“Casual Elegance @ its Best!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Honeysuckle Hill

and 1 more site!
Honeysuckle Hill
Avon by the Sea, New Jersey
“Casual Elegance @ its Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

Just minutes from Sandy Neck Beach where the sunsets are magnificient is where you'll find this gem. We recommend the Wisteria room with its private entrance and spacious blue & white decor. But the true jewel is the host with his 4 course breakfasts that start with a casual cup of coffee and freshly baked treat on the porch, and ends with a sweet treat! And if you've scheduled an excursion that takes you away from this meal, they kindly pack you a breakfast to go! Thank you, Freddy, Ruth & Roberta for an unforgettable stay!

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

Honeysuckle Hill is a wonderful retreat on Cape Cod. The innkeepers, Freddy, Ruth, and Roberta, are gracious and extremely welcoming, the place is immaculate and beautifully cared for and decorated, and the food is outstanding. Freddy serves a delicious 4-course breakfast that is out of this world - fresh scones, fresh fruit, the main "entree", then some type of "dessert" - in our case, a delectable apple blossom one of the mornings. Whatever your plans during your stay, do NOT miss breakfast!

We also noticed the attention to detail - in every single nook and cranny and in every way to make our stay more comfortable...

Food and drink is plentiful and generously well stocked. For our day excursions, we were able to use the beach towels and chairs - they came in very handy.

If we came back to Cape Cod, we would stay here again without hesitation. Besides being genuinely nice people, the innkeepers (Freddy, Ruth, and Roberta) are perfect in their host roles. There's no question they love what they do and it shows. Bravo!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

Honeysuckle Hill is the epitome of what a B&B ought to be (i.e. it was perfect in every way)! Freddy, Ruth and Roberta were very accommodating, attending to everything we needed and/or asked for. The fresh baked scones and muffins made waking up early that much easier. We enjoyed great conversation over coffee and tea with the other guests and then made our way into the dining room for delicious meals each morning (multiple courses too!). We stayed here for a little over a week (for our wedding and honeymoon) and there was never any breakfast we did not enjoy! However, Freddy's "Cape Cod Shipwreck" had to be the most memorable breakfast! His entertaining presentation still makes us laugh to this day.

The hospitality at Honeysuckle Hill cannot be beat. On one of our nights there we had the opportunity to indulge in wine and various cheeses while conversing with Freddy and Ruth. They are so friendly, down-to-earth, entertaining, and are full of great stories. We personally enjoyed the story of Gus' immigration to the U.S. My wife and I were missing our pup (who stayed back home) so Freddy brought out Gus and Harry for us to meet and they were wonderful! However, if you are not dog lovers, you would never know Gus and Harry were on the property (i.e. we never heard barking, etc. and they are not allowed in the B&B guest quarters).

The B&B is not just for couples either. The young and the old, families and single travelers can most certainly enjoy Honeysuckle Hill. Also, there are always drinks available (from soda to wine and liquor). Lounging in the screened in porch is lovely any time of day. If you plan on traveling to the beach, the B&B also provides beach chairs, etc. free of charge.

Words cannot express how much we enjoyed our stay. We honestly cannot think of any complaints/negatives/downfalls of staying at Honeysuckle Hill. As we said before, it was PERFECT in EVERY WAY!

Thank you Freddy, Ruth and Roberta!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Vernon, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

Where do I begin to explain how fantastic this B&B was in every way! My husband and I chose this B&B to stay at for our 1 year anniversary and we are so glad that we found such a quaint and beautiful place to stay! From the second we arrived everything was 5*. For our anniversary, my husband had arranged to have champagne, chocolates and fresh flowers waiting for us in the room. We stayed in the Wisteria room, which was so nice and secluded...we even had our own entrance. Also, the jacuzzi tub was nice and relaxing and had a beautiful view overlooking the immaculate gardens. Every morning we enjoyed a 4 course breakfast that had the most amazing food I have ever eaten at a B&B!!! Our first course was warm scones and muffins on the beautiful screened in patio (they have a heat lamp for the winter time if you want to spend some time outside with out being cold), followed by 3 more courses served in the formal dining room. The presentation of the food was almost as good as the food itself! My husband and I also enjoyed having a glass of wine (complimentary wine, beers and sodas available at all times) at dusk out in the beautifully appointed gardens. So romantic! The innkeepers are so personable and anything you need or have questions about - they go above and beyond! From restaurant recommendations to beach recommendations they went the extra mile for us. They have two friendly dogs - a lab named Harry and a golden retriever named Gus, who live in the owners quarters, so I definitely recommend asking them to see the dogs because my husband and I had a blast playing fetch with them in the gardens. All in all, by far the nicest, most romantic B&B we have ever stayed at. If you are looking for peace and quiet on the cape in the heart of the cape's tourist season, then this is the place for you! 5 stars all the way!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

