“What a pleasant surprise...”

Residence Inn West Springfield
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Athens, Georgia
“What a pleasant surprise...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2005

My father booked a room for us at the Residence Inn using his Marriott Points. I expected a clean, no-frills experience. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the hotel was kept and how welcoming the staff was. Our room was well-maintained, and we were left a snack of cookies and popcorn. Although we didn't, the kitchen was more than adequate to prepare meals (range & microwave - no oven). The bed was a bit stiff for me, but we didn't hear anything outside our room. The hotel has a fitness room and lovely pool area with jacuzzi. Buffet breakfast is available every morning in the lobby- plenty of room to sit and relax. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, breads, bagels, cereal, juices, coffee, milk, and make-your-own waffles were on the menu. Checking in and out took seconds. Only complaint is that the elevator had a tobacco smell to it. I would certainly stay here again, and it would be an excellent bargain in you are traveling with children.

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank ScrapKAT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Newport, RI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2004

I was appalled at the condition of the guest room. Large amounts of black mold in both bath tubs, tremendous amount of dust and dirt build up on air conditioning vents, large bleach stains in carpet, fireplace did not work, gouges in wall in one of the bedrooms. I brought the situation to the attention of the front desk. Michelle from the front desk came to our room to witness our sitings. The first thing she said was "Oh my god, that is gross!" My feelings were the same. There was no offer to correct the problem from the line level, the supervisor level, and the asst. GM level. Left my business card for GM to contact me. I have still not received a call. The staff at the hotel were friendly. However, no ability to resolve customer complaints. I am a devoted Marriott customer, but no longer a Residence Inn, West Springfield, MA customer!

7 Thank hotelguy0805
MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2004

Have just come back from my 3rd stay here - I've stayed a total of 20 nights to date and have to struggle to find fault with this place - well it sticks to the usual Marriott standard of quality and consistency of experience.

My only (and I mean my only) gripe is that the breakfast experience at weekends is not as good as Monday-Friday. The staff are different and don't seem to care whether everything is out and ready. I found myself having to ask for a whole bunch of things that were standard during the week - basics like ketchup, cutlery and pepper! Also the metal cutlery and porcelein plates were hidden away in favour of plastic ones. Makes the whole thing seem like a kids' tea party, not to mention the damage to the environment! C'mon Residence Inn - sort it out!!

• Stayed August 2004, travelled on business
2 Thank Tony449
massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2004

Excellent place to stay. Everything was clean and tidy. The pool and whirlpool were nice, and there's even a basketball court outside that my husband and son enjoyed. The breakfast was ample and decent. The staff was excellent.

5 Thank leftwing
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2003

This was a great motel. Very clean and very new. It had two bedrooms and baths for one great price. The only thing that made me unhappy was the charge of 75.00 to have a pet. Otherwise, I would recommend gladly.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Residence Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!