“Not a horrible place to lay your head for a night...no bells and whistles at all...”

Red Carpet Inn West Springfield
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I rely HEAVILY on the reviews of others when booking hotels. Short of being at the hotel to see for myself, I take the word of others who have been there. My husband and I were in town for a concert and didn't want to travel over 2 hours home. So the night before the trip, I booked this room. Upon arriving, we saw that this was more of a MOTEL than a hotel. It wasn't the BATES motel. All the rooms have immediate parking lot access. The "office" to check in is very small. We asked for one of the better rooms when I booked the room. The gave us room #46 in the newer 2 story building. The room is just barely above average. It had 2 small double beds (we had a child with us). The beds were very hard and needed to be updated. I DID do a bed bug inspection and I did not see any. (that was the ABSOLUTE first thing I did once we walked in). The room also had a flat screen TV, bureau, 2 tables and 2 chairs, ironing board and mini fridge. The mini fridge was OFF and had defrosted, so there was water in the freezer tray. I would have thought they would have at least turned the fridge ON. There was no luggage rack or coffee maker. The amenities were scarce. There complimentary soap and shampoos were very cheap. (but does anyone really use it anyway? I always bring my own). After a while, we noticed that there wasn't a box of tissues, had to use toilet paper. The room didn't smell musty. The previous guests had used marijuana, that was all we smelled first off. Opened a few windows and that problem was solved. The bathroom was clean, the bedding was average. Pillows were decent. We do need to point out that the room did NOT have a security latch inside. Which I thought was unsafe since all rooms open to the parking lot. Oh, and the trash can in front of rm #46 smelled horrible. The "continental breakfast" was a tub of store bought mini muffins and a pot of regular coffee.

If you want extra's, this is not the place. If you just need to crash for a night or two and don't care for "extra's", than this is a decent place. The WIFI was decent too..not too slow.

If the owners / management invested a little in their property, this place would be a nice place to stay on a budget.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Croy0214
red560carpet, Manager at Red Carpet Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking time to write your review. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectation. Some of the things you have mentioned will get adjusted. I have already upgraded our checklist for things that need to be check at the end of cleaning rooms. We have already installed security latch inside. Trashcan gets emptied every day in the morning. So we have made adjustments and will continue to do so. I thank you again for taking your time to review. We take all our reviews seriously. We take pride in delivering excellent service to all of our guests.
We assure you that we are in process of upgrading this hotel next year.

We have already submitted paperwork to town of West Springfield. Next year our main goal is to upgrade this hotel. I would like to personally invite you to make a return visit next year and see the progress we make.

Raj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lyndeborough
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Very comfortable, clean, pool was clean, manager was very nice
Would recommend

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cleecarson1
New York
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We booked here based on TA reviews. I was meeting my cousin for a visit and this was a mid point for us. The rooms are all different and very clean.Some of the wallpaper was peeling at the edges, however it was super clean which is important. I had an extensive conversation with the manager who takes pride in the place and his own reputation.He deftly handled a group of surly people who wanted to check in. The place has an excellent inspection report.
It books fast on weekends due to proximity to Six Flags, so call agead and make a reservation.

massachusetts
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Loved this hotel. Stayed here for 7 nights July 23-30. The hotel is very clean, quiet and the owners are wonderful.. They put us in a big room since we were staying for a week (I didn't even ask). The pool is immaculate, lounge chairs and 2 tables with umbrellas and chairs. It is right on Route 5 but you don't hear any traffic, I was in a room facing the highway. There is every restaurant imaginable on Route 5. IHop and Arby's are next door, there are sidewalks so you can walk there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I will definitely stay here again in September when I am at the Big E. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

1 Thank MassachusettsLisa
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The room my boyfriend and I stayed in wasn't very clean, the bathroom sink had some kind of rubble in it, the shower was gross as well as the shower curtain. The bed had a sheet on it being used as a mattress cover so it didn't cover the corners of the mattress. I wasn't very pleased with my stay there.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Lovelyyc
red560carpet, Manager at Red Carpet Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear reviewer, Thank you for taking your time to comment. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. I have already notified my maintenance crew and they will look at it and resolve the problem. I have also shared this review with the head housekeeper and she will definitely make sure everything is done properly. Thank you for your review.

Raj Patel
Reviewed 24 July 2011

we were so happy with our room. It was cool and clean on a hot day and the owner could not be nicer. We plan to go to go to the big e and will definitely come again.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Bigbingonana
Corea, Maine
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Nice, safe, clean, and convenient. The owner prided himself on providing a quality service to my family. In walking distance of the IHOP, and close to Six Flags. I highly recomend this hotel if you want a simple place to stay. The pool was clean and fresh and my kids had a great time.

2 Thank kipcod
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Red Carpet Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!