Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has reason to believe that this property requires its guests to sign a document in which they are forbidden from posting negative comments or reviews on any Internet site, under threat of monetary penalties. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans.

“Best place to stay for Big-E”

Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
connecticut
“Best place to stay for Big-E”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice during the Big-E, once in 2012, and again in 2013. We have already made our reservations for 2014. We own a few timeshares, and have gotten spoiled by having our own little apartment when we go away. We are therefore usually very disappointed when we have just a room. This was not the case with The Regency. The first year I booked it, I did it online. When we pulled up to the front of the building, I thought I had made a big mistake. It does not look like much from the outside, and I thought we were in for a rough couple of nights. The first thing that made me feel good was that we were shown to our room, rather than just told where it was. This was the first time I had experienced this, and it really is a nice touch. It makes you feel very welcome. The rooms are very large, they are spotless, and the tv's are all updated. However, the best thing about this hotel is the owner, BV, and how he makes you feel when you stay there. The first night we were there, we stopped and got a pizza on our way back from the fair. Little did we know that each night of the fair, BV provides dinner for anyone staying at the hotel. He chided us for getting the pizza, and said that no one in his hotel goes hungry. He knows that people get tired of fair food, so each night he offers something different for his customers to dine on. This was the first time I had seen this done, and it just shows how much he cares about his customers. The location is perfect, as you can walk right out the door, and down about a block, and you're at the gate of the fair.
I have recommended this to everyone I know, and as far as my husband and I are concerned, this is the only choice for the Big-E.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alriseb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New Rochelle, NY
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was my 26th year going to the Big E and my 4th year staying at Regency Inn & Suites when BV took over ownership. I'm almost as excited at seeing what's new at the hotel as I am going to the Big E. During the Big E I stayed at the hotel twice. For a total of nine nights.

The room was clean and towels were changed daily. There is a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker with coffee in every room. The mattresses and pillows are so comfortable I wanted to stay in bed. The flat screen TV can be seen from all angles in the room. The fitness center is not finished yet. They finally got approval to put up the exterior wall where the fitness center will be. In the mean time there is exercise equipment in what will eventually be a meeting room.

The food served is amazing. Continental breakfast with waffles, English muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, bread, fruit, coffee, tea, and juice. There is both iced and hot coffee and fruit available all day. During the Big E a different dinner is available for guests every night. They also have food for vegetarians. Some of the meals included sandwiches, pasta, meatballs, chicken, salads, pizza, and many other delicious meals. There was so much food.

Even better then the food and facility is the magnificent staff. The customer service is wonderful. The employees know the guests by name and cheerfully greet everyone.
On my first visit I was warmly welcomed by BV, Sue and Mega. On my second stay Sue and Nataliia checked me in. On both visits I was treated like family and not just a guest. I also met Akshar, Dika and Nawal (the cook). Everyone would chat with me and other guests. I consider all of them friends.

I already booked my stay for 2014. I can't wait to go back to see my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mary Ann M
New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have a large family so we generally stay at low-priced hotels. I generally don't expect much, but this didn't even meet that standard. We don't care about décor and things of that nature. We rented two rooms and one bed in each room had to be changed as soon as we got there. (There was blood on one of them) The hotel was filthy. I cut my foot on a nail sticking up from the floor. They didn't have four towels per room. When I say they didn't have them, I mean they didn't have them. They said they did not have enough towels in the hotel for more than two per room. We had to use each others towels. (good thing we are family) I truly do not understand what anyone could say positive about this hotel. The breakfast bagels were stale. Something like a chunk of mold came out of the spout of the juice container. It made my stomach flip and the next day I took my large family out to breakfast. I have stayed in similar priced hotels that were extremely clean and served good continental breakfasts. Literally, I would never go here again, even for an emergency. I would travel further or pay more. Disguising does not even begin to describe it. There were piles of swept up dirt around the pool that no one picked up, (for the whole weekend) and the cleanliness of pool was questionable, any cloudier and they would not have gone in. Be forewarned. I have never left a bad review for any hotel on trip advisor but I would like to save another family some trouble, especially if you have saved up for this stay.

Room Tip: If you want to choose a good room, try another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sheila D
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was so excited to find this hotel at a great price and available for a super busy weekend (The Equine Affaire) in November. I booked the room for 1 night, November 8th, in mid-September. However, something came up at work (a coworker couldn't get their visa so, last minute, I have to head to the UK for a conference), which we only learned on Oct 19th. On Oct 20th we called to see if we could cancel our room. The cancellation policy is 31 days, which I understand, however the hotel would have no problem selling our room the moment that it is available on the market. Still, the manager wouldn't make an exception. On the phone, he wouldn't even acknowledge the situation, but just kept repeating, "you read the cancellation policy." This is a small hotel (not a chain), so you'd think they'd want to make potential-repeat customers happy. Next year, when I'm looking for a hotel room to stay at during the Equine Affaire, I will certainly overlook the Regency Inn & Suites - they don't understand hospitality, flexibility, or customer service.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cordes15
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed for 1 night, the hotel has some flaws like what other travellers said who stayed in this hotel. We stayed in room 107 poolside and we noticed there is no ac and it was hot and no phone too. They lend us an electric fan and explained to us why there are no ac in all the rooms near the pool.
My daughter loved the pool. The room and bathroom are big and clean. New tv and the best of all new comfortable bed. (Simmons beautyrest). We all had a good sleep. The breakfast is good waffles, bagels, coffee, juice and etc

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

the good: clean, comfortable bed, front desk was wonderful
if we had kids, they probably would have liked the pool

But we did not have kids. We instead were two couple travelling. It was a good thing we had adjoining rooms. They had the extra chairs and the coffee maker. We had the only phone. They had the key card and internet code, we had the Jacuzzi. We both overlooked the very noisy pool, which made sleep impossible until it closed and the lights were turned out. We had to ask for towels (which were promptly delivered). Which leads me to the recently renovated bathroom. What were they thinking? (see photos of shower) There was a Jacuzzi, which I suppose would have been great if we had wanted a Jacuzzi. There was a very narrow shower stall, sort of. Sort of, since it had NO SHOWER HEAD ... that was over the Jacuzzi, about four feet up the wall. The shower stall made a great closet, since we had no other hanging space.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms that over look the pool avoid the Jacuzzi rooms
Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We are a group of ladies who look forward to our "Home away from Home" every year when we visit the Big E. We come from 4 different states and are consistently pleased with all aspects of the Regency Inn and Suites in West Springfield. It is managed beautifully. Bravo!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Hilton Garden Inn Springfield

Been to Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield? Share your experiences!