“Good Show - not exactly "family friendly"”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Harwich Junior Theatre
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I took my son to see They are playing my Song because we were in town and I like local productions and don't have a chance in my hometown to see any. From what I remember reading the Theatre likes to promote things for "families". The audience aside from ourselves was "seniors". I had not seen this production anywhere before so didn't really know what it was about. The actors were great; however, I was suprised withe story line as it pertained to the actors (one male, one female) going away for the weekend after just meeting and the male especially anticipating what was going to happen. Not exactly something I would have wanted to take my teeangers too.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Saw "They're Playing Our Song" on 1 June. Not a bad seat in the house. All tickets were $25. We purchased tickets (2) online the evening prior. Theater was about 65% full. With Neil Simon, Marvin Hamlish, Carol Bayer Sager provenance I expected more; it was pleasant but nothing memorable. Adult cast members, no high school kids in sight. Eight performers on stage with only one a member of Actors Equity. Set was well thought out and imaginative and the music behind and above the set worked well. Cast was fine for basically amateur summer theater. My wife enjoyed it very much; myself not as much. Would probably try another production.

1  Thank Chuck S
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Surprisingly Great. It was our first time at this community theater and I would definitely recommend this production.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

When we are looking for local theater that our whole family can enjoy we know that HJT is the place to go. Each and every performance we've seen has exceeded our expectations. Using local talent and seeing people we know on stage is an added bonus.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We are blessed to have wonderful little local theatres on Cape Cod and this is one of them. Located in quaint area, ample parking and great shows ! Nice variety to meet the interests of all ages and reasonable to attend. Talent is very good and shows are always entertaining and fun. Don't miss this piece of Cape Cod fun !!!