“Fantastic place. Shhh, I don't want to make it impossible to book it, but...”
Review of Barnaby Inn

Barnaby Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Harwich
Barnaby Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 West Harwich B&B and Inns
cape-pei
“Fantastic place. Shhh, I don't want to make it impossible to book it, but...”
Reviewed 24 July 2008

My husband, I, and our Shar-pei companion stayed in Barnaby Inn the few times and would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a charming, quiet, clean place to stay on a Cape for a night or a full week at. And if you like to travel with your pet, this place is a true jam on a map of pet friendly travel.

Laurieann and Snickers are very warm, gracious and accommodating Inn-keepers. They do make us feel like part of the family. The old-house is lovely and comfortable. The rooms are well appointed and immaculate. The grounds are neat and well cared for. The breakfast is wonderful. The freshly baked goods are delicious, and the coffee is good enough to drink black. And on top of everything else, the place is very reasonably priced for the area.

If you can, try to treat yourself to a massage with Laurieann. It is out of this world special.

To finish, I completely disagree with a person who wrote a negative review below. The owner, and other people working there, are the nicest, most professional and accommodating people one will ever meet. However, there are people out there who are unreasonable and impossible to please. What goes around comes around.

We have been very happy with our Barnaby Inn stays, and are planning to come back in a future.

Kate, Anatoli, and Jasmine Vishnyakov

• Liked — Comfort, cleanliness, friendliness, seclusion, Cookies! Lemonade!
  • Disliked — That we have to leave
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
RI
Reviewed 24 April 2008

My fiance suprised me with a trip to Cape Cod for Valentine's day. The innkeeper was so nice and she gave us plenty of maps and directions to all the local sites. The breakfasts in the morning were always fresh and yummy! The room was clean and the bed was always made when we came home for the night. The Barnaby Inn goes the extra mile to make you feel like the only thing you need to do is RELAX!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Friendliness, breakfasts
  • Disliked — nothing! It was a great experience!
  • Stayed February 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank augwed08
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 5 April 2008

I stayed at the Barnaby Inn in August 2006 while doing a continuing education class. I LOVED it, the owner was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable, a great value. I especially loved the massage I got... I have had dozens of massages in my life, but I will always remember this one as the best. It was like she knew which muscles hurt better than I did. I would recomment this hotel to anyone, and hope to come back and stay here again in the future!

• Liked — nice location
  • Disliked — nothing, all was good
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
brockton
Reviewed 6 March 2008

While scouring looking for the perfect place to spend our 19th anniversary, I found this quaint lil Inn. Called to make a reservation lorianne answered and right away I knew this was the place. The afternoon that we arrived she was there to greet us with a huge smile on her face. She was so helpful telling us about all the places we might want to visit. She took us to our room which was very romantic, she included a wonderful bottle of wine, heck she even made dinner reservations for us. Lorianne was more than gracious. The next morning we had a wonderful very creative breakfast. We had enjoyed our stay so much we went back with our children and boy did they have fun! but it didnt stop there I then mentioned this quaint place to a few of my friends we all went for labor day weekend. Not only does lorianne open her home and her hospitality she opens her heart, how refreshing! Before leaving the Inn I purchased another weekend to send a very dear friend of ours away for a weekend.

• Liked — The Whole experience from the moment we walked in to register
  • Disliked — That we had to leave.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank grammasnook
Connecticut
Reviewed 22 October 2007

My family (2 adults, 2 children ages 4 & 2) and our black lab stayed at the Barnaby Inn and would recommend it highly. We made a last minute reservation, as our friends' home we were originally planning to stay in had furnace problems.

Innkeeper Laurieann Galer was friendly and personable on the phone. She provided detailed directions and discussed her requirements regarding vaccination proof for our dog. This was a fair request. We appreciated that she accomodates pets while at the same time protects the interests of guests traveling without animals.

We chose Barnaby Inn because, from our online research, it appeared to be the cleanest pet-friendly option on that part of the Cape. I must mention we are almost neurotically clean and considered cancelling our weekend away for fear of staying in less-than-desirable lodging.

The Barnaby exceeded our expectations.Laurieann greeted us warmly and enthusiastically. She toured the inn with us and talked about its history. My 4-year-old was thrilled with the board games and movies available to us, and we all appreciated the biscotti, tea, and hot chocolate in the dining room. Laurieann was so good to my children that my daughter keeps asking when we can see her and her dog Snickers again. I wish only that I had time for a massage during our stay!

Laurieann's graciousness, hospitality, and kindness toward our children and dog made us feel like part of her family . We could not believe this was a pet-friendly inn, as it was IMMACULATELY clean. If you have a dog that sheds, you know how difficult it is to rid an environment of hair.

Our large room easily accomodated 4 humans and one 85 pound canine who thinks he's human. We liked having a small fridge in our room and couldn't believe we had to turn on the air conditioner because it was hot in October!!! My husband appreciated the nicely sized t.v., even though it was painful for him to see the Red Sox defeat Cleavland.

The continental breakfast of freshly baked muffins (yum), banana bread, French toast bagels (double yum), fresh fruit bowl, coffee and orange juice was delivered to our door at the requested time and was quite tasty!

The inn, set back a bit from busy Route 28, is comfortable and clean and the small grounds are well-maintained. This is not a fancy or luxurious place. If you are looking for Cape Cod charm, gracious hospitality, cleanliness,and a fair price, the Barnaby Inn is a great spot.

• Liked — The innkeeper, the clean, pet-friendly accomodations-- pretty much everything!!!
  • Disliked — If I had to choose something I would recommend beautifying the parking lot area.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank WanderingGypsyMama
Torrington, CT
Reviewed 9 September 2007

My husband and I stayed in the Rose Room and found it spacious and charming. Our Hostess, Laurieann, was accommodating to our late arrival needs by keeping our room open and our porch light on. We actually didn't check -in until we checked-out!

Breakfast was delivered to our door each morning and what a feast each was. Esp. enjoyed the fresh fruit crepes!

Everything was perfect., property is lovely...only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dsumma
Washington, DC
Reviewed 1 August 2007

This was our third visit to The Barnaby Inn. We vacation in New England every summer for two weeks. We look forward each year to returning to one of our favorite places, The Barnaby Inn. The owner has a wealth of knowledge on where to eat, places to go and things to do. In addition, she makes a wonderful breakfast and delivers it to your room. This is a terrific treat while relaxing on vacation.

We are already looking forward to our trip again to The Barnaby Inn next summer. We wouldn't think of staying any place else on the Cape. The location is fantastic and the rooms are comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated. The owner makes us feel like part of the family.

Kristi Bedois-Sharpe

#1 of 1 in West Harwich
The Tern Inn
The Tern Inn
#2 of 7 in West Harwich

Been to Barnaby Inn? Share your experiences!