“OK but probably better in the area”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Well you get what you pay for. We got a room, but had to move once due to a dead bedbug found on the floor which kinda freaked us out. Very cheap, but (besides the bug) pretty clean room. Service was alternately rude and helpful. There's probably better in the area but prob more expensive too. One plus was the retro donut shop across the street which has been open since the 50s at least.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear valued guest,
It is with regret that I find out that your room was not up to our typical high cleanliness standards. Please accept my sincerest appologies. Regarding the insect that was found in your room, we have just completed our hotel wide inspection and have not found any bedbugs.Within the hotel industry these kinds of inspections are crucial in prevention and early detection.
The area is prone to beetles and boxelder bugs this time of year and with our hotel having the convenience of outdoor access rooms, unfortunately sometimes they can fly into the rooms. We do our best to make sure that we remove any such critters when we find them. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you give us a chance to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night on our way to Lake George, NY. This hotel was very clean and in a great location. Plenty of restaurants around. Check in was fast. Bed was comfortable and the coffee maker in the room for the morning was an added bonus. It is a small "keurig" typer coffee maker.

1  Thank jayne1211
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This motel/inn is a great buy! Our spacious room was newly remodeled and had a king bed, microwave and refrigerator, flat screen TV, and a great shower. All this for only $70.00! The room was spotless and the staff were friendly and helpful. It is located on a main street, but the motel is set back, so it is quiet. Restaurants are plentiful on Rt. 5, but you have to drive for down the road for breakfast, but the IHop is minutes away. The only thing that would make it complete is a pool. We have stayed at Red Roof Inns before, and I would definitely book again!

Reviewed 16 July 2012

My boyfriend and I recently attended a wedding in Northampton Mass. The hotel where the wedding was being held was a little pricey so we decided to book at the Red Rooof Inn. Although it was 10 miles away it was only HALF the price ! We arrived late and hungry. To our convenience the hotel is located in the same parking lot as Hooters and Five Guys . Check in was speedy and our room was fantastic. I wasn't expecting mmuch ffor the price hnestly. I was very much surprised when we entered. The room was already nice and cool when we arrived so no waiting for the AC to work. It was also VERY clean ! House keeping was on top of things and we had fresh towels every morning. I have no complaints and would book again !

Room Tip: We chose the superior king room. It was only $10 more a niight and came with a fridge and microwave.
2  Thank Dani K
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is definitely an excellent and a reasonably-priced lodge to stay at in the Springfield area without paying an arm and a leg. Some folks might complain that the room doesn't have all of the amenities (such as refrigerator, hairdryer, swimming pool...etc.), but those are things that I wouldn't consider necessary for my one-night stay in the area. The room where I spent the night was clean, comfortable, and big enough for my daughter and I. The bathroom, though a bit small, had good shower and was very clean. The staff members were very helpful and easy to communicate with. The only slight imperfection was its location - right next to a Hooter's. But even so, it wasn't a big deal. It's definitely a very convenient place right on Rt. 5 and within minutes to Springfield, Mass Pike and I-91. Oh and don't forget to visit the Donut Dip across the street - it was such a nice bonus for us :). I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My superior king is roomy, clean(including the a/c filter, allergy and asthma-sufferers), and comfortable. The front desk staffer was courteous and efficient and helpful with future reservations. I booked another room for August already. I'd recommend this to anyone wanting a room clean, comfortable, pleasant, and affordable.

Room Tip: King superior nonsmoking room is terrific. No elevators, so ask for first floor if need accessibili...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

It's just a little bit outside of Springfield but located on a road with many chain restaurants within walking distance so quite convenient to grab a quick bite. The rooms appear to have been recently renovated and look great. Two minor complaints: the sink, located outside of the actual bathroom in the main living area, is on a raised shelf and sort of awkward to use for someone of below average height (5'7") so I can't imagine how a child would use it. Also, from walking around the room on the pergo flooring, my socks turned black on the bottom so we didn't see dirt but my socks showed it. Despite that, I would definitely stay again as the price was very reasonable (go through the hotel's website, not any travel site, for the best price) and room was very quiet, dark, and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!