“Pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I traveled to Springfield for the MAAC Basketball tournament in March 2012 and booked Candlewood at the last minute because all the hotels in downtown Springfield were completely full. The hotel is on a busy route and the exterior and lobby were not impressive. Upon entering, I was sure we would not have a good stay. But that thought quickly vanished.

The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. I left my sunglasses on the front desk while checking in and no sooner did I close the door to my room than the front desk lady arrived at the room to return them to me.

Our room had two double beds with a kitchenette that included a full sized refrigerator (wish I had known!), two burners, coffeemaker, kettle, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, etc. I found the bed comfortable. The small table and chairs were nice and it would have been great if we needed to eat a meal there. The bathroom was standard; the shower head in our room could be replaced, as it was a little flimsy. Everything was clean.

Although the pool is a little smaller than the picture indicates, it was perfect for us. The jacuzzi is on one side and is attached to the pool. Water flows back and forth, making the hot tub cool enough for young kids to enjoy and keeps the pool a pleasant temperature. The control for the jets is on the wall, and we were able to turn them on and off.

The little store was convenient when we needed juice or ginger ale for a tummy ache ASAP! The prices for snacks were a little unreasonable; since there's a refrigerator, better to just bring your own, as we did.

The smell on the way to the pool and sometimes in the elevator was awful. We all had to hold our breath while passing the laundering facilities. Something I found disturbing was that the housekeeping service knocked on our door soon after we arrived asking if everything was fine in the room. Perhaps this is how they operate, but I would prefer not to be disturbed; I can contact someone if I need something. Finally, the elevator was incredibly slow.

Next year the MAAC Tournament will be in Springfield again, and although I'd love to stay downtown and not have to drive to the arena, I definitely wouldn't mind staying at Candlewood again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor room away from elevator was quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank xNYmomOf2x

Reviewed 4 March 2012

A perfect location for my business. The staff (Dustin) could not have been more helpful. He was professional, friendly, curteous and knew his job very well. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2012

During my relocation process, I stayed at this hotel. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly, especially Dustyn. I enjoyed my stay and would come back.

Room Tip: First floor room are convienent to the gym/laundry room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I am not one to write reviews for hotels but while my granddaughter was a patient at Shriner's Hospital my family and I recently stayed at Candlewood Suites in Springfield Mass. I found the hotel to be clean and very reasonable. There was a convenient "cupboard" right next to our rooms, where our two 11 yr old grandsons could go for snax or where we could purchase toiletries, etc. Nice pool for them to occupy some of the down time too. Upon checkoout I ran into a huge problem with my bank and my debit card and already stressed enough with my granddaughter's situation what could have turned into a nightmare (and had me in tears at the front desk) was actually resolved by an angel working the desk that morning. She could not have been more caring and understanding. If not for her I may still be stuck in Springfield. I am not sureI I can mention names here but thanks again NIcole!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the excerise room as it is open 24 hrs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank carletta26
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My spouse asked me why would I leave sunny Florida to go up north for Valentines, she discovered my secret getaway Candlewood..."Home away from Home". After redeploying from Military overseas missions, I was reccomended by a friend who stayed there 4 times, now on my 3rd trip..needs I say more. Staff, amenities...take my word..you never felt like you left home..Love it.

Room Tip: Away from elevators, less traffic by your door
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel was very nice, clean, and pleasant staff...definitely would come back, close to alot of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2012

ive been here multiple time and every time i had excelent cervice and it was always clean. the rooms are amazing and it is overall a nice place to stay. i would recomend it to anybody looking for a hotell to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!