had to drive 4 exits to get to Riverside T station. I think we counted 18 stops to the downtown Government Centre. Next time we will try for a hotel closer to a T station with fewer stops downtown.

Overall a nice place with a good location at a very good price for a weekend in Boston. Tip: try the Naked Fish next door. Great seafood.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank OptiBill2002
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a week and was very satisfied with the overall cleanliness and comfort of the room and the public areas. My room was #602, an east facing room with a balcony. I actually had a decent view of the Boston skyline over the hills. The room was well appointed and kept spotless by the housekeeping staff. However, the hotel has no working restaurant and only opened the dining room for the complimentary continental breakfast. There is no bar or other gathering place either. the old one appears to be being renovated. The breakfast food was typical but of good quality. Overall, this hotel is a great choice for your money whether you are staying local (Waltham has a vibrant downtown area 5 min from the hotel) or attending to business or visiting Boston.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business