We stayed at the Honeysuckle Hill Inn from June 6 to June 8. As we arrived by bus to Barnstable, we found out that there was no possibility to take a taxi from the bus station. Fortunately, our bus driver called the Inn Keeper and asked him to pick us up. We were embarrassed, but Freddy kindly came and made us feel at ease right away.
The Inn is a very nice old house and the garden is just beautiful. You can drink as much as you want, ranging from wine & liquors to sodas. Everywhere you find little nuts, chocolates…to eat. There are plenty of books, guides you can borrow during your stay. Freddy lent us two bikes and we biked back and forth in this magnificent area.
Even in a five star hotel, you would never get such an incredible breakfast. Freddy is really a “cordon bleu”. You start with freshly baked cakes or muffins (still hot when Freddy serves them) on the porch – just delicious. You move then to the dining room, where the “Festival” goes on for another three course breakfast, where everything is just perfect. Even if Freddy is occupied with cooking, he always finds time to make little jokes and comments in between courses.
Freddy, Ruth and Roberta made us feel at home and their kindness and hospitality went far beyond what we have ever experienced.
Thank you for taking care of us so well.
Claudine and Serge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enchanting Cape Cod seaside Inn, circa 1810. Beautiful gardens, romantic setting where you will enjoy comfort and relaxation, unforgettable gourmet breakfasts, delightful guestrooms and gracious New England hospitality near beach, island ferries, fine restaurants, whale watches, antique shops, museums and all Cape Cod attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Honeysuckle Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honeysuckle Hill Hotel West Barnstable
- Honeysuckle Hill West Barnstable, MA - Cape Cod