“Large portions and very fresh food, great for take-out”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Royal Palace Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 20 Restaurants in West Dennis
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Chinese
Boston, Massachusetts
“Large portions and very fresh food, great for take-out”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This restaurant has been in West Dennis for as long as I can remember, maybe 30 years plus....A great take out restaurant with wonderful fresh large portions... The Chicken fingers are wonderful and their lo mein is the best. I have never eaten in the restaurant, but we order take out twice monthly and have never had a bad meal.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ally N

Dennis Port, Massachusetts
“ptomaine”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

this place is filthy. there can only be a couple of things that allow this place to stay open, and neither of them is legal. where in the hell is the board of health?

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JustJoan3
Dennis Port, Massachusetts
“Many choices for good Chinese food on Cape Cod..avoid this one!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Royal Palace (RP) USED to be pretty good, back when there were only a few Chinese restaurants. I have been there a few times this past summer only to feel sick and upset at the money spent! (my own fault--i kept hoping against all odds it would get back to being good)!!
Twice I have felt sick to my stomach the whole next day, and my partner was so sick this last time, he had to go to the hospital. He was diagnosed with what the doctor said was lo-level food poisoning--not enough to report them, but enough to go on antibiotics after 2 bags of saline!!

On top of that, they ALWAYS screw up the to-go orders, and in the past, twice refused to give credit back to my credit card for items they didn't include. They owe me an order of boneless spareribs now--but I won't be going back to get them!

The decor is typical Chinese restaurant horror show--hideous masks on the wall (that scared the kids), a best up lacquered tree, and a dusty glass showcase with darts trophies.

Which brings me to the end--obviously the bar (a dark dark side room) is very popular--full of scary town drinkers-- every day you see the same vehicles at @4 when RP opens up...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MidCapeAmy
Harwich, Massachusetts
“Very average”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you have to have Chinese food, I suppose it's the closest in the area but we found the food to be very average at best (even though a friend of ours works there and treated us royally).

Visited October 2012
Harwich, Massachusetts
“The worst food I have eaten.”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The worst food I have ever eaten. Since when is sweet and sour chicken made with fried chicken fingers?? Lo mein resembles over boiled spaghetti. Should have gone elsewhere.

1 Thank ScottishCCDarter