“Average Stay”

Best Western TLC Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel on business this past weekend. When I checked in, it didn't seem like the staff really knew what they were doing. I was checked into the hotel in silence as one of the supervisors was sucking on a lolly pop and talking on the phone trying to see whether or not the room was available. Not exactly the most professional atmosphere at the Front Desk and not something that I would expect.

When I got to the room, I noticed that the bathroom door never actually shut. Thankfully, I had a good rapport with the person that I was sharing the room with and didn't have to worry about losing any kind of privacy.

When entering and leaving the hotel, there was either nobody at the desk (which I thought was odd) or if they were, they did not acknowledge the guests coming and going. This could be a safety concern and shows me that they lacked a watchful eye as to who was coming and going in the hotel.

The complimentary breakfast was decent; however, the staff member that manned it during the weekend wasn't exactly pleasant. There were some kids walking around without shoes and didn't exactly handle the situation properly.

I think the one thing that saved the hotel was the restaurant that was attached. Definitely had some great food and great service. Perhaps the hotel should take into consideration some of the service tips from the restaurant.

If I had to do it all over again, I would probably end up paying a few extra bucks and stay at one of the hotels across the street.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear James H,

I want to personally apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had at the hotel. I have spoken to my Front Desk Staff and rectified the situation. It is not acceptable to me that you had an average stay. Please call or e-mail me so that I can make sure that you experience a superior guest stay in the future. Thank you for your honest assessment.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Excellent value. Fine service. Easy access to Cambridge and Boston. Hotel restaurant is lively and the food is good - draws large clientele from outside the hotel itself. so much so parking can be at a premium early in the evening.

Dear HappyFamily151,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel. I am completely empathetic to your feelings regarding the parking situation. We are weighing several options. Please be assured that this problem will be solved shortly. Thank you for the feedback.

Best regards,

General manager

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Rooms are spacious. Bathrooms are too small. Great WIFI. Good breakfast. Workout room needs some work. Restaurant attached is very convenient and food was very good. Location is convenient to interstate, shopping and public transportation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RLStoudt,

Thank you for your comments and I appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are currently working on an upgrade for our Fitness Center. The Copper House Tavern is a great place to eat, relax and unwind. I look forward to having you stay with us in the future and again, thank you.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Best Western TLC in Waltham was close to my company's corporate office and turned out to be perfect. The Copper House Tavern inside the hotel was a bonus! Great food, good drinks and nice atmosphere. The staff was very nice. I will continue to stay at this hotel for each visit I make to the corporate office.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Juhermz ,

I really enjoyed reading your great comments. Your enthusiasm put a smile on my face and I will be sure to have my staff read your review. The Copper House tavern is a wonderful place to eat and drink and the atmosphere is positively vibrant. I look forward to having you stay with us in the future. On your next visit please stop by the Front Desk so that I can introduce myself .

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The addition of microwave and refrigerator to the room and renovation of the pool are definite improvements. We also appreciate being able to control the heat in the room. Clean was clean and up to date. We did experience some noise from the room next door through rather thin wall.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Philip K,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you liked the upgrades to the hotel. Please accept my apology with regards to the noise issue. I look forward to having you come stay with us in the future and I thank you staying at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Good night sleep for the price, housekeeping did an excellent job on the rooms, halls, lobby, etc. I expected a bit more with the breakfast but for the price it was alright. Easy location to get to right off the highway. Would probably stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Leon B,

BEST WESTERN as a brand prides itself on the cleanliness of its hotels.The BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel recently won the Housekeeping Excellence Award for 2014. I am glad that you found us to be "Super Clean". In addition, we are in the process of adding new items to our Continental Breakfast. This will include some hot items, fresh cut fruit, and healthy choices. Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate you great comments. I look forward to having you back with us again.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had an outstanding stay. The was especially lively bar for mid week stay. The staff was very very attentive service. We highly recommend it and will be returning. Front manager was accommodating to our schedule changes and special requests. Ask for her directly for assistance and you wil not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Margot F, Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Mark D,

I was more than happy to accommodate your scheduling needs. I am glad that I could help you and I want to thank you for being a valued and loyal guest. I will pass on your wonderful comments to my staff. Indeed, The Copper House Tavern is a great place to eat or to have a drink!

Front Office Manager