“Some high points, so mid points”

Biagio Ristorante & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Biagio Ristorante & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 190 Restaurants in Waltham
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Some high points, so mid points”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was excited to try this restaurant. The staff were very friendly when we came in and explained the menu and the specials (except the pricing on the specials). My husband and I both ordered the mixed seafood special. He got his with fra diavlo sauce and mine was with the white wine sauce. He was much happier with his than I was with mine. Mine was a bit bland, and at $32, I was a bit surprised at the price. Lesson learned, ask how much the specials are.
The wait staff was attentive, but seemed to miss on key items, like offering fresh ground pepper on the salad. I saw some do this, and others not. Offering fresh grated cheese for the pasta- had to ask.
At the end of the evening, my husband enjoyed his meal, I felt non-plused. The ambiance was nice and based on his experience, would give it another try, but would order something different.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank groupert

Falconer, New York
“Great dinner.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a wonderful dinner, and our waitress was excellent. We were se
ated within minutes, and it didn't take very long to be served. Fast service and a great dinner.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank HappyVacationer458
Durban
“Warm welcome and wonderful food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We received a warm welcome from Joey and most attentive service from our server. We enjoyed the atmosphere and our window seat table! The calamari was excellent. The off street parking was a bonus!

• Visited May 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I ate here a few days ago. We both had seafood dishes that were fresh, tasty, and flavorful. The waiter was most helpful and attentive. The dishes were a bit pricey, but were more than generous. The upstairs area where we ate was quiet and pleasant, we chose to eat there rather than the much noisier downstairs.

• Visited May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Had read the reviews and was expecting to be a bit underwhelmed but our party said they wanted to try it post- movie. It was a delightful evening-Sunday at about 7:30. We did not have reservations but it was no problem being seated promptly. Our server was excellent from start to finish. We did ask about specials and their prices, so the other couple decided to split one of them and enjoyed it very much. I had the chicken saltimbocca-delicious and enouGh for another meal the following night. We also had the chocolate dessert which was more than enough for two to split. The dining room is very comfortable which added to the experience. Any restaurant can have an off night. I'd say give this place a chance to shine because they certainly can.

• Visited April 2014