“Wish I had bought a box”

Hardwick Vineyard and Winery
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Ware
Phoenix, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wish I had bought a box”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My husband and I came here when visiting family in the area. We had never done a wine tasting before and I'm so glad we chose this as our first. The atmosphere is very laid back and the grounds are beautiful. The fall colors, the old buildings and the general friendliness of the staff made this a great memory for our trip. Now I’ll compare any other winery’s to the Hardwick Winery.

We also purchased some locally made cheese while there, not surprisingly it is delicious too. We purchased 3 bottles while there and I wish we’d bought more. We live across the country and they don’t ship so buy while you’re there! I’ll ask family to ship me some when we finish what we have.

Visited October 2012

Hubbardston, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Enjoy everything @ the winery and so will you!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Ive been to this winery a few times but you can't beat the views and scenery in the fall. As you pull in you might see a singer or a band in the gazebo, dogs and children playing in the lawn, or people sipping wine on the porch. The tasting counter is decent size. Never had to wait or cram in there for a spot. Around the holiday season they have decorated Christmas trees and sometimes homemade cookies to enjoy during your tasting. If u find a bottle you would like to have more of, they uncork it for you and offer several areas to sit and relax. My friends and I enjoy the loft area that has a few sofas and chairs. They have local cheeses to purchase-and even have plates/napkins/knives for to borrow so you really can go there without planning a thing. The winery is a family business and you can tell. I've always been impressed with the amount of attention and service. They genuinely want you to have fun, relax and enjoy their property and i always have! Take a drive and see what i mean. You wont be disappointed.

Ludlow, Ma
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“A Nice Little Winery That's A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The winery actually has two locations. The original/main winery and vinyard is in Hardwick, near the Quabbin Reservoir. The other, mainly a shop with a smaller vineyard, is on Route 9 in Amherst near the Belchertown line (formerly "The Rusty Scupper" resaturant). They offer a great assortment of flavorful, locally made wines. Both locations have an awesome and knowledgeable staff.

Visited May 2012
Agawam, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Winery for REAL people...”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My husband and I love this winery and have been twice in the past year. You know the wineries that the movie Sideways picks on? With the silly fountains, t-shirt shop, bus-filled parking lot and tourist rat trap feel? Thank goodness; this ain't it! It's just a down-to-earth, off the beaten path winery that concentrates on what is important... the wine! They use local resources as much as possible and all of their wines are crisp and refreshing. There was not one wine we didn't like. I highly recommend their cranberry wine; great for Thanksgiving!

Live jazz and delicious sangria on Sundays. The winery has a rustic feel and a simple deck with beautiful mountain views and tables made from oak barrels. Cheese and crackers are available for purchase at a very reasonable price and the tastings are only $5. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. On the site is a Federal-style mansion which is a B&B with 3 available rooms. The site is also available for weddings and formal events. They are starting to sell their wines at more and more Massachusetts liquor stores, so if you can't get to the winery check their list for stores local to you. Information and social calendar is available on their website.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Kikisette
MA
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Good wine in a scenic, country locale - with views to die for!”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Check their website for days and times as this vineyard has seasonal closings and shorter hours late in the year.

Went for the wine tasting to stock up for the holidays. This is a local winery and vineyard. In addition to their own grapes they use products from other locally owned farms, such as local cranberries in some of the wines. The wine tasting was only $5 and consisted of five different wines, plus you get to keep the wine glass with logo.
The representative we had was quite informed on the varied wine flavorings and the local sources of the fruits used.
They also had some local cheeses in their store.

Historic old building and main house from the 1700's adds charm. This is also a B&B, but I believe they do have tours of the original building/house during certain parts of the year.
It is also a locale for weddings and other events.

The view from the main building is gorgeous and looks out at fields and distant forest. I imagine in October during fall foliage season that it is just spectacular.

The location is definitely off the beaten path! so some good directions are a must. It wasn't hard to find, as we traveled in from Rte 9 in Ware, MA as a start point, but definitely some winding back roads here.

We took a different route out, being familiar with the area ourselves, but if you are not local, it won't be hard to get lost without directions.

There seems to be a resident donkey on the premises, who is quite friendly and likes attention.

Visited December 2011