“Clean and Friendly”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Brookfield
Copper Lantern Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Brookfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The rooms were very clean and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The river runs behind the lodge and can launch your kayak right from behind the lodge . Beautiful!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank purebliss1
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you to all of the members of your club, and to you for having taken the time to write us a review! Next time my dad shows off his motorcycle, I'll keep you company at the picnic table.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The Cooper Lantern is a small motel in a very pleasant New England town, and last night was my second visit. I rate this motel with 5 stars because for a motel in its class, it deserves 5 stars. The quality of other motels I have stayed in similar to the Copper Lantern were FAR from the standards of this one. I'm not sure I've ever seen a CLEANER bathroom in a motel - it was spotless! In fact, the cleanliness of the whole room is impressive. I'm very fussy about sheets too, if they look or feel old, I won't sleep on them, so that's usually the first thing I check. The sheets in my room at the Copper Lantern were snow white and crisp. I LOVE the back door that opens up to the grassy area and the view of the lake! Also, I can't complete this review without mentioning the hospitality. Jessica was extremely welcoming, and when I accidentally set off the fire alarm in my room late at night, she came to my room and quietly took care of it, and was only concerned that I was safe. I was embarrassed and appreciated how gracious she was to me. I write for a motorcycle magazine (New York Rider Magazine) and have and will continue to recommend the Copper Lantern to any bikers (or anyone else I know) who like to travel to that area of Massachusetts. Well worth the trip and a night at the Copper Lantern!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank LisaPetro
I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us again! I still have a copy of the article you wrote about our business years ago -- you can see it posted on the wall near the menu rack in the office, with our other "love letters". Thank you again!
Michigan
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Seriously....clean, private, safe, close to major routes, friendly staff. No,this is not a luxury inn but you are not paying luxury prices either. Relax, kick back, enjoy. This is rural New England. We find it a relaxing spot when we come to visit relatives; near by but not "in their hair." We like that we get to fix our own coffee and breakfast and aren't required to dress and make small talk with strangers. Enjoy this property for what it is and you'll be more than satisfied.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank FamilyTravellerMI
Boston
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I echo all the nice comments here. Staff were friendly and professional, and quick to help when help was requested (an extra TP roll was provided instantly). Lots of well-tended natural space for our dog to enjoy -- a meadow and river, where people were also fishing. We enjoyed a lovely, clean, peaceful, and quiet stay. Loved it, and will return!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank keppele
Monson, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I loved my stay there was so relaxing . full cable and internet , stove refige clean .. room was fresh smeling anc cozzzy would definitly come back again thanks

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank barron004
York, NY
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Most of the earlier reviews here are several years old. The Inn seems to have gone downhill a bit since then. Stayed one night during a family visit. The gal at the desk was wonderful, I think she is either the owner or Mgr., very pleasant. The Inn's outside appearance is pretty shopworn. The room was reasonably clean, with a good mattress and the shower had good pressure. (Typical NE hard water, but it comes with the region). The internet wouldn't allow me to connect, and the gal there had no idea how it worked (I think I needed a password to gain access, she didn't know.)

However, the place seems to be geared towards short term residences like contractors or other somewhat transient folks, and that does affect the overall feel for lodging. The adjacent rooms were occupied by a couple of construction company van loads of single guys who were apparently working in the region, and they spent a good deal of the late evening talking loudly over a beer or two about all sorts of things that I wouldn't really want to hear if there were kids in the room with me. (They also were up and at it around 6AM, with slamming doors, running showers, flushing toilets, and trucks warming up- hey, they have to work, I don't begrudge them that) Around 10PM, I had finally shut them out enough to get to sleep, when I was awakened by a lot of noise, to the point where I actually looked outside to see if it was some sort of Mercy Flight Helicopter landing in the parking lot. Nothing there, but as I gained consciousness I realized that someone's laundry was in the spin cycle on the other side of my wall, literally shaking the desk and TV table. Not really conducive to good sleep. When I left the next morning, the office is apparently unmanned until after 9AM, so there was no one to complian to. I left a short and unhappy note with the key and dropped it in the locked office door.
Today, I received a letter from the manager with a full refund ($64) of my night's stay. Turns out it was the Mgr. doing laundry. Yes, this is great service without a doubt, from someone pretty honorable. A few suggestions: If the Inn has any long term contractor or transient types, maybe keep them in a seperate area ( the place has a couple of wings so it could work), or keep a few rooms off to one side for travellers, especially those with kids or couples, so they won't be stepping on each other's toes. Yes, these guys need a place to stay and in this day and age, any occupancy is good, but don't forsake the travellers. Rent room #8 as a last resort when laundry needs to be done, or schedule it during the day.
Bottom Line, I would recommend this with some reservations, in that it is a fairly cheap place, and isn't by any means a "hot sheet no-tell motel". Just request a room that might be away from the crowd. Cleanliness is acceptable, beds are great, shower is great, it is just an older motor lodge that needs some sprucing up. If You want more modern, family friendly quarters, The Sturbridge area has it at slightly more money. But if you need a place to stay that is cheap, it'll do fine, and the folks that run it are great people. I'd love to see them get a little taste of the "economic stimulus" money and bring the place back to what it once was.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
8 Thank ronnyvous1
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I was very happy with my room at the copper lantern motor lodge. The room was very clean and fresh and had excellent heating and air options. The room was cleaned to a very high degree of detail on a daily basis and the bathroom and beds had very clean and crisp linen on them. I was extremely pleased with the staff and I had extra pillows and was very comfortable in the bed which I stayed. I am a person who believes in tipping service staff for a job well done and I received a thank you from the young lady who cleaned my room while I was there. I would recommend this establishment and staff to anyone looking for a clean, above average lodging experience while traveling. My items were completely secure and I felt no concern of there being any problems leaving them in the room (I live in New Orleans, hotel staff warn you not to leave things in your room as it is a given "things disappear"). I met the manager of the hotel during my stay and she was very helpful and gave me great advice as to what restaurants and attractions to visit and attend to. I was extremely impressed by the knowledge, efforts to please and the ideal of good service that was offered at this establishment and give it a true thumbs up. I grew up in this area and I have not had time to visit things in the past as I left at 17 to join the military; I never knew of some of the sights and some of the wonderful experiences I had while up in massachusetts for the first time since before hurricane Katrina and I was fully impressed. The copper lantern motor lodge is an able "ambassador" lodging for this area and provides service that I have not experienced in 5 star hotels even. I hope that business continues and improves for them and that I get the opportunity to lodge in this establishment again. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Days Inn Sturbridge
Days Inn Sturbridge
#12 of 14 in Sturbridge
Southbridge Hotel And Conference Center

Been to Copper Lantern Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!