“poor service and cleanness”
Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Ohio, Illinois
“poor service and cleanness”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed on 2/27/14 for two night the location is perfect its near easy access to and from the hwy 91. Front desk staff Nicole was great. Welcomed us with a smile and was able to answer all my question, Now housekeeping is a bit nasty rooms smelled like smoke towels had hair on them and furniture was damaged, during my check out i met a front desk manager/hotel manager Suesan and she was a bit bitter, very rude and not people friendly. over all id say my best part of my stay was checking in other then that this hotel could use a major upgrading on management and housekeeping.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Captinemike
Susan D, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for you comments I will certainly take them into consideration.

Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel is just ok. Room was clean except kitchen floor was a bit sticky and furnishings seemed a bit dated. Kitchen/Bathroom clean. Beds clean. Sofa bed was horrible. Heating system is a fan in the fall and is noisy running all night. Dog upstairs could be heard barking. Pool closed a bit early at 10pm. No restaurant in there, although there's an IHOP close by. I would rather have stayed at the Homewood Suites in Holyoke if I had known it was closer to the Conference that I had thought. It would've cost the same $$ but is a lot nicer, newer and has breakfast right there. For one night, it was ok. The front desk staff were very friendly and I couldn't fault them for anything.

Room Tip: Just ok, average.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Susan D, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
I am so sorry your stay wasn't to your liking. I will definitely see about what we can do to make our sofas much more comfortable. Thank you very much for your nice comments about the staff.

Sharon, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for the first time. The lobby was clean. The front desk staff was pleasant and welcoming. My room was clean, quiet and spacious. There was an indoor pool available for guests. Free Wi-Fi was also a nice amenity. I would definitely stay at this location again and recommend it enthusiastically.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maureen B
Susan D, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here and we look forward to having you here with us again!

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Been here twice already. I enjoyed my first stay and that was the reason I went back and stayed for another week. Clean and quite. Kitchen is good. The kitchen sink is quite small though. But that was okay. Fridge is huge. It has it's own ice maker inside, so you do not have to wind up looking for the ice station outside your room. Fire exits are at both ends of the building. Once thing I like about this place is that I can cook my food with all the necessary kitchen utensils available for use. Gas station, mall, fast food chain (if you like to have your meal here) are just nearby. Walmart is quite far though. It's about 15 min away from the hotel. No cigarette smell or anything like that. So far I would love to go back and stay at this place if I have the chance. I would certainly recommend as well to those who are traveling.

Room Tip: As usual, try not to stay near the exit doors. People who loves to use the stairs would probably wak...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GTCube
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I could not believe what a fantastic place this was, a wonderful home away from home with every convenience and comfort! Huge and spotless room (I had the queen/one-bedroom suite) with every houseware I could want -- full kitchen with pots, pans, toaster, microwave, stovetop, full fridge and freezer, dishes, silverware, salt, coffee maker and coffee, dishwasher (detergent included), etc., giant granite dining table/counter top connecting kitchen and living room, large TVs with HBO, Showtime, ESPN, and other premium channels in both rooms.
Spacious bathroom. DVD player. Fast, free wireless. Thick towels. Tons of closet and storage space. Desks in both rooms. Very nice gym, hot tub, and pool. Free washer-dryers; you just buy detergent. Free, current DVDs you can borrow from the front desk. Ample parking. Warm, friendly, helpful staff. Immaculate. 24-hour mini-store in the lobby with all kinds of food and toiletries, should you discover you need anything at 1 a.m. Cannot say enough good things and will be looking for other Candlewood Suites in my travels.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lfisherhertz
Susan D, Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
We appreciate and thank you for all your wonderful words of praise and kindness. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you again!

Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I Love the CANDLEWOOD SUITES HOTELS. They Are Always My #1 Choice When I Travel. The Hotel IN WEST SPRINGFIELD,MA Is Always Clean And The Staff Is Always Friendly and helpful. I love the goodie bags you get for being priority club members!!! They make you feel VIP!! When my son got married last October... I booked their honeymoon 3 day here and the staff gave them a great room!!! They loved it and kept saying how spacious and clean it was.
I Already have a 3 day weekend booked for my 25th year class reunion.. November 22-25. I am making it a 3 day relaxation weekend for myself. The reunion is actually in Springfield at the Sheraton Hotel with discounted rooms...but I did not want to stay there!!! Why mess with a good thing!! I know for sure when I check in my room is going to be comfy and cozy! Home away from home! I am also booking a 3 day weekend in Feb 2014 at the Candlewood in Times Square New York for my daughters 17th Birthday.

One of my favorites about the room is the kitchenette with full stovetop, full fridge...all the utensils and all the utensils you need. This really comes in handy for people with food concerns who need to prepare their own meals.The bed is very cozy and I love getting the 1 bedroom suite.

Theres plenty of stores and places to eat right up the street.

Looking forward to my relaxation weekend in November Candlewood Suites!!! You always BRING IT!!! :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hope G
Thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise. We are thrilled that you are happy with our facilities and service. We looking for forward to seeing you in November!

Brockton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The staff was friendly the room as VERY clean wasn't expecting a kitchenette so that was a bonus. The bathroom was very large, spacious and clean. Loved the little desk area where me and the wife setup our charging station for our tablets and phones. The bed was very comfortable, had nice HD TV, decent closet space. It is centrally located to a lot of things. I was born in Springfield and took my wife for the second time to the Big E ( and we saw the beach boys ) it only a few minutes from the BBHF, many shopping centers you have to check out Ingelside Mall, it was minutes to the Big E and to go visit my moms. You can't beat the price and the value of this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John G
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We strive to give our guests great service and a wonderful facility. We looking forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#4 of 17 in West Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Candlewood Suites? Share your experiences!