“A local jewel”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stopped by on way to Boston with grandchildren. Very good breakfast, good service and reasonable prices. What more could you ask of a breakfast place?

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My 2 daughters attend university in Cambridge, and always request that we take them to 11 North Beacon for breakfast. Lisa is great, the specials are awesome, the "ambiance" is upscale diner! In the warmer weather there is an outside patio open for dining. We've never had lunch or brunch, but those diners looked pretty happy as well.
We'll be eating there again later this week!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were here for lunch after a 4yr old's recital. Staff are very friendly and accommodating, we had a baby with us as well and they found a table that would fit us all in comfortably. The food here is delicious and large servings. Everything is prepared fresh and arrives in good time. We've had omelettes, sandwiches and pancakes and they are all really amazing. Plenty of coffee refills as well. Staff are very good with the children and very chatty. We also had brunch here which is just as good. We really enjoy coming here when visiting our friends in Watertown, this is their local go to place.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This is such a great place! Friendly, clean, great choices and specials. I love the homemade baked goods made by Lisa and my favorite breakfast is the Eggs Benedict and lunch is the BLT with their homemade chips! I also love the fresh fruit option to all meals!!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

It was noon. My newly independent daughter and I were looking for a breakfast place. She wanted breakfast. I wanted lunch. She lives in Oak Square, Brighton. It was a lovely Sunday -- so we knew we were likely to face a wait wherever we went. She picked a place I had not heard of -- this place, The Diner at 11 North Beacon. I said sure. We drove the 8 minutes or so from her apartment. I laughed when I saw it. It was in the same spot as one of my favorite diners -- Talk of the Town -- in Watertown Square. That place and I went way back -- great food, reasonable prices, absurdly large portions. There was a wait -- but with just two of us, and with us willing to sit at the counter -- it was only about 10 minutes. (Booths took another 10-15 minutes to seat).
The staff were alert, hardworking, prompt, friendly, and helpful. Just what you want when you're hungry. The food was first rate. My daughter had scrambled eggs with pancakes and coffee. I had a Cuban Sandwich with potato salad. Hers was "great" and huge - with coffee regularly refilled. My Cuban Sandwich was terrific -- thick slices of ham, ample cheese, excellent pickles. The potato salad was good. And the size of each was almost embarrassingly large. We left full, happy, and smiling.
Thank you owners for keeping everything that I liked about the place -- without adding anything I don't like (except maybe the popularity that causes a wait for a table).