“it's a nice place”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Dennis
sainte-Thérèse
“it's a nice place”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We arrived by chance in this town. We decided to take a room there. We were well received by the owner. After visiting the room, we decided to book for one night. The place is very clean, good smell emanates from the room. After the first night, we decided to take another 2 nights at this motel because the place we really like.

Very good service, the maids are smiling and hardworking. Every day, my room was clean.

The only drawback, no continental breakfast in the morning and coffee is not served before 8:00. But Dunkin Donuts is not far to get up early like us.
I am surprised to read the various comments because we loved the place.
I would like to return next year if I persuaded my boyfriend ...

The motel is well located to beaches, shops, restaurants.

The perception of each is different and so are our criteria. Me, I liked the place and I know that I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My girl friend and I decided to stay here while her family reunion was going on in town. Seemed pretty good. Five minute ride to her aunts house, plenty of restaurants and shops around. This motel was ridiculous. The walls in our room were stone, which they "cleverly" painted on to create the illusion that we weren't staying in a prison.

So here's a story. My girlfriend discovered our sheets had a stain on them. When the manager was confronted, he simply cut off every sentence she said, replying with "I inspect them myself!!" and refusing to change them. We slept without sheets for the rest of the weekend.

This motel is not the worst I've stayed in, but it certainly has the worst customer service I have ever seen and would not recommend it to anyone staying in cape cod.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank yomama127

Travellers are raving about these West Dennis hotels

Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2011

during the independence day weekend, we stayed at the barnacle motel, and we had a great stay, the staff was friendly, and their was no smell in the room, or bedbugs. the pool was great, being nice and cool on a hot summer's day. Before we left, the owner even offered us some free coffee for my dad. overall, we had an excellent stay, and will probably be back soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cpubuilder
Seymour, Indiana
Reviewed 26 May 2010

the place was very clean and neat. quit place to stay. the room was very clean and trhe service was very polite and kind in the front desk. people put thier was bed bugs but everyone i talked to thier even agreed they never had one problem thier at all. rooms were very nice price and would recomend this place for everyone.its amazing how people try to write things about a place to put the out but dont listen to them try it your self its well worth it i promise.they showed me around the place and all the rooms had been remodeled and painted. you will really love this place.im going back again in the summer. really great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank william1973
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Made quick last minute reservation after wedding nearby. While walking to our room we passed some druggie passed out on 2nd floor walkway, heard argument next room over and room was a smelly dirty mess. Didn't stay, could not get money back and headed for courtyard in Hyannis-very nice

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank TauEpsilon
NY
Reviewed 23 September 2009

If you are looking for a place to sleep – this is it. Our room was clean, new carpet. I did happen to stay in the back of the motel and had no issues. It was very quiet at night. The guy at the front desk knew the area very well. As a single mom traveling with a 2 year old, I’d stay here again. Great location and great value.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
boston
Reviewed 29 May 2009

We had a nice stay, but after checking out we realized that we had been bitten all over (30+ insect bites), which the doctor identified as bedbug bites. We talked to the manager who would not refund us the money and denied that there were any bedbugs. We reported this to the Dennis Dept of Public Health & Dennis Chamber of Commerce, and as a result the motel is currently under investigation by the Dept of Public Health. Reading online reviews, it appears that the hotel has been infested for some time and has not dealt with the problem. If you have any leads on bedbugs you can contact the dept of public health in Dennis, MA at [--].

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Colonial Village Motel & Cottages
The Garlands
The Garlands
#16 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to GuestLodge? Share your experiences!