“last min find.”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Springfield, Massachusetts
“last min find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Herd from a friend who had stayed here so I went after my house had a bad hot water heater that left my cellar flooded, I stayed here was very nice, the renotions looked great.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice,, easy to find right off the highway, just behind Hooters..
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Ocean, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

We needed a place to stay overnight on our return drive from Vermont to NJ. This was in the middle of fall season and every hotel in this region was expensive. This was relatively cheap.
The rooms were very untidy. The worst part was the mattress and pillow. It was stinking :-(

Better avoided unless you have no other option.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
eojnitram, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest;
I am very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I am happy to report that since the fall our hotel has become 100 percent smoke free and all of our rooms are currently undergoing a full renovation.
We hope that you will give us a chance to better serve you in your future travel needs.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Spent one night here enroute to Cape Cod. Good rate at $67 for the night, we had asked for a ground floor room due to having a pet and wanting to unload some boxes to store safely overnight. The front desk staff accommodated us with a room that was probably bigger than most due to the fact it was designed for the physically disabled.
Bed was comfortable, large bathroom and older style tv but with a reasonable selection of channels.
There is a Hooters restaurant next door but within a 2 minute drive you are at the Riverdale shops where you can find various restaurants including a Chili's and also a large Costco.
Check in and check out were nice and easy. Also liked the nice touch of being given a couple of bags for our dogs waste etc.
Very comfortable for a one night stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I had to be in Springfield after the October snowstorm, and my original hotel lost it's power the morning of my arrival. Red Roof had room for me!

My room was clean, bed was comfortable. When soap/shampoo was missing, it was cheerfully provided. They were especially accommodating when I learned, at the last minute, that I needed to stay another night, and were able to put me in the same room I had the 2 nights before.

It's Red Roof, it's no frills, but it was clean and comfortable. I'll have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

When I arrived I found that I had made my reservations for the previous day, in error. The lady at check-in ended up giving me the room at no-cost for that night because I was charged the previous day already. When I got home I found out I was charged for two nights. The manager sent em an e-mail to thank me for my stay and ended up fixing the whole thing for me. Very painless.

The room was clean, the lobby was pleasant, and I would have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone who is looking for an inexpensive overnight accomodation.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank aaronmhuotari
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Why anyone would give this a good review is beyond me. Stayed here in the spring for Business, my bed had hair all over the sheets and pillows, as did my roommates. the floor had clearly not been vacuumed in weeks and the bathroom was dirty as were the towels. Called to be moved only to have them come change the sheets, when in front of the two us and a coworker we saw that the mattress pad had a GIANT new blood stain. The housekeepers looked at each other like 'oh shoot they saw' and they ran to get a new one. the new sheets were also dirty and they again refused to move us. Horrible, horrible experience.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank j m
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel when I visit the Big E. I took advantage of the Red Roof senior fares and stayed three nights. I went for the slightly more expensive King Bed room and was happy I did. It bought me a room with a small fridge and microwave so I could keep my drinks cold without traipsing to the ice machine. Unfortunately, there was no upgrade on the bathroom. All the rooms here have very tight bathrooms, and the King was no exception. Housekeeping did a decent job of making the bed, and changing the towels, but were less observant when it came to dirt accumulating behind the toilet, or vacuuming the rug. The wifi access is not the greatest, but it's free. One of the things that brings me back here is the shuttle/Big E admission deal every year. I can leave the car at the hotel and catch a shuttle a few steps away to take me to the fairgrounds. It's a great deal, and there's no need to fight traffic. They should advertise it more on their webpage.
All in all, if you are coming to the area to shop or tour the area, this place is convenient, relatively clean, and will not burn a hole in your wallet.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank VEC24
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!