“The outside doesn't do this place justice...really good roast beef!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mimi's Roast Beef - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mimi's Roast Beef
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“The outside doesn't do this place justice...really good roast beef!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have lived in the area for 2 years, and thought that this place was closed for the longest time...the plain brick exterior with limited signage doesn't do this place justice, and to a certain extent can be a bit off-putting...when I finally went in this past weekend I was pleasantly surprised by a very clean and nice looking interior, and will definitely return! Very well done for a small place. My boyfriend and I both ordered roast beef sandwiches that ended up being delicious, and very reasonably priced. We had curly fries on the side, which were a generous portion, again, for a very reasonable price. Drinks are limited to a few select can and bottle options in a cooler, and I can see how the seating may be cramped on a busy day, but very comfortable when we were in there. It wasn't clear where the restroom was, as there were two wooden interior doors with no signage (that I could see), but one had a decorative hat on it, which ended up being the restroom, and the other apparently leads into the kitchen. There is also another exterior door, again, no signage, but it isn't an entrance or exit door, it is a locked door. I only mention this as I feel that with a little more work on the exterior cosmetics, they could be doing a much better business. The door that almost everyone sees (foot-traffic-wise), has NOTHING on it...they should at least put their business name and hours on it...a little marketing goes a long way, and they are very basic on the outside, not inviting people in to enjoy their great sandwiches! A lot of potential, they just need to find a way to pull more people in, in my opinion.

• Visited July 2014

Gilroy, California
“Get the steak bomb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

My coworker friends and I loved it here! Now I have to say that I am ashamed to admit that this place has "roast beef" in the name and yet for my first time here, I foolishly went with something else instead of trying the roast beef. I learned from a very close friend that whatever is in the restaurants name HAS to be the first thing that you try there as that is obviously their claim to fame.

However, I was pleasantly surprised that the "steak bomb" that I ordered was ginormous and drop dead delish! I had a side of hot sauce that I slathered over that puppy and then went to town! For a mere $5.75, I had an overstuffed sandwich with a bed of shaved steak topped with salami, melted provolone, sautéed onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms on a submarine roll. HEAVEN ON A BUN!!! The girl coworker friend heard what was on that sucker and jumped on the bandwagon with me and we demolished those sandwiches! Our other coworker went for the traditional cheese steak sub and we were all gorged to delightful fullness and extremely pleased with the food.

If you make it out to Waltham, MA definitely swing by here and do not let the dive interior throw you off cause this place is a HIT!

• Visited August 2012
Weston, Massachusetts
“Roatbeef is juicy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

What happens to this place it closed for about a year but now it's open thank god cause I loved there roast beef sandwich with there fries.

Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This is the first time went this place . I order Clump with onionring and fries .than i eat clump it as sand in it .than onionring not crispy . Totally i'am not happy tham food. I'm so sorry to say this

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love there roast beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This was my favorite place for a roast beef sandwich and still would be but they've been closed for months was up cant wait for them to open up again.

Visited August 2012