“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in West Springfield
Boston, United States
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I'm in the Springfield area anually for my religious convention. I always love staying at the Hampton Inn W. Springfield. I can walk to the strip mall for groceries, food & a little shopping. The staff was very friendly. The complimentary breakfast at Hampton Inn's are always enjoyable. My only issue with this location is they don't have an indoor pool. I could never understand why any hotel in New England would have an outdoor pool. Overall, I had a pleasant stay and would stay again when in the area.

2 Thank Sharol K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Flushing, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

had to stay here due to overbooking. normally this is priced out of my allowance, and for some reason it was on the dot that day. I am glad because it was a pleasant stay. If they were able to negotiate the price with me, I would stay more frequently. Place was just as clean as the competitor.

Long Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hamtpon Inn's are my "go to" hotels. I honestly have to say this one left me disappointed. The room was clean, but didn't have that fresh just cleaned smell I have come to expect. The front desk staff was very nice and accomodating. The breakfast also left us disappointed. It was not as well attended to, and didn't have the variety that we have found at other Hampton Inn's. Our second morning there was no waffle mix and only a few pieces of bread out.
They didn't show up to clean my room until after 4pm--the time I returned back and wanted to shower and rest in a nice clean room and bathroom. Instead I had to call down and ask for them to at least empty my garbage pails and replace the towels. The water pressure was terrible (we were on the 4th floor). We ended up checking out 2 days early. The pool was decent but had a lot of leaves in it and I found myself picking them out.
The hotel is conveniently located near the interstate and restaurants and it is reasonably priced.
We were in the area visiting colleges and honestly if my daughter ends up choosing a college in that area I will most likely look for an different hotel.

Room Tip: maybe a lower floor might have better water pressure.
1 Thank Mish7777
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here on business recently. Hotel convenient to interstate and restaurants. Rooms were clean and functional, although a little small compared to other Hamptons I've stayed at. Fitness center was suitable, with individual tv monitors, etc. Front desk was helpful in accomodating my room request. Breakfast I found a little lacking, with minimal offerings and a help staff that was not attentive to keeping the food stocked. They seemed more interested in talking with other staff members than restocking the food. All in all an average stay for a Hampton Inn

New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The staff here is great and accommodating. I always feel welcome. Great breakfast and staff again very helpful. Room is always clean and one of the nicer gyms and the Hilton Honors program is one of the better programs.

Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My son and I were headed to NYC and decided to stop in Springfield for the night and also visit the Basketball Hall of Fame. We stayed on a Sunday night. Check in was quick and the desk clerk was nice. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.
The location was nice for a couple of reasons. Were we just a few minutes from downtown where the Hall of Fame is located. Also, the are several restaurants around the hotel. We chose Olive Garden. We walked to the restaurant. I got in a quick 2 mile run and the area was very safe.
We were able to jump right on the interstate as it as about 1/2 mile from the hotel.
The price was very reasonable.
Overall, a good choice.

Middleboro, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was given keys to a room that were already occupied, cauising distubance to the guests in those rooms. I found the rooms to be dirty and they didn't change ny sheets each night. In addition, I had to listen to barking dogs in adjacent rooms. I won't stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sharon T, Manager at Hampton Inn West Springfield, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor experience you encounter last weekend. I will be sharing your comments with our team, so we can work on immediate improvement. At the Hampton Inn we take pride in providing the best lodging and services to our guest, so our lapses during your stay are being taken seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me directly. Again,on behalf of the management and staff I offer our apologies.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Springfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
BEST WESTERN Springfield West Inn
BEST WESTERN Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ West Springfield
#5 of 17 in West Springfield
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield

Been to Hampton Inn West Springfield? Share your experiences!