“Just so so ”
Review of Osteria Posto

Osteria Posto
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Posto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 198 Restaurants in Waltham
Price range: US$22 - US$38
Description: Our name derives from the Italian word meaning a restaurant serving wine and simple food, “osteria,” and the Italian phrase meaning to sit and relax, “posto.” This approach to heartfelt hospitality and thoughtful food characterizes our take on today’s Italian steakhouse. We serve composed Italian dishes featuring locally sourced meat and seafood, homemade pasta, small bites, and seasonal flavors.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve eaten here on past business trips and remembered the food being better. This time the service & food were subpar. I ordered the special, sea bass. It came out as an entire fish, head, eyes & all. Had I known that upon ordering, I would’ve passed. I asked to have it filet’d and it came back, skin still on and temperature was lukewarm at this point. I don’t usually send food back but couldn’t stomach it at this point. The waitress asked if I wanted something else & I declined because of the extreme amount of time it took to get our food in the first place. I have a gluten allergy so was limited on food options. My colleague got the bruschetta and said it was so so. She also ordered a wood fired pizza & it was burnt in spots (as can happen) but overall not that great. Our other colleagues sat down shortly after us and also experienced extremely long wait times for food, to the point they asked to cancel their order or take it to go.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

This is a beautiful romantic place, lights and noise subdued. Extensive wine list, great drinks, knowledgeable staff.
Food is too die for, steak or other. Nice deserts. Good Port choices. LOVE the food here. Great time always

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We attended as a group of seven, to celebrate one family member’s graduation from a local university. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was quite crowded...and it’s pretty big.

We were seated immediately, nicely honoring our reservation time, and our waiter was very nice, but then it became quite a chore to get and keep his attention at key moments. On more than one visit to our table, he would address one or two needs, but then run off before we could finish our requests. I’m sure his intent was to make sure something got done for each of his tables, but a little more continuous attention at the right times would have helped.

All of our meals were tasty, ranging from meats to pasta to fish, and everyone seemed satisfied, but I don’t recall anyone raving about their dinner.

I don’t think you’ll go wrong eating here, but there are a lot of good food options in MetroWest. This might be exactly what you’re looking for, especially if you have a large party, but wasn’t my favorite.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Mother’s Day Brunch: The food was exceptional, certainly worth the price and reputation. Unfortunately it was not matched by the level of service which simply was plagued by poorly timed firings of food and absent / overwhelmed servers. We waited a long time for the mains, that is fine on a busy day. However when two tables that were sat after our party finished their apps are served their mains, then something is amiss. Our server was not double sat, I have an eye for that; we simply fell through the cracks. The experience simply did not warrant a 60/per person average for brunch. A shame, the food was outstanding.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Parents and 2 teens for over 350 for an early Sat dinner. One steak cooked properly, the other over done. Carbonara very bland. Drink order was wrong. Desserts were wrong. Waiter was polite but had other things on the mind that night. Ambience is fantastic. I have been in hospitality around the world for 25 years and lived with numerous Italian families for six years...love good Italian food. If food was fantastic, the location and ambience would easily bring me back.