“a nice place to go”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Springfield, Massachusetts
“a nice place to go”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

ive been here multiple time and every time i had excelent cervice and it was always clean. the rooms are amazing and it is overall a nice place to stay. i would recomend it to anybody looking for a hotell to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I checked in to the Candlewood Suites in West Springfield MA on Feb 13th for 2 weeks. Upon my arrival i was greeted with a warm welcome. The staff was so friendly and personal I forgot that I was in a hotel.They knew me by name by the time i checked out. The young lady working the front desk was very polite. I am a priority club member and they had everything ready and waiting for me with a small gift bag (chips and water). The rest of the staff was nothing but friendly and helpful, the hotel was very clean and the bed was also comfortable. To top it off they even had a kitchen in the rooms, which saved me a lot of $ on eating out. I will defiantly be staying there again for my next trip, I've always stayed at an Hilton but this time I had my dogs, and the Hilton didn't accommodate them. From now on (even without my dogs) I'll be staying at the Candlewood Suits!

Room Tip: Free wifi/hbo/parking and laundry.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank john s
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I just wanted to bring notice to Dustyn and Ashley ..... not only were they extra friendly and helpful ,,,, they went out of their way to help with something that they absolutely did not have to... .my blackberry phone had messed up, and they took the time out to charge it and fix it. Needless to say I am a very satisfied customer!!! Thanks guys so much!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jessicastiwnter
kitchener
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I sleep about 100 nights a year in hotels all over NA. This hotel looks clean and up to date, but finding multiple different length hairs on all 3 pillows is NOT ok. Had to walk downstairs and ask for clean pillow cases.... staff didn't seem to care much.. just gave me a puzzled look.. "pillow cases huh?"
Seeing the cleaning person in the hallway with a check sheet but no cart for towels, sheets, supplies, etc. makes one wonder, are the towels clean, are the sheets clean? No wonder there was water in one Styrofoam cup and cigarette ashes in the other... what? that can't be! Not at $110/night, No! No!

In the 10 years i've been traveling for work, this is the second place this has happened at, the first was a $40 motel, which has prompted me to stay at brand name hotels.

Candlewood lost a repeat customer.

Room Tip: check the sheets and pillow cases.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Lancaster, California, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Customer service is in short supply at this hotel. The night manager was rude and indifferent when I asked him if he could contact the room above us about the running on our ceiling when we were trying to sleep. The regular manager never returned my call about this. Guest relations sent a basic "apologize for the inconvenience" e-mail after several weeks. No one at any level seemed interested in doing anything about the problem. Other than proximity to the Basketball Hall of Fame, I can't think of much to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Warren S
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I travel frequently for work. I look for hotels that are pet friendly and the Candlewood Suites was reasonably close and accepted pets. I always question the security and lighting at night as well because I tend to work long hours and then taking my dog out at night. I was told there was 24 hour security in the parking lot and the lighting was very good. I arrived at the hotel and immediately after entering the lobby I was NOT impressed. The hotel, overall did not feel friendly, inviting or clean. I went ahead and checked in and went up to my room, which I was pleasantly surprised seemed cleaner then the lobby. Nice sized, fair amenities. I went to take the dog out and when walking the parking lot I realized there were only 2 small patches of grass. One at the very back of the parking lot and one on the side of the building, very small and narrow, when I question mgmt about it they tell me the pet area is actually the patch in front of the hotel right next to the highway. None of the options is very safe. When I return that evening from work, I take the dog out, there is NO security, the lighting is very bad, and I feel very vulnerable and alone outside with my dog. Needless to stay I checked out of this hotel.

Room Tip: If traveling to West Springfield/Chicopee, MA stay at the Hampton Inn in Chicopee, MA.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Me64068
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Let's start with the staff, the heart of a hotel....they were all GREAT! Friendly, professional, and they understand Customer Service! Kudos to them.

Quiet and well appointed suite. If you travel with someone who snores you certainly appreciate your own room! This hotel is a smaller, quieter spot, but unbeatable proximity to The Eastern States Expo Center.

We have already booked for next year... Thank you one and all at The Canlewood Suites!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!