“Platinum Pebble Rocks - Pun Very Much Intended!”

The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 West Harwich B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were looking for a special place to spend our babymoon trip before our first baby arrives in June of this year, and we immediately picked this B&B after a very short search on the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce site. It had the quaint look of a New England home, with all of the modern decor and amenities of a metropolitan boutique hotel. It did not disappoint! Simon welcomed us warmly upon arrival, was a font of knowledge in response to all of our questions about the area. Our room was beautifully appointed, the bed luxurious, the bathtub spacious, and the rainshower totally fun. Complimentary snacks like apples, cookies, granola bars, soda, water were a refreshing treat. The "next day outlook" card with the turn down service was a nice touch, as was the bag of Easter candies that came with it. Best of all, though, was the gourmet breakfast served IN ROOM every morning at our appointed time. Thank you for making our first trip to the Cape so memorable - we are telling everyone about your inn and next time we will be back with friends. :)

Room Tip: Go for the luxury superior rooms! They're so worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PlatinumPebble, Owner at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Puns are always welcome here!
So happy to hear that you had a memorable first trip to Cape Cod and that were were part of it. We look forward to welcoming you back, either alone or with friends. Repeat guests are always the greatest compliment and spreading the word amongst your friends is fantastic. Thank you and
good luck with the baby.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

You can never be sure what a B&B will be like till you get there but you certainly won't be disappointed here. On arrival we were greeted by Annabelle and Simon and offered tea, coffee or wine. Throughout our stay they were helpful but not intrusive. Our room was lovely - separate from the main house, so we could come and go easily without disturbing anyone or being disturbed. It was beautifully decorated and spotless, with tasteful fittings and ornaments as you would expect in a modern boutique hotel. The luxurious bathroom was a joy with lovely toiletries and fluffy towels. Breakfasts are good and tasty - a welcome change from a New York hotel - and we could sit outside our room to eat it in the sunshine, well apart from the morning it was too cold and then we were cosy in our room. The thoughtfulness which has been put in by Annabelle and Simon is amazing - nibbles and soft drinks in the room; an invitation for a glass of wine each evening; chocolates left when the bed is turned down; a 'Platinum Pebbles' rubber duck for each room's guests! We were also given excellent recommendations for places to go for dinner. I just wish West Harwich was a little closer for us to get there again. Do go, you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all "the little extras" we offer. We do hope that with all the photographs on our website and the reviews here, our guests will know what they are getting ahead of time when booking a stay with us. Thank you again and hopefully you'll make a return trip to us, even though you're so far away! New England v Old England

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We picked this B&B because of all the wonderful reviews they've received on Tripadvisor, and all those wonderful reviews were correct. We normally don't stay at B&B's, I guess maybe because we feel awkward staying in the kind of environment where you either share meals and/or interact with folks you don't know. I must say we were VERY comfortable staying here though. Simon and Annabelle are the most welcoming people, so very friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again or recommend it to anyone else.

Now as for the bedding..... oh my! There's a reason they list information in your room about where you can buy their mattresses and bedding (seriously!). I always thought my own bed to be comfortable, but after coming home I find I need to go out and buy some new stuff. So don't forget to factor that cost into the price of your trip there. LOL!

Our room was very spacious and comfortable, very tastefully decorated and CLEAN! (A biggie for me!). The bathroom was also very spacious with a wonderful shower and tub. Breakfast was served in our room every morning between 8:30-9:30 and it was amazingly good. We had stuffed french toast with blueberry sauce and bacon one morning, and scrambled eggs w/red peppers on toast w/sausage the other, both days served with a fresh fruit cup with yogurt and granola, juice and coffee/tea. Very tasty! It was all very meticulously laid out our our room's coffee table in front of the fire place, how nice. I wish the weather was warmer so we could've had it on our patio table. Maybe another time!

The grounds are nicely landscaped and the pool looked very inviting, despite the cold temperature.

There was only one MINOR issue we had while there. It was hockey playoff time for the Boston Bruins so my husband wanted to watch the game. The TV channels are fairly limited so he tried watching it on his tablet via the free wifi they offer. While the wifi is probably perfectly fine for checking mail and browsing the net, streaming live TV wasn't the best. We tend to be power users of our tablets and mobile devices though and our expectations are probably unreasonable.. I'm guessing not a lot of people would be trying to do what he did. Our apologies to other guests that may have been trying to use the wifi while we were there and found us hogging it. What we should've done is go to a local bar/restaurant to watch the game instead, but we were just tired from being out all day. Anyway, it is such a MINOR point, but in the interest of an honest review I wanted to include it.

