Best Western Plus Waltham Boston
  • Restaurant
US$158
US$150
Orbitz.com
Courtyard Boston Waltham(Waltham)(Great Value!)
US$160
All reviewscopper house taverngeneral manageryogurtbreakfast roomindoor poolpancakesvisiting familyrestaurant barbed was comfortablewould definitely stay here againa great place to stayoff the highwayroom was largeexcellent stayfree breakfastfront desk stafffree parking
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed here for now for the fifth time and have always had a pleasant stay. The rooms were very clean and well presented. The staff were very attentive however only one complimentary bottle of water was given per room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Waltham Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Island_Critic0,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. I am pleased that you are a regular guest of the BEST WESTERN TLC Hotel. I am listening to your needs and the hotel will now offer two complimentary bottles of water per room. Please stop by the desk on your next visit so that I may introduce myself and say thank you in person.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked a room and due to an issue I needed to move my stay and I also was going to extend my stay for another night. Even though it was a week before my reservation I got the old, "Due to a policy that best western has" they would not allow me to do this and I was charged for a room that I didn't even use. Best Western is not a consumer friendly business and I would stay away from them. They will never get my business again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Waltham Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Robert N,

I am sorry that you feel that way. I apologize for any inconvenience that this situation caused. Unfortunately, you booked a reservation online that was a 7 day advance purchase, non refundable reservation. Also, it was pre-paid and you booked the Best Value Rate. I called BEST WESTERN reservations and the fact is that when you make the reservation you are notified several times that this reservation is discounted and non refundable and that strict terms apply. Again, I am sorry that you feel that BEST WESTERN is not being consumer friendly. However, the rules of the Best Value Rate are clearly stated upon purchase.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The area is home to a number of tech companies with lots of people coming and going and several hotels nearby. This hotel is on the low end of the price scale for the area, good value for money, clean and comfortable but a bit worn in spots. To be fair, it is getting some updates now. The breakfast is free, but minimal. It does have one really excellent feature: The Copper Tavern, which has the areas best (only?) selection of interesting craft and imported beers on tap, and a quite good, not very expensive and tasty menu. Many of the dishes feature from-scratch, locally procured ingredients and are well-prepared. The hotel is good, but the Tavern lifts the experience a notch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear mac_the_wild_rover,

Thank you for the great review. I love honesty! The hotel is still being renovated so those "worn spots" shall go away shortly. We are renovating our lobby and front desk. There will be a little store were you can purchase food items. We are adding to our Business Center and putting in a fountain. The renovated Breakfast Room will be open shortly with a variety of hot foods, healthy choices and more items.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is our third time to stay at this facility as it is close to family. The rooms are clean & serve us well. The staff is quite helpful. There is a great restaurant connected to the facility. The breakfast is a little lame for the quality of the motel. would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dwayne T,

Thank you for the positive comments about my staff and about our cleanliness. We pride ourselves on both of those qualities. I am happy that you like us and that you continue to return. I have some good news. The new Breakfast Room will have hot items, healthier choices, and a variety of new items. Fresh fruit, danish, pancakes, hot oatmeal bacon, sausage, eggs just to name a few. We will also have a variety of tea's, juices and fresh coffee. There is much more that this hotel has to offer so I look forward to seeing you in the future. Thank you again for the great review.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A great place to stay when passing through. My 2nd time staying there. It is not to far outside Boston and the price makes it worth staying there. The hotel had been updated before my previous stay in 2011. It still looks fine. I would not stay close to the elevators as they are a little loud and could wake up children at night. I did not spend time in the area, so I do not know if there is anything to do or not.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Margot F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Waltham Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear BF61,

I appreciate your positive review. I am happy to tell you that our elevators are being upgraded later this year. We hear you and we are listening. Thank you for being such a loyal and valued guest. I think you will be happy with the future upgrades to the property. We are expanding our breakfast menu to include hot choices and fresh cut fruit. Our newly remodeled Breakfast Room will be modernized and more convenient for our guests. Please come and stay with us again and see the new look.

Best regards,