“An very pleasant week's stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Brookfield
Copper Lantern Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Brookfield
Chelsea, Michigan
“An very pleasant week's stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

MY wife and I stayed here while antique buying and selling at the May Brimfield shows. The accommodations exceeded our expectations and enhanced the enjoyment of our trip. We hope to make this our regular headquarters during future trips. The owner and staff did an excellent job of caring for our room. The setting is very relaxing with a large lawn along side a river. It was only fifteen minutes from Brimfield.

Our only issue, and it was minor was spotty wi-fi on a couple of evenings. This did not detract from our experience as this is a nice setting for getting off the grid. The Salem Cross Inn is nearby and we found a few easy on the budget places with excellent food as well.

Room Tip: Better wi-fi close to the office. Call way ahead if you are looking for rooms around the Brimfield...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank truetravelcompanions
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I'm very glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

The Brimfield Antique Market weeks are almost always a sold-out event for us. We start taking reservations in January for the upcoming three seasons, so thank you for offering that tip to other travelers.

I believe that the WI-FI sometimes gets taxed when our rooms are full to capacity and everyone is online at the same time; I have put in a call to our vendor to look into either boosting the signal or upgrading the router altogether.

Also, before you go to the Salem Cross Inn for a meal, check with our office to see if we have a coupon for the restaurant.

Again, thank you for your review and your patronage; we look forward to hosting you and your wife again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

We had family members stay here when our house was full. They said that the rooms were very comfortable and clean. The people working there were helpful and friendly. It is a great place to stay. The location, on rte. nine, can't be beat. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in the Brookfields.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dario102010
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are always seeking to improve our property, and I'm glad your guests noticed our efforts. I'm very fortunate as manager to have the staff whom I have -- they always try their best to be helpful and welcoming. Again, thanks.
Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

But that's about all I can say for it. Granted we did not spend a fortune for the night but the blue cinder block walls and run down bathroom was a bit depressing. We did only stay for one night to attend a wedding nearby so all in all it was not bad, we were there less that 24 hours total. The woman at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. If you are looking for a cheap, clean room this is the place but don't expect much.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank mrsfeebers
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We always appreciate compliments and constructive criticism. We are continually trying to improve our property while charging the lowest prices in the area and providing a great level of cleanliness and service. I'm sorry that the room didn't impress you, but I'm glad that you were comfortable in it and otherwise enjoyed your stay. The cinder block wall is a safety feature -- it's a firewall.
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Have been staying here for years for Hahesy family reunion. Cousin always blocks off rooms. Jessica and Millie are awesome - making our stay all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mlhooton
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you for your repeat business! It's definitely been over a decade that you've been staying with us.

Millie specifically asks to work during the night of the "Hahesy Party", in case you were wondering. She has so much fun visiting with you.
Halifax, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

I had the pleasure to spend a night at the Copper Lantern Motor Lodge recently. The establishment was easy to find, clean, quiet and very quiet. The view out back is incredible, as the Copper Lantern borders the Quabog river. There is a bridge view where easy canoe put-in is located. Looked like lots of fish rising right in front of me, with "Walter" waiting.. :o)
The bird watching was wonderful as we enjoyed a peaceful afternoon in the Adirondack chairs with abundant Cedar Waxwings. You can't beat the price at $68.00 per night standard room. Recommend? You bet!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ruth M
Was "Walter" the heron or the egret who hangs out in my back yard? :D

Thank you so much for your kind words.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

The rooms were very clean and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The river runs behind the lodge and can launch your kayak right from behind the lodge . Beautiful!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank purebliss1
Thank you to all of the members of your club, and to you for having taken the time to write us a review! Next time my dad shows off his motorcycle, I'll keep you company at the picnic table.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

The Cooper Lantern is a small motel in a very pleasant New England town, and last night was my second visit. I rate this motel with 5 stars because for a motel in its class, it deserves 5 stars. The quality of other motels I have stayed in similar to the Copper Lantern were FAR from the standards of this one. I'm not sure I've ever seen a CLEANER bathroom in a motel - it was spotless! In fact, the cleanliness of the whole room is impressive. I'm very fussy about sheets too, if they look or feel old, I won't sleep on them, so that's usually the first thing I check. The sheets in my room at the Copper Lantern were snow white and crisp. I LOVE the back door that opens up to the grassy area and the view of the lake! Also, I can't complete this review without mentioning the hospitality. Jessica was extremely welcoming, and when I accidentally set off the fire alarm in my room late at night, she came to my room and quietly took care of it, and was only concerned that I was safe. I was embarrassed and appreciated how gracious she was to me. I write for a motorcycle magazine (New York Rider Magazine) and have and will continue to recommend the Copper Lantern to any bikers (or anyone else I know) who like to travel to that area of Massachusetts. Well worth the trip and a night at the Copper Lantern!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank LisaPetro
I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us again! I still have a copy of the article you wrote about our business years ago -- you can see it posted on the wall near the menu rack in the office, with our other "love letters". Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Brookfield
#4 of 13 in Sturbridge
Publick House Historic Inn
Publick House Historic Inn
#5 of 13 in Sturbridge

Been to Copper Lantern Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!