“Not at all what I expected, but in a good way”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
United States
“Not at all what I expected, but in a good way”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Clean and modern for a budget (a.k.a. Cheap) hotel. Only stayed 2 nights.

When I went to go book a 5 night stay the next week, the rates were much higher and was able to get a Hilton brand hotel for just a few $ more a night.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is very run down, and a little seedy (right next to Hooters). The key didn't open the first door we had, so we had to go back downstairs and get another room. We almost didn't get into the second room because the door didn't function (first it stuck, then we couldn't close it when we were in the room, though we were able to push on the bolt lock to close it, but when we left, we had to leave it ajar because the bolt lock wouldn't close. The bedspreads were stained and the room smelled stale. We didn't use the bedspreads and the blankets were very thin so we were cold. There was a lot of noise from the surrounding area.

I was really surprised at some of the good reviews here - which is why we picked this place. For example, one review says there are nice common areas and pool - neither exist!

Room Tip: This is a drive up motel style place. Don't pick a first floor room - you will here people gett...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank reiko30
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Decorated nicely , clean common areas , room and pool. Nice continental breakfast. Area seemed safe for west Springfield .Free parking and breakfast.Basketball court out front of hotel.Nice front desk staff on hand.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank OngieCat
Linden, California
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Another annual business trip made pleasurable by the Red Roof Staff, and the accommodations we had. Ava and the other front desk staff were TERRIFIC... both their personalities and attentiveness to our needs. Room and bathroom were super clean, as we expected... tops on our requirements for a hotel. One of the best Red Roofs we stay at. Thank you! We'll be back next year.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank traveler3179
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
I am pleased to read your comments regarding your most recent stay. Our whole staff is committed to providing exceptional service. We look to provide a clean comfortable room at a moderate price. I am happy we can be your lodging of choice while staying in our area. I look forward to your staying with us when your business brings you to our area.
Searsport, Maine
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn over the last couple of years when we've been in the area. We had previously stayed at another hotel and had a disappointing stay so we switched to Red Roof Inn and have been very pleased. At first we thought we would have to stay in Endfield Ct but the Reservationist at the main reservation number checked and was able to get us into West Springfield which is what we originally wanted. The staff was great, the room clean and close to the Big E!! Thanks again Red Roof Inn, hope to see you next year for the Amhearst Train show

Room Tip: We've stayed in a couple of different rooms over the last couple of years and other than normal...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank neotispainting
I am glad you were able to get a room with us close to the show at the Big E fairgrounds for the Railroad show. We really appreciate that year after year people stay with us while attending the Rail Road show. Our staff is always here to provide exceptional service to all of our guests. We provide a clean comfortable room at a moderate price. I hope to see you when you attend next years show.
Ashburnham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We've stayed here many times throughout the years on business and can say that the room was very good. We'd asked for a floor level room, due to my husband being on a dialysis machine and carrying up a flight of stairs, with all the accompanying equipment is a challenge. We did get the ground floor room, so we were fine.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jeanmtn
I thank you very much for your patronage over the years. I'm happy that we can provide a place where you can feel confident in our ability to deliver on our service. Our goal is to make sure your feel significant as our guest in offering a great product at a great price. I'm happy your delighted with our new rooms and great service. I look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you to our area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I needed a budget place to stay 2 nights in the area and this fit the requirement. I was not disappointed with what I got for the price. Room and bathroom was basic but clean. I stayed in the (newer?) 2-story part of the motel, that, while it is away from the parking lot, the window that faced the road let in more noise than I expected. Raj (proprietor) at front desk was very nice and accommodating for a handful of requests, and he was kind enough to call (without being called) when the cable and internet went out for a brief period to advise of same. Flat-screen TV.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank vita_bene
redroofinnws, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
I appreciate your comments on your stay with us. At Red Roof Inn we are looking to deliver a mid scale experience at an economy lodging price. In your case we did that. If there is a problem, we like to keep our guests informed. We have a completely renovated hotel and our staff is here to make sure all of our guests have a positive experience while they stay with us. I look forward to seeing you in your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!