“Best fried seafood on the Cape”
Review of Marathon Restaurant - CLOSED

Marathon Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Seafood
massachusetts
“Best fried seafood on the Cape”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Great fried clams and fried shrimp. Broiled scallops were very good. The onion rings are just ok.

“Best fried food!”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Love this place! Onion rings like no others...flaky and fresh! And the fried clams, shrimp, etc are all hit and fresh! My kids love to eat here also! The family owned restaurant is so warm and friendly...I look forward to visiting!

Massachusetts
“Worth The Trip”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My family took a drive to the Cape and we were driving down 28 looking for a place to eat in W Yarmouth. Before we knew it were were in Dennis and stopping @ Marathon Restaurant. From the outside it looked ok - when we got in we were surprised to see that it was a counter service...which we were looking for full service. We decided to stay, because it was late. The lady that took our order (owner) was very nice was quick, since the place was starting to pick up. We ordered the clam chowder and clam (whole) plate. The prices were reasonable - the service in the beginning was slow- but once the owner realized they were busy and needed help- the called in their daughters and things really started to pick up. They have the routine down and worked very well together. We got the chowder first - not to many claims, just ok. When our dinner came out- the claims and onion rings were out of this world!!!! You did not need any condiments, the onions ring had a taste of its own and the claims were perfect. If you were to add anything to the claims or onion rings, it would ruin them both. I would go back again.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank JanetfromMA
West Dennis, Massachusetts
“I was really disappointed with this place”
Reviewed 5 June 2010

This had to be the worst dining experience ever. My friends and I were starving after a long drive and it was the only place right by our hotel. It was a really disappointing experience. The smell right at the entry was terrible but the owners were very friendly and we felt obliged. Unfortunately, the food tasted awful. The fries were soaked in oil and the onion rings were cold and tasted like they were done a few hours earlier. The scallops tasted rubbery and gross. This place gave me a stomach ache.

Wallingford, CT
“Cape Cod Classic”
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I have yet to find an item on this menu I don't love. This is the best fried seafood on the Cape. The scallops are always awesome and the broiled haddock is amazing. Great onion rings and french fries. Teddy and Becky Stoilas do not disappoint. Greek specialities, frappes, ice cream, it's all wonderful. And Becky's chowder is really delicious too. A must.