“room dirty”

Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed 2 July 2010

The room had a large dirty spot on the rug. The upholstered chair's cushion had stains on both sides. I wouldn't sit on it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2009

We stayed here for one night and found it to be a good, clean, basic place to stay.

An older property, it appeared to have been renovated fairly recently. The rooms are not luxurious but were adequate for our short stay. The cost was just under $60, which was a good value for the product.

There are restaurants and mall shopping nearby. The front desk clerk suggested a restaurant called "Cal's" nearby and we had a good meal there.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2009

The motel was exceptionally clean with a very friendly and accommodating staff. We had a dog with us and the facilities and location were perfect. There was a very nice restaurant across the parking lot so we didn't have to leave the dog in the car while we ate. There was no problem with an early check-in, and all-in-all we had a very pleasant experience for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank readesmom
Reviewed 31 July 2008

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel during Equine Affaire at the Big E. The room was small, but esentially clean and neat. We were able to park close to the room (they all have outside entrances) to get in and out easily. We were surprised to find an older hotel looking clean and re-furbished. We will stay here again in the future. The only down side was they were out of rooms for the "discount price" offered with the equine affaire discount code and $99 a night is a lot for a 2 star hotel. If you are just looking for a clean place to sleep- this is it.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 May 2008

I have stayed here...this is my 3rd time in a year. Each time I stay for 5 days during Brimfield. I booked my reservation last year....and was quoted 63++ a night, but I got here and they let me have it for less after I asked since the sign said 59 a night out front. They have a new "business king" room which includes a microwave, a mini-fridge, and wireless internet....I think thats a pretty good deal these days. My room was clean, that staff unbelieveably friendly, and just plain a good value overall. I read a few other problems about cleanliness and there could be a "stale" smell....so I asked the front desk and even though this was remodeled not too long ago...they are re-doing it again. Also they are putting in all flat-panels due to analog t.v. going bye bye...which is good because my Grandma had one of these t.v.'s in the mid-90's....she was in her mid-90s too....LOL. There are lots of options food-wise....the Bsharas did away with their discount and I think I lucked out because I just eat one thing there that for sure is worth eating....their fried fish....it is A1...other than that I cannot say. The Mexican place is good next door too. You can also bring a small pet....which is how I started staying at RedRoof's. I can only say good things about RedRoof....it isnt the Ritz-Carlton, but I will keep the bucks and for the money....its tough to beat.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 6 May 2008

The hotel was renovated with the newly decorated Red Roof Inn decor. It looked nice, a little small but it was fine. The bedding had hairs in it like it hadn't been changed and the shower curtain had a huge snotball the size of a quarter. The room obviously wasn't cleaned. I complained to the front desk and the man at the desk just said "oh sorry", never offered any refund or anything. I called the Red Roof Inn corporate headquarters and a nice lady was very apologetic and offered a refund but in the end sent a voucher for a free stay. I know it may have been a fluke but I won't stay at Red Roof anymore- not even with a FREE voucher.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2008

The clerk at the counter was VERY pleasant, even at 1am.
The room was VERY clean, the bed was comfortable, didnt feel like I needed to shower after sleeping in the bed, ect ect ect.
only problem i had was with the tv! (couldnt get the remote to go to actual channel #s, had to use up/down buttons)

My only real disapointment was that i didnt get a chance to check out the mexican restaurant next door.

All in all, was a very nice place to stop over at!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Howard Johnson Express - Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield? Share your experiences!