“Simple & Affordable”

Cape Cod Wishing Well
Ranked #5 of 7 West Harwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband and I planned a very last minute trip to the Cape for his birthday. Being as we normally go in the off season, prices were much higher this time around. I found the Cape Cod Wishing Well on Yelp and was pleased with the rates found on their website. They even give you a $7 discount per day where cleaning service is not used.
Upon arrival we were greeted by Wally who showed up where are room was located and where to park. Our key was in the room and we were told to leave it in the room when we 'checked out'. The room was simple, but had everything necessary for our stay. The Wishing Well sits back off of the main road and is close to both Harwich/Harwich Port and Dennis.
I would consider staying here again for a last minute or short trip on the cape. It is not particularly fancy, but very clean and affordable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShaunaKehoe

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We rented two cabins at the Cape Cod Wishing Well in late June 2014. The set-up was great, one cabin for my parents, the other for my husband and myself, and the two were connected by a door, which allowed for privacy as well as easy communication and sharing of the space.
The rooms with their little kitchenettes and bathrooms were clean and neat. We loved having refrigerators, coffee makers and basic dishes and silverware, which we used to make our own breakfasts and prepared lunches. There are picnic tables in front of the cabins, which make for a nice breakfast spot. Parking is also right by the cabins. We got our own breakfast supplies, but were told that there was at least juice and coffee available in the reception.
Even though the Wishing Well is located on a main road it was nice and quiet, and we weren't bothered by traffic etc.
There are many nice restaurants within walking or short driving distance, and the beach is also just a 10 minute walk away (driving would result in a ~20 dollar parking fee in the beach parking lots).
I also really liked the option to be able to choose wether we wanted our rooms to be cleaned / towels changed on a daily basis or not (you could save 5 dollars a night if you don't need fresh towels and your bed made every day).
The pool looked nice too, but since we were there before July 4th it wasn't open for swimming yet.
Some of the interior features looked a little quaint and were definitely not new, but that was absolutely fine.
For what we received the Wishing Well offered the perfect solution, and it didn't cost us an arm and a leg like many other places on the Cape.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel-Tini85
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked through booking.com and I typed in that I would like a cot. We got a confirmation from booking.com and then another from the Wishing Well which I assumed was a duplicate. My children ended up staying with friends so we never used the cot but it remained in the room. When we checked out, they had charged us $45 for the cot. I explained to them that we never used it and the guy said they would talk to the owner. We had to leave so I figured it would be fixed. They never took it off the bill! When I called they still wouldn't! I told him that we never complained about how stinky our room was from cigarettes (no smoking room). The pool looked gross. The toilets were extremely difficult to flush. Our Tv wasn't working when we got in the room although, they did fix that. Their continental breakfast is a muffin the size of one bite, coffee with powder cream and OJ. Almost every time we went to the office, no one was there. We won't be returning!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Those who travel down to the Cape for the summer pretty much know you are getting a 1 star motel for a 3-4 star price per night. This was a last minute trip, so, you get what you get. A place like this is not really worth a long review but when I receive such an answer from management/ownership, it is a shame. Maybe a place like this works for some guests- to each their own. Just not for me and my family. Last minute trip during Cape peak season you get subpar standards.

Mostly cons at this place:

>Don’t expect a lobby…there is an unoccupied motel office and outside of the office you will find a white board with your last name and the room you are assigned to. I have a very unique last name and would rather not have it & my room# advertised. Just saying…

>Guest rooms are glorified Cape Cod motel cottages cut in half. Your room is unlocked upon arrival and the key is left inside the room. I don’t know how safe this process is but fine. We had a double room with double beds, tiny kitchenette, and equally tiny bathroom. Upon entry the room smelled like mold and we chatted with our neighbors & they stated their room smelled like cigarettes. Also, notice the checklist on the wall within your room.

>Non-existent staff on the premises…this is what we were told from other guests upon my arrival and further into my stay I learned from my own observation. You can call various contact numbers written onto a white board outside of the office. If there is an emergency you call one specific guy.

>WIFI…Don’t expect it to work and don’t expect to get an apology from management. Wifi did not work properly during our 1 night stay. You could find the router but you could not login properly and stay connected. Reference the checklist in your room that states the Wifi signal is not strong. We ended up standing outside of the office to try & stay connected. NOTHING. We highly depend on Wifi in our line of work and a lot of time makes or breaks a decision for us. Emailed Wally regarding this situation and was told “Wifi was available before you arrived, is available now and was available while you were there. You should have called me or John for help. Wally” Apparently poor Wifi setup is considered an emergency and I should go out of my way to track someone down, my mistake.

Pros:

>It was clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FeWenInRom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Wishing Well. The rooms were spotless. John, the manager ,was very helpful. He truly goes above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. The motel is on Route 28 . It is in walking distance to places to eat, stores and a Catholic Church.I'd go back on my next visit to Cape Cod.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally R
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our travel plans for Memorial Day had us staying at a couple of different places. We booked the Wishing Well for Sunday Night, we stayed in Yarmouth on Saturday Night. After leaving the motel we stayed at Saturday Night, with an indoor/outdoor pool and Jacuzzi, we were initially disappointed that the pool wasn't open when we arrived at the Wishing Well. So our first impression was "we will make the best of it."

Looking back I can not believe how wrong we would be. From that initial moment of disappointment everything went so right! We were immediately greeted by property manager John and the super sweet woman who cleans the rooms. They were so warm and welcoming. We immediately felt as though we were staying at a B&B or a friends house. There was no formal check in as the key was in the room and she was just finishing cleaning the room for us. We were early and it didn't matter to them they had the room all cleaned and ready by 1:00pm. John literally will bend over backwards to be of any assistance you need. He gave us a full property tour, even showing us some of the other styles of rooms and he allowed us to check out the cottage as it was vacant at the time. After looking at the cottage we are already planning on booking it for a few days this summer.

John gave us lunch and dinner recommendations and pointed us in the right direction for places to go and things to see. More importantly he allowed my girlfriend and I to stay in the room a little bit longer due to some rain showers that we didn't expect (we were on our motorcycle.) He was super accommodating and he made such a stress free day for us as we did not want to ride in the rain.

The rooms are clean and tidy. If you're looking for extravagant luxury go pay $450 a night. For what we paid we had very nice, very clean, well appointed rooms. Cozy is the word that I would use. The hardwood floors make the room feel clean and fresh. This place is perfect for the price. From what we saw in the cottage, this will be the perfect place for my girlfriend and I to bring our kids this summer. It has a full kitchen and a nice sized living room.

The common areas were neat and clean. John was outside working every day, pulling weeds, raking and sweeping. There is a really nice little bar-b-q area in the back with two charcoal grilles and some picnic tables. The pool looked nice, it's an original cement circa 1950's pool, but it is in great shape. It was empty at the time but John told us he is prepping it to open in the next couple of weeks. It was too cold to swim anyway. He did offer to pull out some chairs if we wanted to hang out by the pool.

Overall I would recommend this place to anyone looking to get a great deal on a motel that is located in a great area close to many attractions and beaches. It is centrally located with go-kart tracks, mini-golf, trampoline parks, beaches and restaurants all within a 5 minute or less drive.

We will be back!

Room Tip: The Cottage is the best room. There are also 3 or four efficiency rooms with little kitchenettes...