“Great experience”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great experience”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed here with our kids for a quick overnight. The place was clean, the staff friendly, and it had everything we needed. Our room was quiet, we enjoyed the pool, and a quick walk to the On the Border next door. Breakfast was hot and delicious. Every staff person we encountered were friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: we had a one bedroom suite which was perfect for the four of us. The kids went to bed and we still c...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JMG73
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you so much for telling fellow travelors about your stay here at the Residence Inn, West Springfield. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you folks again soon. Have a wonderful weekend!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We are a family of 3 that stayed(for the second time) at the Residence Inn. We arrived early the day before Thanksgiving and expected a long wait for the room. We were delighted to have a room available and a free upgrade was a definite plus. All of the personnel that we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was wonderful and everything was so very clean. The DR area serving dishes had "shine on the shine" The breakfast offerings were very good. We were impressed.
The pool area also was very inviting and CLEAN. The water temp was great as was the whilrpool. We will definitely stay here again

2 Thank macdons
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Welcome back to the Residence Inn. We are happy to have had you as a return guest at our hotel. We are delighted that our hotel was able to meet the needs of your family for the 2nd time. Next time you are in the area, we at Residence Inn, would love for your to come for a 3rd time. Have a wonderful holiday season!
Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights on business travel. My suite was very functional. The room was well kept, the furniture starting to show age, but the staff very accommodating. The complimentary breakfast is very nice amenity. The fitness center can really only handle one person working out at a time due to its size. My only gripe is there seemed to be A problem with the TV signal in my room, and the picture would drop for about a second every few minutes. I'm also still not a fan of the bath sink being over a carpeted floor (is this a Marriott thing? It is the only brand I've encountered with that kind of layout) I would definitely consider staying here again if I came to the area

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rykberg
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give other travelers your feedback on our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the carpeting in front of the sink, I will share your comments with our corporate office. They take all feedback into consideration when it comes to improving our hotels. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here for three nights beginning on Thanksgiving night into Sunday. We were in town for the holiday and our son was playing in a three-day hockey tournament. The hotel is just a short trip to the ice rink.

When I checked in Thanksgiving night, the staff provided me with a room upgrade at no additional cost! I went from a one bedroom suite to a two bedroom suite! Very nice touch!

The room was clean and certainly enough space for two adults and one child. I noticed that the paper towel holder in the kitchen was not screwed in place on one side. I mentioned it to the maid who had arrived at our room to clean. When I returned later in the day it was fixed! Water pressure in the shower was nice and strong. Some downsides to the room - it could use some furniture upgrades - not a big deal but it looked like some pieces have seen better days. Some of the room's wall paper and paint were in need of a touch up in certain sections. Some things to consider for upgrades include the convenience of a coat rack near the door entrance as opposed to the room closet. Also, it would be nice to have outlets built into the base of the nightstand lamps for easy device charging. I had to unplug the alarm clock so I could charge my phone.

A continental breakfast was included from 7:00-10:00 AM. Standard fare included scrambled eggs, sausage patties, home fries, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruits, assorted bread/bagel and juice/coffee water. Also free newspapers were available. Something for everyone!

The pool area was a decent space with tables and chairs. Pool was average sized along with a nearby jacuzzi. I did not use the gym but heard it was small but functional.

The common area was relatively small but nicely staged with a big flat screen TV, fireplace, tables and lounger chairs.

This is a pet friendly hotel - I didn't hear any noisy 4-legged or 2-legged guests during my stay.
All of the staff, front desk, food service and cleaning were very friendly and helpful. The staff allowed the boys to play knee-hockey in the conference room which was a great piece of space for them to be loud and play their games without (hopefully) disturbing the other guests.
While the weather was not super warm, the hotel did have a nice tennis court and outdoor patio for use during warmer weather.
It is located near many shops and restaurants. The location, while not the fault of the hotel, it quirky and difficult for a GPS to locate. Once I found it, the remainder of the stay was simple in and out.

Overall, a very nice stay staffed with caring, attentive and friendly employees.

I would certainly come back to this hotel.

2 Thank Suzanne_July
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful in depth review. It was a pleasure having your team staying with us. We hope that you will stay with us again when your team has a tournament in the area.
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times in the past, it's a great property with lots to like. Comfortable beds and spacious apartment-like rooms, two flat screen HDTVs and a full kitchen, laundry on every floor, nice pool & gym and a hot breakfast every morning - great! One thing that's changed is the growing number of four-legged guests, I've noticed more and more dog owners staying here and at the Red Roof Inn next door. This isn't bad however; I haven't heard one bark, the owners are very nice and the hotel staff go out of their way to ensure all guests and happy (yup, even Fido). So if you have a pet or just need a great hotel that's affordable and conveniently located this may be the place for you. I know I'll be back, cheers!

Recommended ++++

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tom M
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear valued guest, Thank you so much for your review. I see that you stayed with us recently during the dog show at the expo grounds. If you saw more four legged friends than usual, it is because they were competing at the Big E, just 4 short miles away. We are happy to host a few dog shows a year. As you stated, the owners of the dogs are very responsible and keep barking to a minimum. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again soon.
Aaronsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My family of 4 stayed here to visit some area attactions-Basketball hall Of Fame & Science Museum-and we had a wonderful stay.The room was clean and spacious.The kitchen helped have the whole family here we were able to bring a lot of stuff.I think some furnature updates would be great but the cleanliness makes up for it.The check-in and out went very quickly the staff seems to be right on top of things.They too were very accommodating.We'll be back next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy R
Dear valued guest, we are so pleased thatyou enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait to see you,and your family again on your next visit to West Springfield. Happy holidays!!!
Maine
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was the first time we have stayed at a Residence Inn. Very good facility. I loved having the kitchen area and the extra space. The room and facility were clean and fairly comfortable. The staff were very friendly. Jamal was extra helpful tracking down extra pillows during a pillow shortage and the kitchen/breakfast staff were accommodating and efficient. It was great to have a morning paper and breakfast each morning.
There were some cons. Our room had the nosiest bathroom fan I have ever heard. It should be replaced. Like in other reviews I felt the furniture in the room was too worn and kind of embarrassing. This is a small thing, but the glass on our entrance door from the parking lot needed a good cleaning. The sofa bed was great to have but its mattress was very thin and uncomfortable. The lobby/breakfast area fills up and needs more space. I suppose in the summer people can go outside in the picnic area, but designers should create more room for buildings in locations where its cold and you can go outside. I wasn't a big deal to go back to our room. Maybe trays for easier transport wold have helped?
Even with this, I would stay here again. It's hard to find without a GPS, really off the road and no sign down by the road so you really have to be on the lookout. But being up off the road made things quieter.
Overall a great stay. We'll stay here again if we are in the area again.

1 Thank dannop
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear valued guest,
As always, it is a pleasure to receive a review for our hotel. We are glad that you found your stay with us an enjoyable one. I am happy to hear that Jamal provided you with excellent customer service. I have shared your comments with him and he is very thankful for the mention.
Please know we understand that some of our furniture is showing some wear, and we are working on getting this matter resolved.
Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Residence Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!