“Authentic Italian!”

Dining options: Reservations
boston, ma
“Authentic Italian!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped at Villa Roma on suggestion of my GPS believe it or not! (I did look it up on my phone once suggested.) Wow! What a great little restaurant! Excellent food and service! The chicken parm reminded me of my grandmothers in north Boston! Beautifully crisped with delicious gravy (sauce). Fresh salad! Great wine selection! Homey atmosphere! Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra playing softly in the background. Moderately priced. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“A long wait, interesting waitress, and delicious food”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Over the last several years my wife and I have tried several restaurants in this region of the Cape but not this one. We decided to give it a try because of the good reviews on TA.

With another couple we arrived at Villa Roma about 6:30 on a weekday. As soon as we opened the door we were hit with a wall of noise – the entrance area was packed with people talking, clearly having a good time. The hostess told us that we would have to wait 25 – 30 minutes for a table and she suggested that we get drinks and take them outside to some chairs and tables at the front of the building. This area was for waiting and having drinks; no food was served there.
The waiting area is about 10 yards away from Route 28, a main road but there is a line of tall, dense hedges between the two. The passing vehicles were not a concern nor a distraction. It was a pleasant way to wait for our table.

About 50 minutes later we returned inside to ask about our table. We were told that a group was preparing to leave and, once the table had been cleaned and set up, we would be seated. That took another 10 minutes.

When our waitress came over we asked if it was busy like this every night. She told us that she didn’t know, that this was her first night at Villa Roma and she was filling in for a friend who was supposed to work that night. Our waitress told us that usually she worked at the Chatham Squire and if we wanted to see busy we should go there. When she left with our order, we agreed that there was something different about her speaking. She was speaking to us with words and tone as if we were preschool children and she was the teacher. This was confirmed when she came to take our meal order. She listed the available salad dressing options once or twice. When she asked for my order I included the salad dressing before she could ask. She complemented me in her teacher voice “Oh, good listening.” Later we had to ask for bread. She put it on the table as if she were giving us a reward. We weren’t sure if we should be offended by her or amused. We decided to be amused. Each time she would return to the table and say something or ask a question, we looked at each other and smiled.

A short part of this review, and the most important, is about the food. These are the meals we ordered: Chicken Marsala, Bolognese, Sausage and Peppers, and Eggplant Parmesan. We all felt the same way: the food was excellent.

We will return to Villa Roma but, next time, we will call ahead for a reservation. In spite of the amusement our waitress provided, I’d rather have a different one.

• Visited August 2013
Kingston, New York
“My Italian relatives .....”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Would love this place. I had the chicken piccata which I frequently order in restaurants. This was nicely done with lots of capers and a generous portion , to boot. This was my third visit there and find it warm and cozy , yet clean and professional. A pleasure to dine there.

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Villa Roma...Fantastico!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

For all the reasons that set a restaurant apart from another, Villa Roma is a winner in every category. From the intimate, home-like setting to the personal unobtrusive service performed with a genuine sense of professionalism and pride due in part to an experienced wait staff, there is no better Italian restaurant in Harwich/Chathham area. I had the good fortune of offering the first TripAdvisor Review of this establishment years ago and last night only confirmed that the food quality, preparation, portions and presentation clearly deserves every possible accolade afforded by this website. The Haddock dinner special deserves a special mention as it was perhaps the most delicious fish preparation I have ever had. The Marinara sauce is simply perfect...robust but not overpowering. Prices are average for the Cape but knowing the experience of a fine evening out, it is worth every cent. There are more expensive restaurants on Rt 28 that can't come close to having an authentic Italian dinner at Villa Roma! Opened year round, it sets a benchmark for restaurants in Cape Cod!

• Visited August 2013
Painesville, Ohio
“A Gem”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We ate at this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews and the recommendation of Pam and Steve at A Beach Breeze Inn. The service was efficient, but didn't make us feel rushed. She was pleasant and offered suggestions.

The food was fantastic! My husband ordered the lasagna and I had the eggplant. I actually enjoyed the pasta and marinara sauce more than the eggplant, although it was good as well. The servings are huge. I barely put a dent in my dinner. My husband enjoyed his meal too, especially the sausage in the lasagna.

Visited August 2013