“Visiting Family”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Waltham
East Northport, United States
“Visiting Family”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were very pleased with the location right off the highway which made it easy get to our sons home about 5 miles away. The room was kept very clean and the service very good. The management was very accommodating to our special needs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Margot F, General Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Miriam F,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad that my staff could help accommodate your special needs. My Housekeeping Staff will be very pleased to hear how happy you were with their hard work. I look forward to having you come stay with us in the future and I look forward to meeting you.

Best regards,

Waltham, MA 02451

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Affordable option and very centrally located - close to main highway route and easy to get to. Very clean, free Internet for Business travelers is HUGE!! Great restaurant and Bar located in the Lobby/Hotel makes food/drink easy. Would stay again and recommend highly. Very friendly and accommodating staff also made stay very enjoyable!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear William B,

Your review put a big smile on my face. Your enthusiasm is catching! The restaurant is great and I'm happy you liked our pool, our rooms, our location, our breakfast, our staff, our cleanliness, and our price! I look forward to your return and I would love you to stop by the Front Desk so that I can meet you and say thank you in person.

Lucedale, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The motel itself is OK. It seems a little pricey for what you get but then, everything is pricey in the Boston area. The restaurant is OK but it can get very crowded and extremely loud when every one gets off work and go in for happy hour.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Margot F, General Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Douglas F,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your honesty and I hope to see you return to the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel in the future. The restaurant is very popular and therefore very busy. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced due to the large crowd at the Copper House Tavern.

Respectfully,

Genreral Manager
Richmond, Rhode Island
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Best Western TLC because my partner was having surgery at a nearby hospital and I needed a place to stay for an undetermined number of nights. Boston-area hotels can be pretty pricey, and I ended up choosing the Best Western based on its very competitive rate and convenient location. I have not had much previous experience with the Best Western brand, and didn't really know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The hotel is attractive from the outside, with ample — and free — parking, something you won't find at many hotels in the city. Upon entering the lobby, it was clear this is a hotel catering to a business clientele, and the professionalism of the service I received during my stay bore this out. Manager Margot Fenton and her staff were very pleasant, helpful and accommodating during what was a difficult time for me.

The hotel has an indoor pool and a small fitness area, neither of which I used, but which looked clean and inviting. The adjoining Copper House Tavern is convenient and cozy, and I had a good dinner there.

My fourth-floor room was large, comfortable and immaculate. My only complaint is one that seems to dog me from hotel to hotel — the heater was a bit noisy. Other than that, the hotel was very quiet at night. In the morning, there was an ample continental breakfast served in an attractive room next to the pool.

My partner's hospital stay ended up being for only one night,; so, too, my stay at the Best Western. I hope to return sometime, when the purpose of my visit is a little happier and there is more time to explore the area. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay near Boston.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear wanderer26,

Thank you for the great feedback. I am glad that we could accommodate you and your partner during your time of need and I hope that both of you can return to the hotel and enjoy all that we have to offer. I will pass on your wonderful compliments to my staff. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Room was quiet (end of hall), clean and service at front desk was super. In a busy area just off I-95 in Waltham; Copper House Tavern is attached and was crazy busy on Thursday night so finding a parking spot was difficult - only complaint about the location. For another dining alternative, The Naked Fish is just around the corner - good food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western TLC Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Phil K,

Thank you for the positive feedback. I will pass on your great comments to the hotel staff. The staff at the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel prides itself on their cleanliness and on their guest service. I am very happy to hear that you experience a superior guest stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Convenient to Lahey Clinic and other medical centers and shopping; yet close to excitement of downtown Boston. Being on 95/128 loop it is convenient to Northern and southern New England. The service of the manager Ms. Fenton made our stay something extra.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear larryjhirsch,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for being such a loyal and valued guest. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

New York
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Although the sleeping room was modestly furnished, it was a good size and very quiet. The pool was a great addition, as was the onsite restaurant which had delicious burgers and a nice, pubby atmosphere.

My only request would be to have better blankets: it is cold up there and the blanket on the bed was not warm enough, even with the temp at 72. The extra blanket was a bit scuzzy; perhaps it could be put in a duvet cover? Just too vellux for me to let it touch my skin. And why can't there be an ice maker on every floor? Sometimes you just don't want to take the elevator to get ice.

Overall, a good place to stay,....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear wandala,

Thank you for the good feedback. I want you to know that we are listening to our guests and that we hear their voices. We are looking into putting Ice Machines on all of our floors. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our indoor heated swimming pool. That is a real plus in New England. The Copper House Tavern has great food and all those flat screen T.V.'s don't hurt either.