“Restaurant in Natick is better”
Review of Aegean Restaurant - CLOSED

Aegean Restaurant
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Boston, MA
“Restaurant in Natick is better”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Went to Aegean over the weekend. The souvlaki was tasty, but the meat was fatty and stringy. I was somewhat surprised, because this is a great place. And I've always enjoyed this dish at the same restaurant out near Natick.
Hope that it's better next time.

Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Use to be so good!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

So disappointed. My husband and I use to go here at least 3 times a month. Food use to be so good. My husband use to get the rack of lamb and was reasonably price and so good. The last few time we went the quality of food and especially the lamb went down hill. So sad because that was a place we use to go to all the time. And bartenders we always so friendly and that too they couldn't keep them. Turn over was high. First sign of trouble when you lose your staff....

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Ekes out four stars - barely”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have being going to the Aegean for over decade. It's become a bit pricey and the decor is being a bit long in the tooth, but it still delivers a decent meal. Service is spotty. No kids menu.

Then why the four stars? Three is defined as average which to me means average is your typical chain restaurant food. It's definitely much better than that.

The wine pours are generous and they can accommodate a large group. Opa!

• Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't waste your $$$”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My friend & I were very disappointed with the food. The prices where outrageous for Greek food. Our waitress wasnt Greek & didn't know the menu. I've had better kebabs from a street vendor in downtown Boston and New York. Your better off going to the Sports BAr across the street for a Burger & fries! We spent $80 on a check that shouldnt have been more than $40 at any other Greek Restaurant. Don't waste your $$ like we did.

• Visited April 2013
Belmont, MA
“Terrific Greek food in a stylish, low-key setting”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My family plus my in-laws went to the Aegean Restaurant last Saurday evening (5/18/13) to celebrate my wife's birthday. It is one of her (and our) favorite local restaurants. It is located in Watertown, MA, not far from two malls, but don't let the location fool you, this is a very fine place and one of the nicest Greek restaurants in the greater Boston area. The decor is wat I might call "low-key elegant", meaning it is not formal or stuffy yet it's quite stylish and contemporary. While waiting for our appetizer to arrive, we had home-baked bread and pita dipped in spicy olive oil, which was wonderful. Our party then shared a large mixed appetizer with dolmata (stuffed grape leaves), Greek sausage, kalamata olives, hummus, pita and tomatoes, all of which were fresh and authentic. I had the baked stuffed sole, stuffed with a tasty crabmeat stuffing that was not overly bread-y, and the flavors of the sole and the crab remained distinct and worked very well together. Others in our party had broiled salmon over Greek salad, which they pronounced delicious, moist and firm, perfectly done. One person had trout which he declared very good, flaky and moist, adding "This trout is perfectly done!" My daughter had chicken cutlets which she said were excellent. In addition, we all noted how large the portions were, and virtually everybody took part of their meal home. None of us could handle dessert, so I didn't get to try any of them, Maybe next time. The service was friendly, accurate, and attentive but not intrusive. I would highly recommend the Aegean to anyone around Boston looking for seafood or for a delicious, authentic Greek meal and a very pleaant dining experience.

• Visited May 2013