“Sketchy” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Seating
Burlington, Connecticut
“Sketchy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

There are no other words for this place. I knew it was an awful idea the minute we drove in - but yet, we found ourselves sitting in what looked like someone's basement straight out of the 70's. It was extremely dark, no lights, except for the glow from the TV and some disco-ish lights. Tacky, gross looking furniture. The whole place seemed dirty and unsafe. We thought we were going for "live Irish music!" and great food... which turned out to actually be a "DJ" blasting reggae and other assorted islandy rap music and NO food. There was also a $5 cover charge... worst money ever spent, ha. We felt obligated to order a drink after paying the coverage charge, and because there was no one else in there except one guy at the bar and then a small group of friends that seemed to be running it. I ordered a long island ice tea and after the bartender gave it to me she asked me how it was, saying that it was the first one she ever made! Seriously? The drink was awful, I couldn't even finish it. The only good part was they were playing the Stanley Cup Finals game that my boyfriend wanted to watch, so we stayed until the end of the period and then got out of there so quick. It was awful... all I can say is, just don't!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank KristaLeeH

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Really Tacky”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stopped and had a beer at the outdoor tiki bar while we waited for our overnight reservation at the Claddagh Inn. However, even though we had a written confirmation of our 3-night stay, the manager turned us away, saying she had no reservation for us, so we didn't have a chance to stay and have a full meal. Frankly, it appeared to be a rather tough crowd around the bar, so I'm not sure we would have stayed for more than a beer anyway.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank CKtravellor
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Septic woe's”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

I stopped in to hear some local musicians play. About an hour into the beer and music we were ushered out of the building as the septic over flowed. Had to leave your full drink with no refund even after I asked. I was informed this was common here.

NO THANK YOU

Visited August 2012
1 Thank wintermoth
Needham, MA USA
“What a charming Tiki Bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Outside on a pleasant afternoon and evening - very comfortable bar stools, overlooking a pool - take a dip if you'd like. Emily, the bartender is very personable and makes you feel right at home. Nice pub food - Crab Cakes, Mozzarella Sticks and Cheeseburger were all good. The nicest part is how friendly everyone is. There's a mix of locals, regulars and tourists and everyone talks to each other. My kind of atmosphere!

Visited August 2012
Mount Crawford, Virginia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Great food and atmosphere! The fried fish sandwich was wonderful as was the reuben and the crab cakes. You could eat outside and then go inside to the bar and hear live music.

Visited July 2012