“Fabulous employees..all went above and beyond in service”

Residence Inn West Springfield
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
austin texas
“Fabulous employees..all went above and beyond in service”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

All employees very helpful,, specifically,, Anya manager went above with service. Other special employees were Nic and Jamail.
We stay there several times a year,,, and their service is exceptional, better than even the Ritz Carlton in the same hotel .chain

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank designer21
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always. Having our service compared to that of Ritz Carlton is an absolute honor. Thank you so much, and we hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a cozy place to stay. They have amazing service and great rooms. You will enjoy your stay to the max. When you plan a trip make sure it here. They have a great pool, and amazing people working a great place for kids too!

Room Tip: Choose any room but best are the single bed rooms with a King or Queen. Great Breakfast no matter wh...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Roxi279
Tammy D, Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you so very much for staying with us, it was a pleasure having you here and we hope that you will visit again when you are in the area. Thank you for making us your home away from home.
miami
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The hotel was great for the 6 day period we stayed. However if you plan on using the pull-out bring a foam topper with you. I talked to the front desk about the condition of the pull out and they had no solution for me. They provided an extra blanket to try and help the situation but it was still uncomfortable. Finally after a few days I found a big lots and bought a twin foam topper so that the pull out would be bearable.

If your only planning on using the queen bed in the one bedroom suite your good to go.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greyhound14Miami
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Residence Inn, West Springfield. I know how important sleep quality is, and I am so sorry that we were not able to provide that for you with our pull out sofa. We will definitely be looking into possible solutions for this. I hope that you will not let this matter deter you from a future stay with us. We would love to have you back as a guest when you are in the area again. Please feel free to contact me at the property if there is anything more that i may do for you. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Clean, comfortable and friendly. We stayed at this hotel for two nights while attending a convention at the Mass Mutual Center. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were very clean, and the mini kitchen was a great help to prepare for our longs days. We had the studio room and it offered plenty of room for our family of three to spread out. Every staff member I encountered was polite and friendly. The night desk manager offered us suggestions for a restaurant delivery when we returned late on a very rainy evening and was too exhausted to go out. The food and delivery service worked out great! Thank you Residence Inn!

p.s. They do accept dogs at this hotel for an additional fee and for the first time ever we brought our puggle along and it worked out great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wjjtravel
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. Have a wonderful day!
Lynnwood, WA
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel is off of a divided road, so you have to make a u-turn to turn onto the the hotel access road, but the hotel itself is nice, the bed is comfortable, the check in clerk was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was as nice as any residence inn I've stayed at.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank axm
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. Have a wonderful day!
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2014

As a consultant, whose travels can range from one and two week engagements to multi-month contracts, my first choice in hotels has evolved to become Residence Inn. My experience at their West Springfield inn has been typically excellent.

My essentials in business travel are: reliable, convenient, and free WiFi connectivity; a peaceful and noise-free environment; a comfortable bed; clean and hygienic rooms and common areas; a reasonable commute to the office; and a friendly and responsive staff. My next level expectations are: a decent workout room (with an elliptic machine); availability of a hot (free) breakfast; good water pressure; soft (fluffy) towels; and decent free TV service. Residence Inn, West Springfield, fulfills all my essentials and my expectations.

In addition, they provide decent (free) dinner options two to three nights per week, including healthy choices. They also have a pool large enough for lap swims and a hot tub that is kept hot instead of tepid - bravo! Since I travel so much, I have more than my share of restaurant food, and I often prefer to cook my own meals. The kitchens in RI rooms are equipped well enough for me to prepare my favorite meals. I was even able to prep my chili which won a client's chili cook-off.

Finally, I cannot emphasize enough how friendly, professional, skilled, and determined to keep you happy that the West Springfield staff is. They take our well-being to heart.

For what I do and for what I expect, there is no better accommodations for business travel than the West Springfield Residence Inn.

- Mike K.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a view of the woods (no parking lots). If you know that you will be ret...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Mike K
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
I can not express enough, my gratitude for your detailed review of our hotel. We strive to provide the excellent service that you described. When someone, such as yourself, takes the time to let other travelers know about your great experience with us, it makes all of our hard work worthwhile. Thank you again!
Mexico, Maine
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This Residence Inn had a friendly front desk staff, as well as clean and spacious rooms! The furniture in the rooms were a little worn. This was the average hotel experience, with some negatives preventing it from being a superior hotel experience. We had three adults in our room and housekeeping only put two large towels in there for the morning. The next day we left a note for the housekeeper saying how many towels we would like and they wrote us a note back saying to "call the office after 4 P.M. for extra towels." We felt like we were told to get our own towels, which is not very good customer service. We heard people above us throughout the night, sounded like kids running around. The buffet-style breakfast was not up to par. Half of the time food was empty, and it would take a good 15-20 minutes for it to be replaced. When trying to make waffles, there was no spray to coat the waffle maker, making the waffles stick to the maker. When we asked the lady in charge of breakfast she told us the waffle maker only needs to be sprayed once a day and that she cannot leave the spray out, which is NOT correct. It needs to be sprayed every time you make a waffle. The lady in charge of breakfast was rude, telling people not to do this or that. We will most likely not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ashley D
GMRIWS, General Manager at Residence Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for writing a detailed review, expressing your concerns. I would like to start by saying, thank you for choosing us for your stay. I do apologize for the note left in your room, if you could please contact me I would like to know what room you were in, as this is not standard practice and I would like to address that with the housekeeper.
Regarding the waffle maker, she was correct in stating that we are only to spray it one time. The waffle makers are a little different than those used at home and we have a special spray that should not be used before every waffle. The waffles do slightly stick to the maker but are easily pulled off with the tongs that we provide. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.
We hope that you will choose us again in your future travels. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Residence Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!