“Great Place to Make Friend`s”

Hardwick Vineyard and Winery
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Ware
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The Hardwick Vineyard is for any one. They do a lot with family fun, like having there pancake brunch, Father`s Day tractor shows, and much more. Also the first Sunday of the month, they have blue`s, or jazz music LIVE.... My husband and I have been going for quite a few years now. It`s close to where we live. We have made good friends with the owner and his family, they are just great to hang out and talk with. Very relaxing and you can buy cheese from local farm`s, and crackers. Enjoy the out side picnic tables or bring your own chairs, what ever you want to do. They have live animals and swings for the kids. So you are not having to leave them behind, every one is welcome.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

My wife and I took a ride here on a Saturday in April and had a great time. The staff was awesome and we enjoyed some wine while listening to live music they had playing. The post and beam construction of the building was impressive to see and the landscape/animals make you feel like you've truly gotten away.

1  Thank Andrew Z
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Great little place to visit. Their wine is excellent and the setting is perfect! We've been to the winery a couple of times, and most recently went for their Maple breakfast! It was a great family event. We will continue to be regulars - as the winery offers various events throughout the year - and entertainment as well. I've also booked the winery for my future daughter-in-law's bridal shower! Staff is also very friendly and accommodating. A great little gem in this area of Massachusetts!!

2  Thank needstorelax
Reviewed 13 November 2012

After watching "Chronicle" feature Hardwick, a friend and I drove out to visit the winery, 32 bakery and Robinson's Dairy Farm.
The winery is absolutely beautiful, definitely off the beaten path which made it even more special. There is a donkey "Dora" and ducks roaming around, a children's area (which surprised me, guess I would prefer to visit winerys that don't encourage children ha ha) and beautiful benches etc...
For $5 they offer tastings, all wines they make and a cute take home glass. As for the wines, I liked about half I tried. The whites were "okay", Cranberry was "good", Red was EXTREMELY dry and dessert wine very sweet.
The staff are awesome, super friendly and I really enjoyed the visit and would recommend going there.
Check the website for special dates ie; jazz on the porch etc....

1  Thank reese1
Reviewed 29 October 2012

They have done a great job in restoring the farm and the wines they produce there shows just how much they do care about it. The location is very nice, especially during the fall foliage season. The tasting area is a descent size, considering the foot traffic I've seen there the few times I have stopped and made purchases. The several varieties they serve up, never disappoint. Two of our favorites are the Yankee Girl Blush and the Yankee Boy White, but judge for yourself. After your tasting, enjoy a glass while sitting out at their gazebo, enjoying the scenery or if the weather is intolerable, just sit in the loft area with some of the local cheeses they have for purchase. This is a well run facility and I do enjoy coming back when in the area. There is a nominal tasting fee, unless you were lucky enough to receive one of their corks for a free tasting or made a purchase at their other wonderful vineyard the Amherst Farm Winery.