“Waltham Best Western”

Best Western TLC Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The motel itself is OK. It seems a little pricey for what you get but then, everything is pricey in the Boston area. The restaurant is OK but it can get very crowded and extremely loud when every one gets off work and go in for happy hour.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Douglas F,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your honesty and I hope to see you return to the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel in the future. The restaurant is very popular and therefore very busy. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced due to the large crowd at the Copper House Tavern.

Respectfully,

Genreral Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Best Western TLC because my partner was having surgery at a nearby hospital and I needed a place to stay for an undetermined number of nights. Boston-area hotels can be pretty pricey, and I ended up choosing the Best Western based on its very competitive rate and convenient location. I have not had much previous experience with the Best Western brand, and didn't really know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is attractive from the outside, with ample — and free — parking, something you won't find at many hotels in the city. Upon entering the lobby, it was clear this is a hotel catering to a business clientele, and the professionalism of the service I received during my stay bore this out. Manager Margot Fenton and her staff were very pleasant, helpful and accommodating during what was a difficult time for me.

The hotel has an indoor pool and a small fitness area, neither of which I used, but which looked clean and inviting. The adjoining Copper House Tavern is convenient and cozy, and I had a good dinner there.

My fourth-floor room was large, comfortable and immaculate. My only complaint is one that seems to dog me from hotel to hotel — the heater was a bit noisy. Other than that, the hotel was very quiet at night. In the morning, there was an ample continental breakfast served in an attractive room next to the pool.

My partner's hospital stay ended up being for only one night,; so, too, my stay at the Best Western. I hope to return sometime, when the purpose of my visit is a little happier and there is more time to explore the area. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay near Boston.

Dear wanderer26,

Thank you for the great feedback. I am glad that we could accommodate you and your partner during your time of need and I hope that both of you can return to the hotel and enjoy all that we have to offer. I will pass on your wonderful compliments to my staff. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Room was quiet (end of hall), clean and service at front desk was super. In a busy area just off I-95 in Waltham; Copper House Tavern is attached and was crazy busy on Thursday night so finding a parking spot was difficult - only complaint about the location. For another dining alternative, The Naked Fish is just around the corner - good food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Phil K,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I will pass on your great comments to the hotel staff. The staff at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel prides itself on their cleanliness and on their guest service. I am very happy to hear that you experience a superior guest stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Convenient to Lahey Clinic and other medical centers and shopping; yet close to excitement of downtown Boston. Being on 95/128 loop it is convenient to Northern and southern New England. The service of the manager Ms. Fenton made our stay something extra.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear larryjhirsch,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for being such a loyal and valued guest. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Although the sleeping room was modestly furnished, it was a good size and very quiet. The pool was a great addition, as was the onsite restaurant which had delicious burgers and a nice, pubby atmosphere.

My only request would be to have better blankets: it is cold up there and the blanket on the bed was not warm enough, even with the temp at 72. The extra blanket was a bit scuzzy; perhaps it could be put in a duvet cover? Just too vellux for me to let it touch my skin. And why can't there be an ice maker on every floor? Sometimes you just don't want to take the elevator to get ice.

Overall, a good place to stay,....

Dear wandala,

Thank you for the good feedback. I want you to know that we are listening to our guests and that we hear their voices. We are looking into putting Ice Machines on all of our floors. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our indoor heated swimming pool. That is a real plus in New England. The Copper House Tavern has great food and all those flat screen T.V.'s don't hurt either.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel on business this past weekend. When I checked in, it didn't seem like the staff really knew what they were doing. I was checked into the hotel in silence as one of the supervisors was sucking on a lolly pop and talking on the phone trying to see whether or not the room was available. Not exactly the most professional atmosphere at the Front Desk and not something that I would expect.

When I got to the room, I noticed that the bathroom door never actually shut. Thankfully, I had a good rapport with the person that I was sharing the room with and didn't have to worry about losing any kind of privacy.

When entering and leaving the hotel, there was either nobody at the desk (which I thought was odd) or if they were, they did not acknowledge the guests coming and going. This could be a safety concern and shows me that they lacked a watchful eye as to who was coming and going in the hotel.

The complimentary breakfast was decent; however, the staff member that manned it during the weekend wasn't exactly pleasant. There were some kids walking around without shoes and didn't exactly handle the situation properly.

I think the one thing that saved the hotel was the restaurant that was attached. Definitely had some great food and great service. Perhaps the hotel should take into consideration some of the service tips from the restaurant.

If I had to do it all over again, I would probably end up paying a few extra bucks and stay at one of the hotels across the street.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear James H,

I want to personally apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had at the hotel. I have spoken to my Front Desk Staff and rectified the situation. It is not acceptable to me that you had an average stay. Please call or e-mail me so that I can make sure that you experience a superior guest stay in the future. Thank you for your honest assessment.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Excellent value. Fine service. Easy access to Cambridge and Boston. Hotel restaurant is lively and the food is good - draws large clientele from outside the hotel itself. so much so parking can be at a premium early in the evening.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear HappyFamily151,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel. I am completely empathetic to your feelings regarding the parking situation. We are weighing several options. Please be assured that this problem will be solved shortly. Thank you for the feedback.

Best regards,