“Newly remodeled, clean rooms”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
“Newly remodeled, clean rooms”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night on our trip to Cape Cod. I am extremely picky about hotel rooms and I usually come equipped with my own sheets and pillows. I always read reviews to find a clean place. This Red Roof Inn has newly remodeled rooms and was very clean. I didn't have to use my sheets that I brought! I would definitely reccomend staying here. It is close to a lot of restaurants so you won't go hungry. I was dissapoited they wouldn't take the coupon I got in the coupon book from the rest stop. The rooms are very small, but was fine for my husband and I. The price was reasonable overall and I would stay there again. Thanks for a clean hotel room!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My husband and I had to stop in Springfield for one night en route to New Hampshire so we picked this spot for the value and its location close to the highway. For what this is, it's a great deal and our dear pooch was welcome at no extra charge. I read some of the older reviews and I can assure readers that the hotel/motel no longer resembles its previous version. Our room looked brand new, clean, and though it didn't have a minifridge, it provided everything we needed for the night. We even stepped across the road for a quick bite at Hooters, which was surprisingly decent. Staff at check in and check out were very friendly. This is certainly no luxury spot, but recommended for basic, clean, safe accomodation.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear valued Red Roof Inn guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to share your feedback with us. We hope you choose us again in your travels.
Laconia, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I definitely would stay here again as the rooms have been updated recently and I found the room to be clean and a good value for my money based upon comparative hotels in the area during my stay there. The only bad thing was that the front desk service was sub-par. I, myself, work at a very large resort at the front desk so I am especially interested in customer service when checking in/out and during the stay. I was not impressed with the person who assisted me at check-in whatsoever! I had asked for a frig in the room due to having special dietary needs and I was at the beginning of my 2-1/2 week trip so I had a lot of food that needed to be kept cold. I was not accommodated in any way with this request NOR the request to be on the first floor since I had so much stuff to carry in from my vehicle. Again, knowing how the hotel industry works in general, I was very disappointed by the service at the desk. However, the housekeeping staff was very pleasant and helpful during my stay. Something I did also find odd was that there are absolutely no hair dryers in the rooms! As I previously stated, I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Red Roof Inn Guest,
We are happy that you found our rooms clean and comfortable, and that you would choose us again when traveling. Please note that we do have rooms with micro fridges. Our deluxe 2beds and our Superior kings include the micro fridges, for just a few dollars more than our standard rooms. We unfortunately do not have spares on site if you do not book a room that includes one, I apologize if the front desk was not able to resolve this to your satisfaction. It is my hope that we can serve you better in your future travels. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.
Islip, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I drove from Long Island NY, for a Funeral on 08/05 arrived at 2pm the girl working at that time would not let me check in until 3pm even though I needed to get ready for my Aunt's Wake at 4pm, once 3 came I went in lobby to see her checking in a party of 10 for the next day...I was upset to say the least, and she could tell I was annoyed and was happy to remind me that check in wasn't until 3pm again. Thank goodness for the young lady starting work at 3pm who took over from where miss nasty had started and was able to get me to my room quickly. Wait not so fast on thinking everything was ok, The room the women who had started my check in happen to picked a nice room with an A/C that had no working compressor so now as I'm trying to get ready as fast as I can to make this wake by 4pm I am unable too, I could not stay in that room one minute longer way to hot, so called the front desk and the Nice young lady who finished the first lady's job had someone at my room within minutes to check A/C he stated thats as cool as it will get and was he and young lady who started working at 3pm were more than happy to get me into a room with a working A/C to my liking. Once able to go and then return later that even it was so wonderful to walk into a nice cold room. So really my only complaint would be not to get there before the 3pm check in if Miss Nasty is there or just hope you get the wonderful young lady I believe her name was (Connie or Colleen) not to sure but she was very helpful and pleasant. The Rooms are beautiful and well kept and for the little money I paid for the 1 night and also last minute booking, I got more than my moneys worth. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend anyone coming from out of town to try the place you'll be pleased...P.S. just make sure Ms. Nasty isn't there :o)

Room Tip: It was a nice place just stay away from room 254 A/C doesn't work well :o)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn West Springfield for your travel needs. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your early check in request. Many people took advantage of our convenient noon check out time on a sold out Saturday and the housekeepers were working hard to turn rooms over as quickly as possible.
Having spoken to the guest service representative that was on at the time of your check in, she did mention that your group wanted to stay together and the rooms we did have available at that time were not in your desired location. She would also like me to extend her appologies to you if you felt that she was not doing all that she could to get you in. Behind the scenes she was working with the housekeepers to get your rooms done sooner, so that your group could check in and all be together in your time of mourning. Please accept our condolences in the passing of your family member, and it is our hopes that the next time you are traveling this way, you will choose us again. Best Regards,
San Diego, California
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Well you get what you pay for. We got a room, but had to move once due to a dead bedbug found on the floor which kinda freaked us out. Very cheap, but (besides the bug) pretty clean room. Service was alternately rude and helpful. There's probably better in the area but prob more expensive too. One plus was the retro donut shop across the street which has been open since the 50s at least.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,
It is with regret that I find out that your room was not up to our typical high cleanliness standards. Please accept my sincerest appologies. Regarding the insect that was found in your room, we have just completed our hotel wide inspection and have not found any bedbugs.Within the hotel industry these kinds of inspections are crucial in prevention and early detection.
The area is prone to beetles and boxelder bugs this time of year and with our hotel having the convenience of outdoor access rooms, unfortunately sometimes they can fly into the rooms. We do our best to make sure that we remove any such critters when we find them. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you give us a chance to better serve you in the near future.
Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night on our way to Lake George, NY. This hotel was very clean and in a great location. Plenty of restaurants around. Check in was fast. Bed was comfortable and the coffee maker in the room for the morning was an added bonus. It is a small "keurig" typer coffee maker.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jayne1211
connecticut
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This motel/inn is a great buy! Our spacious room was newly remodeled and had a king bed, microwave and refrigerator, flat screen TV, and a great shower. All this for only $70.00! The room was spotless and the staff were friendly and helpful. It is located on a main street, but the motel is set back, so it is quiet. Restaurants are plentiful on Rt. 5, but you have to drive for down the road for breakfast, but the IHop is minutes away. The only thing that would make it complete is a pool. We have stayed at Red Roof Inns before, and I would definitely book again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!