“Villa Roma...Fantastico!”

Villa Roma
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2013

For all the reasons that set a restaurant apart from another, Villa Roma is a winner in every category. From the intimate, home-like setting to the personal unobtrusive service performed with a genuine sense of professionalism and pride due in part to an experienced wait staff, there is no better Italian restaurant in Harwich/Chathham area. I had the good fortune of offering the first TripAdvisor Review of this establishment years ago and last night only confirmed that the food quality, preparation, portions and presentation clearly deserves every possible accolade afforded by this website. The Haddock dinner special deserves a special mention as it was perhaps the most delicious fish preparation I have ever had. The Marinara sauce is simply perfect...robust but not overpowering. Prices are average for the Cape but knowing the experience of a fine evening out, it is worth every cent. There are more expensive restaurants on Rt 28 that can't come close to having an authentic Italian dinner at Villa Roma! Opened year round, it sets a benchmark for restaurants in Cape Cod!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We ate at this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews and the recommendation of Pam and Steve at A Beach Breeze Inn. The service was efficient, but didn't make us feel rushed. She was pleasant and offered suggestions.

The food was fantastic! My husband ordered the lasagna and I had the eggplant. I actually enjoyed the pasta and marinara sauce more than the eggplant, although it was good as well. The servings are huge. I barely put a dent in my dinner. My husband enjoyed his meal too, especially the sausage in the lasagna.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I had dinner with 3 friends on a very busy Thursday evening. I called to let the host know we were running about 15-30 min. late for our reservation due to heavy mid-cape traffic. She was gracious; told me ok and to get there as soon as possible. When we arrived, people were standing out on the porch, drinking cocktails, and waiting for a table. I thought for sure we lost our reservation. I was pleasantly surprised to learn our table was waiting for us! We enjoyed a cocktail before dinner at our table and all had enjoyable dishes. I had the fish special which was very good but covered with too much pasta. Other guest had veal and pasta dishes. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Even though the restaurant was very busy we were not rushed and felt good about the pace of our service. Villa Roma is a small and popular restaurant -- it is a very loud place and has a hectic atmosphere. I will return, but do prefer Bucca a few miles down the road. I think Bucca's food and and atmosphere are superior.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

As you ascend to the entrance (on the side) a nicely worded plaque states that "Well behaved
children are welcomed." " Pizza is not served". They expect mature adult behavior. Refreshing !!!

The Rustic ambiance suggests an aura not particularly "Italian". However the fare is decidedly
Italian. A crisp Garden Salad or soup is served along with either Meatballs the size of baseballs, Chicken Parmegiana served with Angel Hair pasta in a Marinara Sauce for example. Both delicious !! Sautéed Sword Fish, delicate and flavorful. The diners at an adjacent table thoroughly enjoyed their Veal Marsala. Unfortunately my Veal Parmegiana was overcooked and too thickly breaded for my taste.

Their house Chianti was excellent, and generously poured

In all a fine dining experience.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Based on the reviews to date my wife and i tried it out. As another reviewer noted the menu is small and that usually means the food is good. We were not disappointed! I got the lasagna and my wife the shrimp scampi. We started with salads and bread. The salad comes with the dressing on the side and the bread came as a loaf, nice and warm. The lasagna is a meat based lasagna and it was one of the best I've ever had! The portion size was enormous and I took half of it home for lunch the next day. The shrimp scampi was also very good, seven large jumbo shrimp with capellini and diced tomatoes. We had no room left for desert but given that they are all homemade Italian deserts I've little doubt they are great.