“Wonderful Weekend”

High Pointe Inn
Watertown, CT
“Wonderful Weekend”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Recently my wife and I spent a weekend on the Cape. We stayed at the Highpointe Inn and every minute of our stay was thoroughly enjoyable. Rich and Debbie the Inn Keepers were attentive to our needs but not intrusive. Recommendations for restaurants or sightseeing were top notch. Breakfast was a treat, especially for me. I had advised on making our reservations that I had Celiac Disease and had to eat Gluten Free, much to my surprise and enjoyment there was always a GF choice for me. For that and many other reasons we will be returning to the Highpointe Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My wife and I took our first trip to Cape Cod to celebrate our ten year anniversary. We decided to try out a Bed and Breakfast for the first time as well. Our previous vacations have mostly been to all-inclusive Caribbean locations. I'm so glad we decided to spend it in Cape Cod and that we stayed at the High Pointe Inn.

The Innkeepers are awesome people. They truly are detail-oriented and care a great deal about your stay. They have assembled a well-thought and accurate description of the area's activities and have mated it up with a map. All of the recommendations they made to us, including dining, were spot on and we had a great time.

The room (Sea Dream) we stayed in was excellent. It was larger than we had expected. Most importantly for us, it was impeccably clean. We have a tempurpedic at home and were concerned to sleep on something else but we both slept like babies. That's easy to do when you get to wake up to a breakfast that my wife said alone would have been worth the trip.

Everything at the Inn smells good, everywhere you go. But, nothing smells as good as the breakfast. Rich introduced us to what I will forever think of as "popover paradise." And, that was just the introduction to the breakfast. The coffee was also great. I can't emphasize the breakfast enough. It was SERIOUSLY tasty.

We hope to go back sooner rather than later. We also really loved the area of the Cape where the Inn is located. It was not commercialized at all and yet was within a short drive of anything that you would want to do that the Cape has to offer. We really had a great time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LGCorder
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I took my wife here on a surprise trip on her birthday. Booked the sand dollar room. We both absolutely loved it. The room is very large and tastefully decorated. Very comfortable bed, a writing desk, and a lovely fireplace. It also has a small fridge, which we found helpful to store leftovers from dinner etc. The innkeepers were warm and welcoming, though a little aloof -- perhaps to give us a sense of privacy. The breakfast was exceptional -- hot biscuits with delicious homemade jams; a variety of sweet and savory options on the menu, plus a daily special . The morning we were there the specials were Ebelskivers -- Danish puff pancakes, which honestly tasted much better than the ones I had in Amsterdam! All in all I highly recommend the place and hope to return someday.

Room Tip: I recommend the Sand Dollar room
Yarmouth, ME
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I usually try to be fairly even handed when I write reviews, but I simply have to gush about the High Pointe Inn. There is not one single detail that they've missed here. Debbie and Rich have thought of every guest comfort and then provided it, right down to the little sewing kits found in the rooms in case you lose a buttom (yup - various buttons of all sizes in the kit!) or need to make a repair.

I love the clean, "ocean cottage" feel to the decor. Everywhere I looked there was something reminding me of the nautical heritage of Cape Cod here. Seashell nightlights and soaps, ships models, coastal magazines and so much more - all presented tastefully and in a totally uncluttered way. Plus, there's kind of a Zen feel here, with small Asian touches like sand trays and artwork that have a nice calming effect.

Debbie and Rich are the consumate hosts too. Breakfast is fabulous and presented "your way" with lots of options from a large menu. I loved that we had a choice and they were willing to accommodate my "breakfast minimalist" request. They even have a collection of reading glasses of various magnifications in case you forget to bring yours to the dining room at breakfast - how's that for thinking of everything??

Two living rooms offer lots of common space, with views well out to the ocean beyond. There's a guest computer and printer which is convenient, and a well stocked cabinet of Apperitifs for after dinner (or before, I guess!) - a very nice touch.

The location makes them central to everything on the Cape too. I stayed while visiting a conference, and it was a short 10 minute drive to Hyannis. I just wish I'd had more time to stay and enjoy this fabulous B&B. Be sure to book an extra day - you'll want it!

Room Tip: If you're looking for lots of room and a private entrance, the Suite is a great option. Every ro...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Rockland
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Murphy's - Rockland, Ma
We happened on the High Pointe through a web search and glad we did.
Spent a terrific weekend away to recharge the batteries. A great place to do just that.
The decorations and attention to detail comes through in every facet of the Inn.
A great breakfast with a daily surprise starter makes a great day starter.
A great location right off of route 6A provides easy access to anywhere on the Cape for day trips.
If not just relax on the large deck or large living rooms.
Some of the best raisan cookies I've had for an afternoon snack.
Would love to make another visit soon. Thank you Debbie and Rich.

Room Tip: We had the "Sand Dollar" room located right on the 1st floor w/ direct access to the deck...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
InnloverCapeCod, Owner at High Pointe Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
We had such fun trading stories with Jim and Edie over breakfast. Thank you for your kind words. We love what we do and we hope it shows. Come back soon and stay well.

Debbie and Rich, Owners of the High Pointe Inn on Cape Cod
New York State
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Everything written about Deb and Rich and the High Point Inn are right are target. We have stayed with them often, not only on the Cape but at their former inn in New Hampshire. We were thrilled when they relocated because of our love of Cape Cod.
The inn is beautifully decorated, Deb has a great eye for details, and breakfasts are so special, thank you Rich. Not going to repeat what has been said before us but having had the opportunity to stayed at B&Bs all over Cape Cod over the past 25 years, many of which are wonderful, High Point Inn is the best on the Cape.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
InnloverCapeCod, Owner at High Pointe Inn, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We do our best to insure that all our guests have a wonderful experience at our Inn and on Cape Cod.
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We visited in the off-season in November. This B & B is located in a residential area of W Barnstable right off of Rt 6A near the Town of Sandwich town line. Rt 6A is the old Stagecoach Route dating back to the 1600's (Old King's Highway). High Pointe is near Sandy Neck Beach one of the few on the Cape with Dunes. We stayed in the Treetop Suite which had its own separate entrance and gas fireplace which we enjoyed. The suite is comprised of two large rooms and a bath. The bedroom was quite large with king size bed (very comfortable) and had a large walk-in closet. The bath had double sinks and a tub shower combination with sliding glass doors. The sitting room was large with its own dining room table looking out a picture window with the sea in the distance. Both rooms had cathedral ceilings. Also off the sitting room is a long deck which is accessed through a door in the back of the room. Given the time of year we didn't use it but it would be a really nice place to relax in the warm Spring and Summer.
Debbie and Rich are great hosts, knowledgeable about the area and activities available, and most important, Rich makes great breakfasts. What is nice is that guests have a breakfast menu from which to choose and there is always a daily breakfast special. It is not "one meal for all" which one usually encounters at B & Bs. There is also coffee and tea available throughout the day and whatever cookies Rich has decided to bake. We can't say enough about our stay at the High Pointe. It was a nice respite after a long day of traveling and sightseeing and would surely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
Dan'l Webster Inn & Spa
#1 of 8 in Sandwich
The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn

Been to High Pointe Inn? Share your experiences!