“Great food and prices!”

Greg's Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 111 Restaurants in Watertown
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

So if your looking for an elegant Italian restaurant then this is not your place, but if you are looking for a good meal, friendly staff and decent prices then you'll love it here. The chicken parm is delicious and I love the chicken Marsala. Salmon is the big favorite for my husband, and my son loves the toasted raviolis! The food is consistent and you can't beat the early bird specials!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Excellent family eatery! If you want ambience, this is not the place. If you want great food and good service for a decent price...Greg's is it! Love their lunches and dinners! Never had a bad meal or service in 12 years!

1  Thank mahk f
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Hole in the wall, family run, hidden gem! I used to go every Saturday evening with my family growing up, for the early bird special (arrive and seated before 4pm). Cheese and crackers/ bread and butter pre-meal are offered with free refills. Salad and dessert comes with every meal. Meals are great portions. Homemade sauce and feels like you're eating mom&dad's sauce on a Sunday morning. The Chicken parm was a personal favorite. Bottomless coffee is good too. The have a separate bar section with booths and a dining room. Staff is friendly and always checking in on you. It's a must try!

2  Thank Mbotaish
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Don't let the looks fool you! This restaurant has been here for many years, and the decor and building does kind of give that away, but it has nothing to do with how good this place is. The few people who gave only two stars either caught them on an unusually bad day, or are being exceptionally nitpicky. I've NEVER experienced two star service or food at Greg's.

I've been here a number of times over the years and have always had great service with wonderful food, topped with a price that won't burn a hole in your debit card!

First, the waitresses are all very pleasant sweethearts, and are thoroughly knowledgeable about the menu and bar items. The food arrives, and you'd swear that your mom cooked it for you, especially if your mom happens to be Italian! Portions are generous, and you'll likely be bringing some home with you.

The decor could use some upgrading, and the carpeting is obviously well past its prime, but don't let that deter you from a great meal, with fabulous service and keep 'em on coming prices!

I think the bar area has a TV, but I couldn't swear to it. Parking is available in the lot right next door, and there is some on-street parking if the lot happens to be full.

Now I've got to do something I've never done before. Since my office is only a couple of miles away, I must drop in here for lunch sometime soon. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Campbell's soup no longer has the lock on the phrase "mmm good!"

2  Thank DFM_58
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Three of us arrived about 5:30 and were pleased to find an extensive menu available on their Early Bird special. The waitress came over - very hurried (though there weren't a lot of people at that point) but friendly and took our orders. She brought out two soups and one salad for my husband. They serve the dressing on the side in an open little cup that was balanced on the edge of the salad plate. You guessed it...she put the plate down and the dressing DRENCHED my husband's clothes...brand new vest, cotton sweater, t-shirt and pants.
Accidents happen...HOWEVER, the woman didn't even apologize but looked at him waiting for his reaction. She tried to wipe off his clothes with a napkin and then realized that this wasn't going to work got some wet cloths from the back. She finally said "Sorry" and kept assuring us that "it would come out in the wash". she never got a manager and, in fact, said that she was happy my husband took it so well because "The others get really mad" WHAT??? she does this often? Perhaps they need to invest in COVERS for the little plastic cups or just dress the salad themselves.
Anyway, the dinner came and the food was delicious (chicken parm and prime rib) and then she asked about dessert and coffee. I told her no to the coffee but would get the pudding that came with the meal. She brought out coffee for all of us...with spoons sticking out of them. I told her I didn't need it but I did need a spoon for the pudding. She pulled the spoon out of the coffee for me to use in the dessert!!! She then realized her error and decided to get me a clean spoon. Ok...not pleasant but not horrible....then came the bill...the FULL bill...nothing for the ruined clothing she caused.
When I took her aside and asked if she could do something, she said "I didn't MEAN to spill it." OK...then she said she'd wrap up a piece of chocolate cake for him (he's diabetic). Then she said she'd give me a couple of dollars off the meal, then $5 then she said to me "just subtract $10 from the bill". I was supposed to do that?
I understand that things happen...I do not typically complain but this just continued to be incompetence and insulting. And NO...the Italian Dressing stains did NOT come out of any of the clothing...they are completely ruined.

2  Thank debbmm