“Extremely clean and wonderful staff!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Brookfield
Copper Lantern Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in West Brookfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Extremely clean and wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This was my second time staying here. What a hidden gem! The prices are extremely reasonable. The rooms are spotless! There is a microwave and small fridge in the room. The staff and owner is wonderful. She is very helpful and even gave us a discount coupon for the Salem Cross restaurant down the street. One of the best parts was the mattress was comfortable!! Yes, I said it comfortable!!! Too many times I stay at budget friendly motel and find I can't sleep because the mattress is unbearable, but the mattresses here are GREAT! There is also a river running behind the motor lodge for those that like myself, like to kayak.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank purebliss1
epicureanonbudget, General Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us another review! I really appreciate your repeat business. We enjoy hosting your group every year and I'm extremely pleased that you all had such a good time. I am the woman who checked you in, so thank you too for that personal compliment. I will certainly pass along your review to our housekeepers; I'm so proud of the job that they do, and we always go behind them to check their work just to be sure they didn't forget anything. The mattresses are new, and when we bought them I insisted to the owner (conveniently he's my father) that I get one too. Again, thank you for staying with us and for taking the time out of your day to share your opinion of my family's motel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Copper Lantern three times during 2010-2012. We stayed in a regular room and 2 of the efficiencies. This is not the Ritz, nor does it claim to be- it is a Motor Lodge and is quite a fine one at that. Family run, excellent value, great scenery, excellent location, friendly staff. These rooms are CLEAN. Beds are comfortable, and usual basic amenities including hairdryer, microwave and fridge make for a very comfortable stay. The rates are inexpensive, period. (Check around for motel prices in the Sturbridge area and East on Route 9. More expensive, some MUCH more expensive, none offering comparable value.) In the Winter, the heat was turned on for us before our arrival, and on a very warm Fall day the AC was already running for us. There are good places to eat nearby and Jessica and her staff are happy to make recommendations- menus of many establishments are in the office.
We also had wedding guests stay here: one couple and one couple with their child. They also remarked on the cleanliness of the rooms, overall comfort, and low rates.
We'll will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kate C
epicureanonbudget, General Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks. My staff and I are always trying to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. Thank you, too, for recommending us to your wedding guests. I am very glad that they enjoyed themselves while they were staying with us. We look forward to hosting you and your husband in the future when you visit the area again.
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We had a family function in town & needed a place for 3 different families to stay~ Everyone got rooms at the Copper Lantern for the week. Very, Very clean for an older place. We will definetly stay here again :-)

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank phototraveling1
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I appreciate your kind words. My housekeeping staff works very hard to try to make guests feel comfortable, and I have already passed along your compliment to them. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed 25 May 2013

MY wife and I stayed here while antique buying and selling at the May Brimfield shows. The accommodations exceeded our expectations and enhanced the enjoyment of our trip. We hope to make this our regular headquarters during future trips. The owner and staff did an excellent job of caring for our room. The setting is very relaxing with a large lawn along side a river. It was only fifteen minutes from Brimfield.

Our only issue, and it was minor was spotty wi-fi on a couple of evenings. This did not detract from our experience as this is a nice setting for getting off the grid. The Salem Cross Inn is nearby and we found a few easy on the budget places with excellent food as well.

Room Tip: Better wi-fi close to the office. Call way ahead if you are looking for rooms around the Brimfield...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank truetravelcompanions
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I'm very glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

The Brimfield Antique Market weeks are almost always a sold-out event for us. We start taking reservations in January for the upcoming three seasons, so thank you for offering that tip to other travelers.

I believe that the WI-FI sometimes gets taxed when our rooms are full to capacity and everyone is online at the same time; I have put in a call to our vendor to look into either boosting the signal or upgrading the router altogether.

Also, before you go to the Salem Cross Inn for a meal, check with our office to see if we have a coupon for the restaurant.

Again, thank you for your review and your patronage; we look forward to hosting you and your wife again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We had family members stay here when our house was full. They said that the rooms were very comfortable and clean. The people working there were helpful and friendly. It is a great place to stay. The location, on rte. nine, can't be beat. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in the Brookfields.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dario102010
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are always seeking to improve our property, and I'm glad your guests noticed our efforts. I'm very fortunate as manager to have the staff whom I have -- they always try their best to be helpful and welcoming. Again, thanks.
Vermont
Reviewed 12 December 2012

But that's about all I can say for it. Granted we did not spend a fortune for the night but the blue cinder block walls and run down bathroom was a bit depressing. We did only stay for one night to attend a wedding nearby so all in all it was not bad, we were there less that 24 hours total. The woman at the front desk was friendly and very helpful. If you are looking for a cheap, clean room this is the place but don't expect much.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank mrsfeebers
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We always appreciate compliments and constructive criticism. We are continually trying to improve our property while charging the lowest prices in the area and providing a great level of cleanliness and service. I'm sorry that the room didn't impress you, but I'm glad that you were comfortable in it and otherwise enjoyed your stay. The cinder block wall is a safety feature -- it's a firewall.
boston
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Have been staying here for years for Hahesy family reunion. Cousin always blocks off rooms. Jessica and Millie are awesome - making our stay all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mlhooton
epicureanonbudget, Manager at Copper Lantern Motor Lodge, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you for your repeat business! It's definitely been over a decade that you've been staying with us.

Millie specifically asks to work during the night of the "Hahesy Party", in case you were wondering. She has so much fun visiting with you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Brookfield
#13 of 14 in Sturbridge
Hampton Inn Sturbridge
Hampton Inn Sturbridge
#4 of 14 in Sturbridge

Been to Copper Lantern Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!