I have a special needs daughter, Chelsey, who has been attending the RIverview School in Sandwich, MA for the past 8 years. We have been staying at the Honeysuckle Hill Inn from the beginning - 3-4 trips per year, for the past 8 years with Chelsey and our 11 year old daughter, Katie. Freddie has gone out of his way to make our stays extraordinarily special. For Chelsey's graduation he bought a cake and Champagne and celebrated not only with us, but invited our extended family to join us. He also had a little party for my husband's birthday. My daughter, Katie, wakes up early and joins Freddie in the kitchen (usually in her pajamas!) and helps him make breakfast (and has been doing this since she was 5)!

The bottom line is, he has treated us like family from the very beginning. He is kind and generous to a fault -he has even donated to the Riverview School offering a weekend package for their fund raiser.

I grew up staying at Inn's on the Cape and I have never stayed at an Inn that treated me as well as Freddie and the Honeysuckle Hill. He has complimentary cocktails and snacks, his breakfast is to die for and it is always clean.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

We were ready to book a suite with what looks like a lovely bed and breakfast. We told the owner that we had an extra person traveling with my older daughter - which made us a family of 5. The owner told us he could accommodate us in their Honey Suckle suite. When I mentioned my daughter has a medical service animal, he told us he would not accommodate. After I told him that was a violation of federal law (ADA) and was discrimination of my daughter's civil rights, he told us that the suite wouldn't accommodate 5.

Beware, if he is discriminatory based on handicap, maybe he discriminates routinely.
This was a very negative experience and in my opinion a basically dishonorable person.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
CapeCodHoney, Owner at Honeysuckle Hill, responded to this review, 25 July 2010
This review regarding discrimination is a malicious, purposeful misinterpretation.

Firstly, I wish to make note of the fact that we have had many children with disabilities stay at our B&B, to which parents from the nearby Riverview School, which provides a caring community for adolescents with complex social, language, learning and cognitive disabilities, will attest. Furthermore, we extend a discount to these children and their families. We certainly do not discriminate against persons with disabilities. We have supported many of Riverview School’s activities and donated stays at our Inn for their parents and children. We have had a longstanding positive involvement with them and are very proud to have this excellent school in our community. Moreover, we are happy to count a number of these families as our personal friends.

When the writer of this review phoned, she asked if we could accommodate her husband, her, their handicapped daughter and the daughter’s girlfriend. I explained that, yes, we could accommodate them in our Honeysuckle Suite. She then said there was another handicapped daughter who would share the parents’ bed, bringing the total in the suite to 5 persons. As I was beginning to explain that the suite only accommodates 4 by law, she also added that there is a service dog. Before I had a chance to re-state that the suite has only 1 double bed and 1 queen size bed and that, by law, we can only accommodate 4 people, she went into a furious tirade about discrimination, saying it is against the law to discriminate against handicapped persons and that she was going to report me. I tried to make her understand that we could not fit 5 persons plus a dog into a suite that, by law, only allows 4, but she wouldn’t listen to any of my explanations.

Also, we would be happy to allow a service dog into the Inn. My wife and I are long time dog lovers and currently have two dogs of our own who, although not allowed into the Inn due to the fact that some guests have allergies or phobias, are part of our family. If a service dog is scheduled to stay at the Inn, we would simply advise others who have reserved for the same time period in case they need to change their plans due to allergies/phobias.

I take personal offense at this malicious accusation and I consider it to be libel against my character.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

From the moment we arrived Fredy made it special for our 25 anniversary. Everything exceeded expectation: the room\, the gardens, the amenities, the warm host. The long, lazy Royal breakfast was divine, all four courses. Being a wheat free vegetarian, he catered to my needs with a delicious flour free chocolate cake. The location was perfect, close to the beach, galleries and quaint antique shops. What a way to celebrate 25 years of marriage. I wished we could have stayed longer but we will return soon.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Liberty Hill Inn
Liberty Hill Inn
#1 of 8 in Yarmouth Port
Isaiah Jones Homestead Bed & Breakfast

Been to Honeysuckle Hill? Share your experiences!