“Impressive...a true hidden jewel in West Spfld.”

Shallot Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Went to this restaurant with my husband for dinner one night (it was his 1st time having thai food). We decided to go hear after reading about all the good reviews here on tripadvisor.

Now we understand why! The food was great! We ordered a lil bit of everything off the menu. Miso soup, dumplings, sushi, mango chicken entrée, & to end it the fried ice cream for dessert. It was all so delicious! Great food for a good value. This has become our new spot to eat. My husband was so impressed with the food quality & taste being his first time eating thai food. We were not disappointed. I have brought other friends here and they too have become hooked with Shallot ;-) Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Food was cooked to taste. Mango curry excellent House wine great. Service with a smile. All in all a perfect meal.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

I have been to Shallot over a dozen times. The service is always fast and friendly. Their curry selection is wonderful. Crazy noodles, spicy green bean with tofu, and Thai basil noodles are my favorites. Salmon, excellent, green curry, the best, chicken Thai basil, savory and yummy! You can choose white or perfectly cooked brown rice. They will adjust hotness level to your taste. The food is extremely consistent. I have never had a bad experience here. I wished they had more appetizers that were Thai inspired. No alcohol is served.

Reviewed 26 October 2012 via mobile

Three of us decided to try this relatively new restaurant on Riverdale Rd. Huge menu so selecting our choices took a few moments. Our waitress was very willing to find out the answers we needed. We shared 2 apps. Mango roll & steamed dumplings. Both freshly made and tasty. My dinner choice was the special of the nite-a pumpkin curry which included fresh pumpkin, veggies including green beens, carrots, shrimp & chicken. Fresh & flavorful. The other 2 main dishes were sweet & sour chicken & seafood madness which we described as exceptional.
And the background music was classical which helped to create a calm atmosphere.
Enjoy !!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I begin to wonder how many people pad Tripadvisor ratings? I mean, and no offense, but a donut shop should not be rated on the same list as a sit down restaurant. I won't comment on the current 2nd place other than the service was really poor (as of Sept 2012).

That leaves me with Shallot Thai. Probably in the top 5 independent (not a chain) restaurants in West Springfield. Great Service, great food, incredible value for the money and ok ambiance. But we go for the food. The presentation was wonderful too.

For starters we had Chicken Satay (marinated chicken then grilled on skewers, served with peanut sauce and cucumber sauce)and Mango Roll (mango, cucumber, vermicelli, carrot, basil leaves and chop iceberg lettuce wrapped in rice paper), both had incredible flavor and taste.

I selected Pik King Curry Chicken for my entree and it was a treat! Pad Thai (with Chicken only) was the other one and half came home since the serving was decently large.

Thai custard was shared and a delightful way to end the meal.

So if you tire the the one million Italian restaurants found on every corner, try this Thai one for a change of pace.