“A budget motel that did not disappoint.”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I needed a budget place to stay 2 nights in the area and this fit the requirement. I was not disappointed with what I got for the price. Room and bathroom was basic but clean. I stayed in the (newer?) 2-story part of the motel, that, while it is away from the parking lot, the window that faced the road let in more noise than I expected. Raj (proprietor) at front desk was very nice and accommodating for a handful of requests, and he was kind enough to call (without being called) when the cable and internet went out for a brief period to advise of same. Flat-screen TV.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank vita_bene
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

I appreciate your comments on your stay with us. At Red Roof Inn we are looking to deliver a mid scale experience at an economy lodging price. In your case we did that. If there is a problem, we like to keep our guests informed. We have a completely renovated hotel and our staff is here to make sure all of our guests have a positive experience while they stay with us. I look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Wanted ground floor but got second floor of a nearly empty motel.
Nice clerk,quick check in. Rook was clean and looked newly done.
Disappointed No pen and paper, no tv listings for area, broken ice machine, no info for local dining. I had read on Trip Advisor prior to visit that there were many decent rests. In area. While we do not expect big breakfasts in all motels a measly cup of coffee does not cut it with a well known chain as Red Roof.
Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Read reviews carefully and take an average what people say. We all have different expectations.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heinz3674
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

I appreciate your comments and am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated room, even though we were not able to accommodate your first floor preference. Many times it is the type of room you requested that determines if you will get first floor. Some room types are limited. We always do our best to try and honor a guests request as much as is possible. Even though we look slow many people stayover and a particular room type may not be available on the first floor. Red Roof Inn is an economy lodging hotel and therefore we do not offer many of the amenities that other higher priced hotels offer. This way we can keep our prices competitive and offer an excellent value that in many case can pay for very nice meals at some of our many nice restaurants. We always have suggestions and some menus at the front desk when a guest wants a nice restaurant to enjoy fine dining. I do hope that you consider staying with us in the future and give us another chance to show you that we can be your lodging of choice while in our area.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Reserved a specific room type, ground floor executive king, 4 months in advance of a 6 night stay. We were assured that type of room when the reservation was made. I have stayed here many times while on business in the area. I called the front desk the day before arrivial and confirmed that they were holding the type of room for me. Upon arrivial the clerk at the front desk said that they did not have that type of room available, since she came on shift. I asked about the previous days confirmation. Sorry was the answer. Management had assigned the rooms as they felt.

Stayed two nights and left as I had to wait for arrivial of a shipment to the hotel. From now on, this Red Roof's management is Lousy, I will not be back. Lots of other guests who were checking in were also not getting what they wanted.

Please check out the new promotion by Red Roof, 15% off your stay if you have a pet staying with you. How many animals slept on your bed at Red Roof. I not into pet infested beds.

Room Tip: Find another location or if you stay do not depend on what they tell you is your confirmed reservati...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank mas4467
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your response on your most recent stay. I do apologize that you were not able to get the first floor room that your requested. During September there are two major events in the area. the Brimfield Antiques Show and the Eastern States Exposition, or The Big E. During these events the availability of first floor rooms is limited as vendors from these events stay all week.

When the front desk clerk assigns rooms we do our best to accommodate all requests. First floor is very hard to accommodate since many vendors like first floor. We do however honor the room type that you reserve. For whatever reason when you checked in maybe that particular room type was not clean at the time you arrived but would have been available after all rooms were cleaned for the day. We do our best to honor all requests and I apologize that when you arrived you did not get the first floor room that you requested. I do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Excellent Hotel. Pleasant renovated rooms. Friendly staff at front desk. Conveniently located with easy access to any place at Springfield MA. Quiet place but next to everything. Next to numerous shopping places and dinning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Shaikem
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Was reluctant to stay here due to negative reviews. Glad I did not listen to them. Stayed there for 4 nights. Came down for the Big E fair. I was travelling with another family member and asked for rooms close by. They gave us adjoining rooms which was perfect! No complaints about staff or the motel. We had a renovated room - laminated floors are great. Wifi worked good. Lots of hot water for long showers/bath. Good sized room. Lots of places to walk the dog to go to the bathroom. No noise issues. Very clean room. Was not afraid to go out after dark.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fivehuskys
Reviewed 22 October 2013

You know, there's just not a whole lot to say about this one. It's a room--a very small room--that smells like smoke despite the "no smoking" designation. It's inexpensive, so that's a plus. It's next door to a Hooters restaurant, which isn't a plus. Are you getting the picture? This wouldn't be my top choice for a return visit to the area, but it was fine for what it was.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Melvillean
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here only one night while traveling through the area- family of 4 and our experience was good. The rooms have been nicely remodeled with hardwood floors- (no stained gross carpeting that we usually experience in budget places!) and it felt like a more expensive hotel rather than the usual "motor lodge" The rooms are entered from the outside but was a good location and felt "safe"-for the price it was perfect for what we needed. Room was clean- however there was no hairdryer in room- I don't usually travel with one as all hotels these days seem to have this as a typical fixture so I was a little disappointed but I did not call front desk so maybe they had some for use- I don't know.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank riverrat33523
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Howard Johnson Express - Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!