All reviews donut dip big e room was clean motel style young lady stay there again coffee maker in the room dog show flat screen tv water pressure convenient location business trip stayed one night hooters springfield microwave border
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Room was remodeled and the flat screen tv was an added bonus. The location is near shopping,restaurants and all major freeways.the staff was courteous and very helpful.I must say the housekeeping staff was outgoing to meet our needs since we were traveling with pets and even gave us puppy pad.It is nice to know that some places still provide excellent service at affordable rates. We even extended our stay three extra days.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Robert E, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

John,

Thank you very much for the great review!!!! We do try our best to accommodate all our guests and their fury friends. As you know, we are pet friendly and we very close to one of New England's largest dog show venues (the Big E), plus many other great attractions. I will pass one your kind words to the housekeeping staff and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I was expecting a normal Red Roof hotel but this is a Motel style with the rooms open to the sidewalk which is bordered by Hooters back parking lot. Very noisy and not very clean. the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful but the room was more expensive than I would have expected for what it turned out to be.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Hi Rebecca,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm am sorry to hear you didn't think the hotel was very clean, I must admit it does tend to look that way in the autumn months due to the leaves and the wind tunnel effect we get by how the buildings are situated. Our facilities staff does use a leaf blower twice a day to combat them but it is a never ending battle. Our staff does work very hard to keep up with the needs of our inn and we do the very best we can. That being said, I wish you would come and see us in the spring or summer when all the flowers and trees are at their best. Springfield offers many attractions and is definitely worth the trip, so we hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

The bed was clean and comfortable, office staff pleasant. The air conditioner/heater unit housing was broken and noisy. Satellite TV went out during rain storm and was out most of the evening. Maintenance staff was smoking near a sign stating no smoking within 50 feet of building. Construction crews left at 5:00 am with back up beepers blaring.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Robert E, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Allan P.

Thank you responding to TripAdvisor on our behalf, and I do apologize for the AC unit and TV issues. I must agree with you when it comes to some of our AC units and I have been replacing the older units 6 per month. As for the satellite TV, I will make some recommendation's to our corporate office. I have the same system at my home and it is extremely annoying whenever heavy weather rolls through and the TV dies. What I'm most happy about is you caught my maintenance man smoking near the building!! You have no idea how much I will enjoy writing him up for this, I have spoken with the 3 smokers we have on staff and reiterated how utterly horrible it looks to have staff walking around with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths especially when we have a "no smoking" sign about every 15 feet. Maybe this will get the message through once and for all.
I'm not sure if you are aware of the many local attractions we have here in Springfield, but I'm going to tell you anyway! We are home to the largest fall festival in New England, "The Big E", the Springfield Armory Museum (a must for any history or military buff) and coming soon, the MGM casino and that is just to name a few. And when you do decide to come back, may I suggest signing up for our rewards program (Redicard), it's one of the most generous programs in the business and offers more than just free stays, but sign up to find out about all the great deals!!!

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you very soon!!!!!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Rooms are a little cramped but clean and neat, Double bed but comfy. Very close to Big E with dog shows and many other offerings. Outside could be a little nicer and it would be nice to have breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Robert E, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for the great review!! I would have to agree with you to a certain extent as to the room dimensions, some can be a little on the small side but we do have others that are quite spacious. Also, as I would love to offer breakfast, we just don't have the sanitary facilities to do so (adequate refrigeration and service area). All Redroof inns that were built to be Redroof inns were initially conceptualized to be economy lodging back in the 1980's and didn't have those types of facilities built in initially. However, some of the interior corridor hotels we acquired and rebranded do offer a great continental breakfast, but those hotels were built with kitchens and walk in refrigeration. With all that being said, we are very close to some fantastic breakfast places like IHOP and Donut Dip. Speaking of being close to things, as you already know, we are very close to the Big E, but we are also very close to many other attractions like 6 Flags, the new MGM casino, the Brimfield antiques fair and many more!! Your loyalty and business are the back bone of our business so we would love to have you back very soon!!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I stayed here for a dog show weekend with a friend. It was the 2 of us and 2 small dogs in the room (with 2 beds). With creative use of space, we had enough room to crate both dogs and still have the ability to move about the room. Not sure it would have worked so well if we'd had larger dogs!

The room was fairly basic, but clean. The beds were comfortable, there was a mini-fridge and a microwave in the room. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic.

There is a Hooters on one side, a Five Guys in front, and On The Border on the other side... all within walking distance, so meals were easy. We crated the dogs for a few minutes, walked to a resto and brought our food back to the room each evening.

The free coffee in the morning was a real plus, and better than your average hotel coffee (and much better than that available at the dog show!).

The location is within minutes of The Big E. There is a grocery store nearby, as well as lots of shopping, since it's location right in a main commercial district. Good to know, in case you have forgotten something.

My biggest complaint is that the staff needs to monitor the hotel grounds. I walked my dog around the property several times each day, and encountered beer cans, food wrappers/packaging and a Trojan box on the hotel property. Disgusting!! Definitely gave the property a "low class" feeling. Made want to look into staying at one of the other nearby hotels.

The door to the room was sticky, and there seemed to be a "trick" to opening it, which we seemed to figure out by the third day. Having said that, I watched people trying to gain access to other rooms having some of the same issues I had, so perhaps it's all of the doors!

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for the review and the constructive criticism! I do have to agree with you about the trash that ends up on the grounds. I've found that many people just put their trash on top of the receptacles' and not in them, then it just blows around. And others just have no respect for anything or anyone and just drop it where they like. That being said, our staff does need to do a better job of policing the grounds, as it is one of my pet peeves. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for all your needs and I do hope you will stay with us again. In the coming months we will be pushing hard to get a lot of our amenities upgraded, along with the grounds of the hotel itself. As you know, we are very close to the Big E as well as many other local attractions like the Brimfield antiques fair, the Springfield armory museum and the new MGM casino. I also hope you took advantage and signed up with our rewards program (Redicard) it's simple and free to sign up and you earn points with every dollar spent towards a free night or other great rewards. Your loyalty and business are the back bone of our business and we do hope to see you again very soon!!