One final point that I think speaks highly of how much Simon & Annabelle like to please their guests ..... notice that they have taken the time to respond to every (?) review that people have posted here. That's pretty amazing. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PlatinumPebble, Owner at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review.
It is with pleasure that we get to respond to all these reviews here on TA. As owners of our business we were shocked to find a button that allowed us to respond to guests reviews. If you're going to take time out of your busy day to help promote our business by writing on TA, then of course we are going to take the time to Thank You for it!
We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us (and the beds) so much.
Thanks for letting us know about your difficulty with "live streaming" in your room, we shall look into increasing the bandwidth at the edges of our property.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I celebrated my anniversary here on a rainy weekend in the off-season. It was absolutely wonderful!! Everything in the inn is perfectly arranged and visually pleasing. This is a great spot for someone who likes the B&B feel, but wants a more updated atmosphere. The decorating was extremely stylish and up-to-date. Annabelle and Simon are really wonderful people to talk to as well, and welcome you with a glass of wine. Even in the off-season, there are a few fantastic restaurants within a mile down the road, which I was pleasantly surprised by! Also the beds are so comfortable, you'll never sleep better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PlatinumPebble, Owner at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Stylish & up- to -date!
Thank you, what lovely words to use, most people wouldn't tend to think of a B&B as that way and we have indeed tried to mix the best of both worlds and offer our guests a cross between small hotel and Inn.
We are so happy you enjoyed your anniversary stay here. thank you so much for writing this great review.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'm single and decided to treat myself to a vacation after my daughter honeymooned at Platinum Pebble Inn and absolutely raved about it. What a treat!. The inn is stunning, immaculately clean, and I greatly enjoyed the soaking tub with high quality toiletries and towels. The bed and bedding felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. There were so many special touches like snacks in the room, chocolates with the next day's weather report on my pillow, fabulous breakfasts in my room in front of my fire place and best of all innkeepers Simon and Annabelle--two lovely people who know how to make your visit wonderful--warm, welcoming, helpful but never intrusive. For my dinners out, Annabelle suggested sitting at the bar at two fabulous restaurants where I enjoyed talking with friendly people. Every minute of my stay was lovely. Traveling alone, I was never lonely. I enjoyed being with interesting people and I also enjoyed the luxurious, peaceful, quiet time doing whatever I wanted to do or not do. This is the perfect B&B in every way and I hope to return every year!

Room Tip: My "superior" room on the first floor was large with sliding doors to the patio/pool area...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
PlatinumPebble, Owner at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you so much for your great review - it is wonderful that you felt comfortable staying here as a "single" -as we hope that we are able to appeal to everybody and that we don't make ourselves exclusive to just honeymooners like your daughter. Just by you mentioning our beds and our breakfasts B&B) , we feel we have done our job in helping you have a relaxing and welcoming stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, it was a pleasure having you here with us.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had an absolutely WONDERFUL stay at the Inn - our room was very quiet, incredibly sun-filled, clean, comfortable and the decor is refreshingly unique. After some time in the car, we were so happy to relax with tea and snacks and sit in front of the fireplace located in our terrific room.

The Inn is located in a great area of the Cape and within close proximity to some delightful seafood restaurants. Simon and Annabelle are wonderful hosts - very welcoming and warm. We truly can't wait to return to this terrific boutique Inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PlatinumPebble, Owner at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you or your lovely review. We're really happy you enjoyed your stay so much. We love our location with a few local restaurants and when you return, you'll see a couple of new ones that will have opened. We look forward to welcoming you back. A return guest is always the greatest compliment!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is by far the best bed and breakfast I have stayed at. It is a beautiful combination of a typical quaint bed and breakfast, but with a modern flair. Throughout the trip we were surprised with little details- cute decor, chocolates waiting on the bed, brownies in the common space, great movies to borrow from the collection, and yummy shampoo/lotion in the shower. The room we stayed in was wonderfully decorated and perfectly sized. Between the lush bed and rainshower, I felt very spoiled. Not to mention the scrumptious breakfast served right to our room!

Simon greeted us upon our arrival, offered us a glass of wine, coffee, or water, and filled us in on our location, the amenities available to us, and ideas for hiking. He was very informative and although we mainly kept to ourselves, he was around and available via phone if needed. We felt right at home and spent some time lounging in the common space- with a complimentary night cap to boot!

The location itself is wonderful, right off the main road and nearby to many dining options, markets, and little shops. We visited in the Spring so the pool was not open, but this would be an ideal space for lounging and soaking in some sun away from the summer crowds.

This was the perfect couple getaway!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
PlatinumPebble, Owner at The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Perfect Retreat!
What a dazzling title. We're so happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay at our inn so much, we have indeed tried to join together the feel of B&B but with a more modern vibe & style.
We love our location too, it is with-in easy access to so many different places, but perfect if you wish to "stay -put" too. Thank you thank you for this great review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Harwich
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
#1 of 8 in Harwich Port
Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod

Been to The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn? Share your experiences!