“Not so much ... choose another place”
Review of Villa Roma

Villa Roma
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Went with my husband and son to celebrate my Mother's 81st birthday with my Dad. Seated exactly at reservation time. Drinks ordered promptly, and order of calamari placed. Never delivered. Had to request fresh pepper for the salads. Food was mediocre, at best. Veal picatta totally too tough to eat. I ate none of it, and no of the restaurant staff even asked why... Son ordered fettuccini with chicken and brokka -- his meal was served with brokka only -- the chicken showed up at least five minutes later. Mother ordered Scampi -- came with a non traditional tomato watery covering; not traditional scampi. Server was obviously having a bad day -- not at all pleasant. I suspect there was more to that part that wasn't her responsibility. Wont' be going there again.

1  Thank mhabib

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stopped by for a late dinner........no reservation......but Jason the bartender took very good care of us. Food, service and atmosphere were all great. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Villa Roma is a small and cozy restaurant, and the homemade food is outstanding. We enjoyed the Veal Parmesan and Eggplant Parmesan - both of which were incredible and perhaps the best veal and eggplant that we've ever had. Both melted in our mouths. Portions are gigantic. We ate at the bar which is our favorite location in any restaurant. Jason the bartender was great - he makes an excellent drink. Can't wait to return and try other menu items.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

There are twelve tables in Villa Roma plus three or four taller bar tables, so don't be surprised if you have to wait. Hint: get there early. While I usually like to see restaurants that accommodate children (since I have twin grandchildren who frequently dine with us), it was nice to have a private, quiet meal with my wife that was also delicious--about as good as Italian food can be. (There is a sign on the outside that politely warns about Villa Roma not having children's seating or a menu.) The few tables are so close that you may have other diners much closer than usual, but, hey, you might make some new friends. The restaurant has a nice wine list and a full bar. Deserts are good--I had a Captain Morgan chocolate cake which I would get again. The restaurant is in an old small Cape house--not so lovely on the outside but nicely done in the interior. Our older server was wonderful. I hope to return next time we are out on the Cape.

1  Thank Teacher-DRP
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Last year four of us had dinner at the Villa Roma restaurant for the first time and the experience was so positive that we returned again this year. This year the result was similar. Our waitress was attentive and helpful. The meals were excellent: pasta with meatballs, sausage and peppers, and two had Bolognese over Capellini. It really was eight meals because each of us had enough leftovers to take home for another meal. This year our stay on the Cape was before the busy summer season and, arriving a little after 6:30PM, there were still a couple of available tables. Last year, near the end of the summer, we arrived about the same time and had to wait almost an hour before a table became available.
If you’re looking for delicious Italian food, you won’t go wrong with Villa Roma.