Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has reason to believe that this property requires its guests to sign a document in which they are forbidden from posting negative comments or reviews on any Internet site, under threat of monetary penalties. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans.

“Horrible!”

Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Boston, Massachusetts
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The owner is rude and obnoxious! There extra hidden charges and they are unreal! Booked the room on the internet and had no idea of all the extra charges, when trying to discuss this with the owner he became insulting and could only scream and yell at me! Horrible horrible service, I have never been treated so badly in my life. Three large events in town, and the hotel was not even close to full....I guess that says it all....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Zoe S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Moosehead Lake, Maine
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have stayed at the Regency MA for the last 2 years during the Springfield RV Camping Show each February. As an exhibitor, the days are long and the convenience of Regency MA to the exposition complex is very important to me and well worth it. The staff and owners are kind. They go above and beyond for their guests and even provide catered food in the evenings! The rooms are clean and comfortable. The rate is affordable. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Thank you!

Room Tip: I have stayed on the second floor facing the back parking lot and its very quiet.
1 Thank watergrl79
Kruger National Park, South Africa
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Travelling from South Africa we stayed in many hotels all over the USA. This is the first time we felt it truly worth while writing a review! We'll definitely book here again! The service was superb. Room was spacious and beds very comfortable. Location excellent - one block from the Expo Center. Staff were professional and very friendly. We were pleasantly surprised being offered supper every night - without any additional charge! In more than twenty years of travelling all over the globe, this definitely is the best over all experience we had! Our thanks to the Regency host and his staff that made our 2014 stay in the USA an unforgettable experience!

2 Thank WesselsC
Watertown, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here Feb 15th 2014 after attending the RV show at Expo Center. Chose it because it was a four minute walk from Expo Center. Didnt matter though with all the snow we parked at Expo Center. I am very picky and some of the negative comments almost put me off. If youre looking for a 4 star chain hotel, you will be disappointed. This is not the newest, best appointed hotel I have stayed at, but our room was very nice. One of the most comfortable beds I've slept on. Fresh fruit in the lobby, a wonderful self serve breakfast in the morning - included in your rate. My husband had a little difficulty with the waffle maker. He was immediately assisted my friendly staff. Had read in the reviews about dinner there but I thought that was just during the Big E. We went out for dinner and the lobby area was packed with people mingling and eating. I will definitely stay here again. Didnt get to use the pool but hope to next time. Thank you Regency for your great hospitality!

Room Tip: We were in 110 which is an executive king. Great tv, small fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ntngale59
Henniker, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 February 2014

BV is a remarkable host with the highest regard for his guests. It is unusual to meet someone so focused on really caring for his guests. We were there as exhibitors at the Big E for three nights and what a surprise to return after the show each day and find supper prepared - for no additional charge. His staff is friendly and has adopted his eagerness to please. We truly felt welcome.

Room Tip: Room 248 is right over the stairs so you will hear a certain amount of coming and going...
1 Thank CMills M
Surry, Virginia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I can not say enough good about the Regency, the staff and my over all experience with
our stay there. The people go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. I travel
a few times a year with my family and stay in different places, but I have never been
treated as nice as everyone is at the Regency. I not only would highly recommend
this place to everyone, young and old, but I won't stay anywhere else when I am in that area.
We have been staying there for a few year's now and I can't wait for our next visit.
Very sincerely,
Cyndee Carroll from Maine

Room Tip: I have stayed in a number of their rooms and I like them all.But I like the front side room's
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Cyndee C
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 November 2013

At first glance a few things are a bit run down, but the hospitality makes up for it.
It is run by a middle eastern family (NOT a chain!!!) who make every effort to make sure you have everything you need.
The beds are comfortable, the linen is clean and the continental breakfast is generous.
For 2 years in a row now I have stayed there for Equine Affaire. I arrive on Thursday and leave on Sunday.
Every Thursday thru Saturday they serve a delicious supper! Not advertised!!!
Thursdays was a beautiful buffet with Chicken wings, dumplings, spring greens salad, pasta, meatballs and rolls.
On Friday they served Tacos with everything you can imagine to put into a taco! I don't eat tacos so we went out for Pizza. But then served a traditional Indian dessert. Sorry I don't remember what its called, but it was real good.
Saturdays we always visit the Monte Carlo, so not sure what was served that night.
I do wish the pool was open a bit later because by the time you return from your day out, have dinner and are ready to swim, the lights are going out. This equals very disappointed kids!!!

Room Tip: The room prices are a bit steep, but as for the convenience to the Big E, it can't be beat! The...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield? Share your experiences!